Petrol Heads Of The Iom

Deano_iom

I'll get one that says 'powered by dead animals subjected to high heat and pressure over millions of years and then extracted by gazillionaires and sold to me after the Gov. has chewed the arse out of my wallet by yet more gazillionaires just so I can be infront of you'

Best get a wider back window.

There's a Kahn and an Overfinch Range Rover in Ramsey. I've seen a good few Bentleys knocking about recently too. They sound nice. Couple of Aston Martins doing the rounds and a couple of GTR's. Then there is the guy with the Jensen Interceptor and his E-Type (has he got any others?). Quite a few older Jags, Bentleys, Rollers and the like knocking about too. I saw a nice 5 series BMW a while back, nothing fancy like an M5 but it looked in excellent condition for its age.

I saw what was either a 328 or 348 Ferrari go by today - didn't get long enough to look at it.

There's a 458 lurking around too. Down south I've seen a GTR, couple of Astons, a few nice Jags, the Overfinch has been lurking around, another Ferarri, a white Lambo.

Was a new McLaren in town the other day too.

I have to say, I am also rather partial to a well maintained rally-breed (Evo, Scooby, Focus etc)

• 3 weeks later...

There's a nice black Ferrari on UK plates hanging around Ramsey at present. I've seen it a few times from a distance and it was behind me the other night and when I turned off the TT course and it went by it sounded lovely - not sure what model it is though as I haven't seen it close up other than in the rear view mirror briefly.

Outside of having the money to buy something really special, I'd like one of these to hoon it around in on a sunny day/evening (I so wanted one as a teenager)...

post-72-0-72386100-1338076254_thumb.jpg

I got destroyed by a Porsche GTR3 on the climb up to Guthries last week (early Friday morning, about 7am), and my car isn't exactly a slouch.

What was less impressive was how the driver then proceeded to overtake three vehicles through Guthries itself, so he was on the wrong side of the road right the way through the S - fortunately there was no one coming the other way.

Dunno if he thought the one-way had already started or something, but it wasn't nice to watch.