Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Mission

Britains Biggest Hoarders

Did anyone catch it last night?

I thought I had a load of crap for those 'just in case' or 'I'll find a use for that' moments but those guys were pro's!

It was interesting to see the psycological side of it all, the fact that certain life events can trigger this type of behaviour in people and that it should even be recognised as a 'condition' that people are suffering from.

There seem to be a fair number of these type of programmes on at the moment. There was that 'Get Your House in Order' on Channel 4 or 5 and now this and I believe there's another one coming up this week or next too. It must be a big issue I guess.

I think they did give some stats but I watched it pretty late last night so I wasn't fully paying attention - might give it another watch.

Didn't watch it, too many of a similar ilk about. BBC must be short of ideas.

Edited by Katman

These people were definitely more extreme than the Get Your House in Order lot. I've not seen The Hoarder Next Door yet so no idea if they are on a par with them.

You need to get onto the American one "Hoarders", it's way more gross!! One woman, who was clearly tapped, claimed to be a beautician (as evidenced by her Avon boxes of course, ha ha) and her home was in such a mess that the Authorities they told her to clean up or it would be demolished. They went in and it was horrendous, there was about 3 foot of cat poop all over the house, no kidding, about 5 cat corpses, and just mess everywhere, the place was totally uninhabitable . . . she also could not make it up to the bathroom and had been using plastic bags to sh*t in and just threw them where ever - the poor clean up crew did their best not to be judgemental (and I would guess, sick) but despite their best efforts, the house had to be demolished and she had to pay a cost of $10k for the demolition! Truly horrendous and 9 out of 10 of these "hoarders" have way more issues than collecting things and are always given the chance of councelling but most of them dont take it as they dont think they have a problem!

They are such good viewing and the added bonus is you feel good about yourself - however much you think your house needs a good scrub every now and again, it's never ever as bad as these houses!! sweatingbullets.gif

These people do have mental problems. I watched it until it became clear that it was just another 'freak show', it is dead sad really.

it happens here as well, we just don't have our own TV station to film it...