1 Way Over The Mountain......

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I very much doubt that the small inconvenience of having to go the other way would deter bikers from riding like loons.

Good thing yes there will be idiots who drive like idiots but the chances of them surviving just coming off rather than being involved in a head on collision is obviously better

Im not "Anti-Bikes"....just "Anti-pointless death and injury"

Good luck enforcing a minimum/maximum speed limit when a police car can't pass anyone due to a line of cones...

Dear Helix

It may not have dawned upon you but the emergency services heavily use helicopters during TT week to avoid needing to use busy roads. A helicopter could always be borrowed or hired to patrol the mountain road from for example a UK Police force or the forces equipped with a camera recording the registration plate. Indeed the helicopter could also carry an incident management team including Police officers, and medical personelle for a first on the scene intervention at the site of any mountain road incident should the worst happen. The offender could then either be pulled over by a unit in a car parked at the end of the no overtaking section of the road, or alternatively a hefty fine could be sent direct to their resident address. I realise thinking outside the box doesn't come naturally to you, what with your love of motorcars, (indeed to you the mountain road being one way is possibly a boon as it helps feed your intolerant and impatient belief that you need to get from A to B as quickly as possible and shouldn't have other road users in your way to inconvenience you) but you should really be capable of doing so at your age.

Hope this helps

Regards

Stuartt

Edited by StuartT

Good luck enforcing a minimum/maximum speed limit when a police car can't pass anyone due to a line of cones...

Dear Helix

It may not have dawned upon you but the emergency services heavily use helicopters during TT week to avoid needing to use busy roads. A helicopter could always be borrowed or hired to patrol the mountain road from for example a UK Police force or the forces equipped with a camera recording the registration plate. Indeed the helicopter could also carry an incident management team including Police officers, and medical personelle for a first on the scene intervention at the site of any mountain road incident should the worst happen. The offender could then either be pulled over by a unit in a car parked at the end of the no overtaking section of the road, or alternatively a hefty fine could be sent direct to their resident address. I realise thinking outside the box doesn't come naturally to you, what with your love of motorcars, but you should really be capable of doing so at your age.

Hope this helps

Regards

Stuartt

So where would the money come from? They'd need to issue a lot of tickets to pay for a chopper. Sounds expensive.

Dear Helix

It may not have dawned upon you but the emergency services heavily use helicopters during TT week to avoid needing to use busy roads. A helicopter could always be borrowed or hired to patrol the mountain road from for example a UK Police force or the forces equipped with a camera recording the registration plate. Indeed the helicopter could also carry an incident management team including Police officers, and medical personelle for a first on the scene intervention at the site of any mountain road incident should the worst happen. The offender could then either be pulled over by a unit in a car parked at the end of the no overtaking section of the road, or alternatively a hefty fine could be sent direct to their resident address. I realise thinking outside the box doesn't come naturally to you, what with your love of motorcars, but you should really be capable of doing so at your age.

Hope this helps

Regards

Stuartt

So where would the money come from? They'd need to issue a lot of tickets to pay for a chopper. Sounds expensive.

You'd need a hell of a lot of cones too and they'd be a right PITA to put out / retrieve before / after every session.

Still a lot less cost and hassle than the cost of clearing up an incident and the resultant aftermath including managing the incident, hospital intervention, the coroner's inquests, clearing up the roads,etc etc.

Edited by StuartT

Dear Helix

It may not have dawned upon you but the emergency services heavily use helicopters during TT week to avoid needing to use busy roads. A helicopter could always be borrowed or hired to patrol the mountain road from for example a UK Police force or the forces equipped with a camera recording the registration plate. Indeed the helicopter could also carry an incident management team including Police officers, and medical personelle for a first on the scene intervention at the site of any mountain road incident should the worst happen. The offender could then either be pulled over by a unit in a car parked at the end of the no overtaking section of the road, or alternatively a hefty fine could be sent direct to their resident address. I realise thinking outside the box doesn't come naturally to you, what with your love of motorcars, (indeed to you the mountain road being one way is possibly a boon as it helps feed your intolerant and impatient belief that you need to get from A to B as quickly as possible and shouldn't have other road users in your way to inconvenience you) but you should really be capable of doing so at your age.

Hope this helps

Regards

Stuartt

I see you've gone back to being an insulting arsehole just because I pointed out a rather large flaw in your idea.

If you were capable of "thinking outside the box" as you so readily advocate, you'll notice I'm posting in favour of trialling a national speed limit in the thread about the TT crashes. Where exactly does that fit in with my impatient, small-minded nature?

Also, if you were capable of comprehension, you'd notice that I have never claimed inconvenience as my reasoning for the discussion in the horse thread, which I presume you are referencing with your snide, idiotic remarks. I cited safety as the reason for my concern, but apparently being interested in someone's safety makes me a small minded petrolhead. I see maybe 2 or 3 horses a year on the roads due to which roads I regularly drive on. Inconvenience for me is entirely minimal, so much as to be virtually non-existant.

But please, continue to try to belittle me with poorly thought out and inaccurate comments about your assumptions of my lifestyle.

Dear Helix

Hope this helps

Regards

Stuartt

You'd need a hell of a lot of cones too and they'd be a right PITA to put out / retrieve before / after every session.

Still a lot less cost and hassle than the cost of clearing up an incident and the resultant aftermath including managing the incident, hospital intervention, the coroner's inquests, clearing up the roads,etc etc.

This may well be true but can we be sure how much it all costs now? I tried my damndest to find out how much the medical costs were, from a syringe needle to on-call consultants, from bandages to cat-gut. It's impossible to believe what the government number-crunchers come up with and i ran into vague expenses and obfuscation so gave up trying.

FoIFoIFoI and so on...

StuartT.

Go have a look at the Cronk e Vody thread to see what Helix agrees with.

Then have a look at the tt forum at iomtt.com

Everyone agrees something needs to be done.

Dear Helix

Hope this helps

Regards

Stuartt

I see you've gone back to being an insulting arsehole just because I pointed out a rather large flaw in your idea.

If you were capable of "thinking outside the box" as you so readily advocate, you'll notice I'm posting in favour of trialling a national speed limit in the thread about the TT crashes. Where exactly does that fit in with my impatient, small-minded nature?

Also, if you were capable of comprehension, you'd notice that I have never claimed inconvenience as my reasoning for the discussion in the horse thread, which I presume you are referencing with your snide, idiotic remarks. I cited safety as the reason for my concern, but apparently being interested in someone's safety makes me a small minded petrolhead. I see maybe 2 or 3 horses a year on the roads due to which roads I regularly drive on. Inconvenience for me is entirely minimal, so much as to be virtually non-existant.

But please, continue to try to belittle me with poorly thought out and inaccurate comments about your assumptions of my lifestyle.

Dear Helix

I have better things to do with my time than read all the threads here. So forgive me for not having acknowledged that idea. However if you do a search a speed limit has been suggested time and time again before - so hardly original thinking at all. Now as regards your impatient nature it could be suggest that it has dawned upon you that you would be further delayed by result of an accident - and therefore are supporting the lesser of two evils.... You still failed to consider the alternative options other than using a patrol car on the mountain road - hence my comments about not thinking outside the box... So what you've actually pointed out is that you failed to consider all the options for policing the said two way no overtaking system, not any flaw in my plan as I did not initially discuss how to police the said scheme.

You feign 'concern' for the safety of a party to whom the greatest threat to their safety in the said location is the attitude of some parties that they do not belong there. Your answer to that is to support the banning of those minority road users implies that you too feel that somehow the needs of the motorcar users should take precedence over that of anyone else (aka as a petrolhead) - thereby adding support to the belief that those minority road users shouldn't be on the road in the first place and deserve it if they are involved with an incident due to the fault of the motorist. This implies that you can see little beyond the needs of motorists, and indeed by your own admission you have become reliant upon your car...

Hope this helps

Regards

Stuartt

StuartT.

Go have a look at the Cronk e Vody thread to see what Helix agrees with.

Then have a look at the tt forum at iomtt.com

Everyone agrees something needs to be done.

Fair point, will have a look...

• Like 1

I have better things to do with my time than read all the threads here. So forgive me for not having acknowledged that idea. However if you do a search a speed limit has been suggested time and time again before - so hardly original thinking at all. Now as regards your impatient nature it could be suggest that it has dawned upon you that you would be further delayed by result of an accident - and therefore are supporting the lesser of two evils.... You still failed to consider the alternative options other than using a patrol car on the mountain road - hence my comments about not thinking outside the box... So what you've actually pointed out is that you failed to consider all the options for policing the said two way no overtaking system, not any flaw in my plan as I did not initially discuss how to police the said scheme.

So any idea has to be original to have any merit? We'd best not talk about pretty much anything ever again then eh?

The flaw is that your suggestion of how to police it involves a huge cost. And no, I haven't been delayed by any of the accidents because I avoid the mountain for the majority of TT week.

You feign 'concern' for the safety of a party to whom the greatest threat to their safety in the said location is the attitude of some parties that they do not belong there. Your answer to that is to support the banning of those minority road users implies that you too feel that somehow the needs of the motorcar users should take precedence over that of anyone else (aka as a petrolhead) - thereby adding support to the belief that those minority road users shouldn't be on the road in the first place and deserve it if they are involved with an incident due to the fault of the motorist. This implies that you can see little beyond the needs of motorists, and indeed by your own admission you have become reliant upon your car...

It's not a feigned concern. I don't think that they "don't belong there" I think they are unsafe there.

My reasons for thinking the motorcar has greater need to be on the road are well documented in other threads and barely worth repeating - neither was your statement to the contrary. If you can't see why cars are vastly more necessary on roads than horses, then you are narrow minded and only seeing things from your perspective. Nobody rides a horse to work or to the shops.

The reason for my "ban" suggestion is because it's cheap to implement. You want an expensive nice suggestion? Build more tracks for horses that cars aren't allowed on. Would suit me just the same, just would cost a lot of money so I avoided using that as an idea.

Claiming I implied that the minority user "deserved it" even if the incident was the fault of the motorist is a frankly disgusting lie. I can only assume you've said it to try to swing favour to your opinion by evoking emotion in people reading this, and trying to paint me in a bad light. If you're so sure that my viewpoint is completely wrong and yours completely right, you shouldn't need to do something quite so vindictive.