Well Done Manx Radio

ccm

ATTENTION CENSORSHIP! I'm Manx & proud. It pisses me off when a) people from outside the Island are employed to do something that we on the Island can do and b) my taxes are going to someone off-Island when clearly they know nothing about my homeland

For the record Censorship, having read some of your posts on this site you really do come across as a particularly disturbed individual who leads a very sad life.

You must be very lonely in the evenings

• Like 1

ATTENTION CENSORSHIP! I'm Manx & proud. It pisses me off when a) people from outside the Island are employed to do something that we on the Island can do and b) my taxes are going to someone off-Island when clearly they know nothing about my homeland

For the record Censorship, having read some of your posts on this site you really do come across as a particularly disturbed individual who leads a very sad life.

You must be very lonely in the evenings

You may have missed the sarcasm in my post...I criticised Manx Radio in a couple of other threads, not out of a persoanl grudge, purely because I don't like what they are doing, and was told the only reason I could hold such an opinion was if I worked for a competitor or was ex-Manx Radio staff, neither of which is true. It appears to be some form of forum rule that if you hold an opinion, it is shaped by where you work or have worked, nothing else.

As I say, it was sarcasm based on my forum experiences.

Out of interest, could you point me to one of my posts which reflects on me being 'particularly disturbed'?

• Like 1

There are a number of comments you made in the Cronk-y-Voddy thread that, to me and it seems a few others, lean on the 'very odd' side of the fence but hey, I don't want get drawn into the usual tit-for-tat rubbish that is often displayed on this site.

Your opinion which you're entitled to and mine, which I'm entitled to.

If you're going to employ sarcasm again, could you perhaps hint toward it so the rest of us also get the joke? Ta

ATTENTION CENSORSHIP! I'm Manx & proud. It pisses me off when a) people from outside the Island are employed to do something that we on the Island can do and b) my taxes are going to someone off-Island when clearly they know nothing about my homeland.

If you consider the amount of work available creating adverts for MR and the other stations it's debatable whether a viable business plan could be put together based solely on this source of income.

Even were you get half the available market I doubt if you would make much of a living.

Good luck to Stu when he gets going - I'm sure Alex B. can point him in the direction of some good talent.

Please do not refer to ladies as Gals or you will get in as much hot water as a certain Minister did when he was visiting a school, this was subsequently complained about by the person who it was made to, and should get in the real world, and believe it or not, and you will, taken up by Brenda , it was not me, Cannell and mentioned in Tynwald. That woman wastes more Tax payers money complaining about things than any other M.H.K. she is a complete waste of time and space, and as for the idiot who complained, well words fail me and that does not happen a lot..

• Like 2

I stopped listening to Manx Radio years ago when the news reader insisted on calling Groudle Glen Groodle Glen, have drifted back since then but really if they do not know the correct pronounciation surely there is someone they can ask or get the script phonetically written. I am sure I have made a spelling error here so I am holding my hands up before some bright spark corrects me, nobody is perfect.

I stopped listening to Manx Radio years ago when the news reader insisted on calling Groudle Glen Groodle Glen, have drifted back since then but really if they do not know the correct pronounciation surely there is someone they can ask or get the script phonetically written. I am sure I have made a spelling error here so I am holding my hands up before some bright spark corrects me, nobody is perfect.

I grew up in the north of the Island 1in the 1960's, there was a noticable difference in Manx accent and pronunciation between the rural North and Douglas. The North was a 'real' Manx accent...

• Like 1

I like telling visitors how to get to Ramsey - head up to 'on Chan' past 'Lake-sy' and it's just after 'More Gold'.

I still remember the advert at the cinema referencing On Chan Head.

Ha! Showin yer age there gal...

I remember that, it was for White City. ("Get there on bus no.1"). That advert always appeared in tandem with the one for "Drink Downwards" and the in-house refreshments including the "Drink on a Stick". Reflecting ccm's opening post, was there not indeed a cinema advert for Brid-son and Horrox"

Did they not try do do a Radio TT plus a few years back at a tenner a pop. It Failed technically I seem to remember.

So maybe this is a trial to see if they can get the technical stuff right this time around. before they start charging again.

I don't mind... cos I can listen to the racing for free 8000 miles away.

But I still think the archives should be on general sale on itunes. I don't see the point in a year round TT station.

I find it very amusing and pseudo how so many of the Manx Radio presenters have started to pronounce Andreas as 'andrus'. If Brian and Dog say that it how it is said then it must be 'correct'.

They just don't get it do they.

It's cringe-worthy when non-Manx presenters try to imitate Manx expressions or maybe it's 'the sincerest form of flattery'.!

The thing that's amusing me most on Radio TT is John Moss - who's a very distinguished and well educated gentleman - now introducing himself, when reading the news, as "Johnny Moss" just to sound down with the bikers!! PMSL :D

When I worked in radio we had a list of regular voice talents we sent a script to for reading, hard prenounciations were wrote down in idiot proof terms.. Onchan - Onkan, Maughold - mack-ulled etc.

Back in the day you would connect to the voice artist's studio via isdn and record it with direction from the person recording it this end.. Any mispronunciation would be corrected there and then. In later years you would send the script, they would record it and fire over the mp3 via email so it was more important the script was idiot proof.

It would be listened to by the sales person responsible for the client, the person responsible for scheduling adverts into the play out system and the client.. So how stuff like this gets on air is beyond me.