1 Way Over The Mountain......

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I very much doubt that the small inconvenience of having to go the other way would deter bikers from riding like loons.

Good thing yes there will be idiots who drive like idiots but the chances of them surviving just coming off rather than being involved in a head on collision is obviously better

Im not "Anti-Bikes"....just "Anti-pointless death and injury"

On the one hand it encourages idiots to be idiots, on the other it makes it less dangerous for foreign bikers etc.

Probably a good thing on balance, hard to say without stats.

If it was purely a safty issue. making it one way anti clockwise would make more sense.

Why anti clockwise???

Being the opposite way to the races it would probably deter a few of the mindless idiots treating the road one was as being a race track and riding as such.

I appreciate it would be an extremely unpupular decision but on safety grounds it has a lot going for it. I also think that it makes sense it terms of the general population. The pressure points are generally not in the morning in terms of getting to work as travel is not as concentrated but in the evening on practice nights or when there have been delays.

If it was purely a safty issue. making it one way anti clockwise would make more sense.

That would be extremely daft and ten times more dangerous.

Why would it be ten times more dangerous? All the traffic would be going the same way with the exception that it is no longer part of the TT run

You could race in the other direction in the old PS2 game, if I recall correctly.

That game was the dog's danglies. An actually hard bike game, as opposed to all the Superbike/MotoGP rubbish where your rider will hold onto the bike no matter what you do to it.