Avoid Cronk-Y-Voddy

IOMRS97

Great that you take the time to post this info, Mish. Ta very much.

Regrettably, i'm informed this morning that so far we have 11 deaths. Any way this can be clarified?

When I posted the Energy news update on the Alpine accident ,it said it was the 4th fatality.

I thought the it was the 5th.

Great that you take the time to post this info, Mish. Ta very much.

Regrettably, i'm informed this morning that so far we have 11 deaths. Any way this can be clarified?

If this is true I shall retract my statement that you have your head up your arse.

Why thankyou, will i hear the pop? Wondered what the smell was....

Anyway, as i work close to the, ahem, casualty station, this info comes from those 'on-site' and i wondered why, if the figure is accurate, there is no local media covering it. I hope sincerely that they are wrong but 'official' press-releases can take time, especially when it's not good news concerning the TT.

... I can think of at least two other fatal accidents in the area in previous years.

Its a well known 'black spot' being a cross roads often approached at too high a speed given the lack of visibility of the side roads - tho I don't know what happened this year so can't comment on that.

From IOMTT

A rearranged schedule for the second day of racing at the 2012 Isle of Man TT fuelled by Monster Energy has been announced.

The start of racing had to be delayed after a serious open roads incident at Greeba.

Organisers have now confirmed plans for a rearranged schedule.

At 12.30pm there will be a Subaru demonstration lap and at 1pm the Monster Energy Supersport 1 race, over four laps, will get away.

There will be a one-lap Sidecar practice at 3.15pm, followed by another Subaru demonstration at 3.30pm.

The SES TT Zero challengers will have a single practice lap at 3.50pm, and access roads all around the course will be opened between 5pm and 6pm.

At 6.30pm, the Royal London 360 Superstock, over four laps, will begin.

disclaimer - for those who can't note the sarcasm riddling my last post ............

unfortunately my statement appears to be the attitude of many people (they know the risks etc)

In reply to MDOs post about taking over an hour to get home tonight because of the extended road closure

MDO, think yourself lucky with an hours journey, I once spent 3 and a half! getting from the Glen Maye area to Ramsey when a similar situation happened about 4 -5years ago, the races were delayed but it was before IIRC they opened corridors for traffic to get in/ out of the middle of the circuit.

Douglas was the main problem and it was total gridlock with no Police or DOI helping the traffic flow. At one stage I was considering getting a hotel room!

As someone posted above when the races are delayed like this it should not just be the Clerk of the Course that decides when roads will open again. Although lots of businesses shut for TT there are a larger number that are in work and the authorities need to think about all the population, not just the fans and visitors.

It is precisely events like this, people getting home late that winds up the residents that are not fans. It would make sense to my way of looking at it, if the authorities thought about the loss of good will this sort of thing does.

To a non fan its like "stuff you, you will get home maybe a an hour or two late so whats your problem" Oh and the usual boat reply but that is not doing the event any favors long term when it relies on a certain amount of co-operation from the whole island.

" the authorities need to think about all the population, not just the fans and visitors."

Bollocks, they can do that the other 50 weeks of the year. I sat in traffic for ages this evening, but I really don't give a damn. Yes, it's annoying, but I would genuinely rather I be delayed an hour than someone who has ridden all the way from Germany for many many hours doesn't get what they came for. Get over it and enjoy it.

• Like 3

Bollocks, they can do that the other 50 weeks of the year. I sat in traffic for ages this evening, but I really don't give a damn. Yes, it's annoying...............Get over it and enjoy it.

Only someone largely brain dead could advocate enjoying being stuck in traffic for an hour or more. You may fit that bill but most of us do not.

• Like 1

Bollocks, they can do that the other 50 weeks of the year. I sat in traffic for ages this evening, but I really don't give a damn. Yes, it's annoying...............Get over it and enjoy it.

Only someone largely brain dead could advocate enjoying being stuck in traffic for an hour or more. You may fit that bill but most of us do not.

I just don't let it worry me, just part and parcel of it all. Stop moaning.