Train Hitting Train In Port Erin

could anyone tell me why the train crash in port erin on bank holiday monday 2 weeks ago has not made the papers. two trains hittin each other i would think was news? as the station master forgot to set the points.

I was wondering when this would be reported. It's very common knowledge in many circles but nothing in the papers or on the radio. It would have made a good story had anyone seen any merit in reporting it. I believe there are pictures somewhere.

was mentioned on Manx Radio on something like Friday last week, Stu can confirm that as it was on his prog

Yes it was on last week, and apparently John Moss had covered the story on Mandate that morning.

.. and the story about the shiny new bus that had its side ripped out while coming off the boat?

Did that happen?

Did you hear the one about the Greek Dentists Fatwa and Stu having to keep low in case he gets a scraping and filling? That was a good show, never heard the man back pedal so quick. :-)

All the best stories break on MF.

It's not news otherwise.

If Amadeus was on the Island more often we would all be much more enlightened about such things......tongue.png

Edit to add... and we would have photos to prove it :-)

heard today two carrages where badley damaged and the engine to, also heard the station master has been suspended, did see the heath and safety gang down to day at the station. wonder why longworth has not said a word his the fat controller is he not, or is it his way to get a new train if his staff crash the old ones.the station master didnt look the full shilling every time i saw him. and what happened to the passengers when it hit.

heard today two carrages where badley damaged and the engine to, also heard the station master has been suspended, did see the heath and safety gang down to day at the station. wonder why longworth has not said a word his the fat controller is he not, or is it his way to get a new train if his staff crash the old ones.the station master didnt look the full shilling every time i saw him. and what happened to the passengers when it hit.

Would that be Heath Robinson perchance, would seem to be appropriatebiggrin.png

This is in the News section of the IoMSRSA

Holiday Monday saw a minor collision at Port Erin when the incoming 10.55am service train hauled by No. 4 Loch entered the station on the bay platform line instead of the usual platform when the points were not set correctly for its arrival. The quick-thinking crew of the inward bound train applied the brakes as soon as the error was noticed but failed to stop short of No. 13 Kissack which was at the head of her train ready for the 12.05pm departure. The result was a minor collision in which No. 13 sustained damage to her rear buffer beam and coupling springs. No. 13 will be out of action for at least two weeks and was withdrawn from traffic on return to Douglas. The incident meant that the 3.00pm ex-Douglas and 5.30pm ex-Port Erin services that day were cancelled. No. 4 was undamaged and remains in traffic.

rugger, you are obviously not the full sixpence judging by your spelling and grammar