Avoid Cronk-Y-Voddy

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As stated by others....sensible people use one of the various options stated to avoid too much inconvenience. Having lived in the governers hill area for many years, during the three days a year (!!!)

Evil Goblin: You have no idea how tedious and insulting comments about 'flipping burgers' can be. When I was studying at uni I was perfectly happy to earn extra cash working in a burger bar - as were

The speed limits do require looking at all over the island as has been mentioned, there does seem to be some very strange anomalies.   70 has been mentioned again as a proposed limit on the mountain

Ballacraine - Kirk Michael rd closed due to a RTC. Buses inc. school services to divert via coast rd to Peel & St Johns until at least 11:30

I was chatting to some holiday makers at the weekend, one had been knocked off his bike by a car he was overtaking (she pulled out to over take at the same time), he was ok, then he tells us, last year, when he came off his bike he broke his leg - get a car! Another had been caught speeding and thought 48 was OK in a 30....yea yea, fair enough bikes are not as dangerous to pedestrians but 48 in a 30 is quite bad. The speeding police are hiding in sneaky places, I saw one booking a biker who was coming down the road towards Governors round about, hardly the most dangerous place to speed. I'm divided about speeding bikers I'd hope they;d act responsibly without the need for 'naughty boy' speeding tickets, I find that a bit stupid, giving £350 to the government is not ever going to bring a dead person back to life, it is also a bit rotten to spoil their holidays but I guess they know the risks & can read numbers. What would happen if they did not have enough money to cover the speeding ticket?

I've seen them on Governors Hill a few times Bees. A place I spotted them yesterday for the first time was on the Ballamoar straight at Ballaugh Cronk, bit strange considering it's an unrestricted zone (unless that's changed lately).

It's the same every year - for TT Fortnight the Island's roads become totally unsafe to be used and disruption abounds. It's one thing for competitors to kill themselves - "they know the risks" - but totally unacceptable for ordinary people to be put at such risk. It really is time something is done about it and, as the biking fraternity are the cause of the problem, it's encumbent on them to come up with solutions. So come on, Petrolheads - what might they be? If you can't come up with them you are simply reinforcing the anti-TT case.

• Like 1

It's the same every year - for TT Fortnight the Island's roads become totally unsafe to be used and disruption abounds. It's one thing for competitors to kill themselves - "they know the risks" - but totally unacceptable for ordinary people to be put at such risk. It really is time something is done about it and, as the biking fraternity are the cause of the problem, it's encumbent on them to come up with solutions. So come on, Petrolheads - what might they be? If you can't come up with them you are simply reinforcing the anti-TT case.

Do as Guy cunting Martin suggests - go home and cut your grass. Fuckin twat

• Like 1

I saw two pedestrians nearly taken out on the prom yesterday. Everything had stopped to let them across zebra crossing outside Villa Marina Arcade when a blue european registered 4*4 type came steeming up the inside at 30+ with apparently no clue whu other vehicles had stoped or what a zebra crossing was. Three more paces and the pedestrians would have stood no chance. Only problem was I was not quick enough to get a registration number

Do as Guy cunting Martin suggests - go home and cut your grass. Fuckin twat

Commuters. School / nursery / childcare runs. Delivery drivers. You want all these people (and many more) to stay at home and cut the grass for two weeks? The island would grind to a halt.

My grass needs cutting if anyone wants to pop round & do it for me, in fact, I think I will do it myself, watch some munter on a bike deliberately crash right out side of my house, mount the pavement and then launch himself and his bike over my garden wall killing me in the process - maybe cutting the grass in TT week is dangerous too - Stay safe kids. Stay in!

• Like 2