Need Help Moving My Stuff To England

Sidney

Hi all,

Recently moved from the Isle of Man to Derbyshire and most of my stuff is still sat at my landlady's house in Ramsey waiting to be transported over, I'm looking for anyone who is coming over with an empty van or part load that can deliver all my personal effects, It's not a massive amount (No furniture or TV or stuff like that), when I moved out of my flat it all fitted very easily into the back of a Citroen Berlingo.

I tried the usual removals companies but was quoted a pretty hefty sum, several times what it would cost me to just come over with a vehicle and collect it myself (Looks like this might be what will happen).

If anybody can help please contact me on 07907 354999.

Thanks.

I am looking maybe of going away in my van just after TT week, drop me a PM with your UK postcode (so I can calculate fuel cost) and we can go from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi can i just ask, I am looking at doing the same journey but in reverse and need to move a short wheel base transit van sized amount of personal belongings, ideally last weekend in August, and am having the same problems in regards to costs. I don't mind paying a sensible quote but if its cheaper for me to hire a van and pay for it to go on the boat, then it cant be classed as a sensible quote! :) Cheers

Hi can i just ask, I am looking at doing the same journey but in reverse and need to move a short wheel base transit van sized amount of personal belongings, ideally last weekend in August, and am having the same problems in regards to costs. I don't mind paying a sensible quote but if its cheaper for me to hire a van and pay for it to go on the boat, then it cant be classed as a sensible quote! smile.png Cheers

FWIW if you do go by boat there are special lower rates for a transit as long as it's not too high (but they didn't check my van). You can book online or visit the racket's offices using the back door (freight). I was pleasently surprised at the low rate.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Am still looking as if i hire a van it looks as if i will need to book return on both ferry crossings (iom-uk and iom-iow) as there dosnt seem to be many one way hire companies. Am hoping to be able to get the stuff from here to there for about £500-£600 if i can so if anyone knows of anyone doing a return trip from UK with an empty or part load van, if you can let me know that would be appreciated, cheers

I've recently booked a small van plus return trip on the ferry for just over £400 in total - and that's a week of vehicle hire included in that too - so £600 is a pretty high estimate, unless you're after a huge LWB Transit or similar.

I just been given a quote of £1,400 for my stuff to be collected from here and taken to the Isle of Man! Its mad as i can do it myself for less than half that, but have also got to take the car over so would prefer to pay someone to do the job. Lethargy - the reason i had to put a higher amount is because i also have to account for the ferry this end (IOW to Southampton) which is alot cheaper than the Steam Packet. Because i have to get the car over and the kids etc... it would make life so much easier if someone can just take the stuff for me and i given the ferry cost etc... would stretch to 1k if someone had a bigger van and could take all my stuff as a part load, but you wouldnt believe how hard it seems to find someone. I have put an ad on Shiply.com and included an inventory so will see what happens

I just been given a quote of £1,400 for my stuff to be collected from here and taken to the Isle of Man! Its mad as i can do it myself for less than half that, but have also got to take the car over so would prefer to pay someone to do the job. Lethargy - the reason i had to put a higher amount is because i also have to account for the ferry this end (IOW to Southampton) which is alot cheaper than the Steam Packet. Because i have to get the car over and the kids etc... it would make life so much easier if someone can just take the stuff for me and i given the ferry cost etc... would stretch to 1k if someone had a bigger van and could take all my stuff as a part load, but you wouldnt believe how hard it seems to find someone. I have put an ad on Shiply.com and included an inventory so will see what happens

Does the quote of £1,400 include packing it as well or just collecting? Next year I expect that i will need to use a company with a large removals van (7.5 ton or so) to pick up my stuff from the Swiss Alps, I wouldn't be surprised were it to cost in the region of £7,000.

FWIW. Used this company a couple of times to ship full and part loads worldwide. LWB Transit, Aland to IOM, £4,500. Same price when we had a Sprinter van pick up a van full in Rhodes and deliver to IOM. Nice guy, dead helpful.

Flexitrans, Felixstowe

Telephone: 01394 458800

E-mail: jamie.read@flexitrans.co.uk

www.flexitrans.co.uk

Always worth speaking to Manx Inde for UK/IOM deliveries - I know they aren't removal guys but worth ringing as they may know someone or may be able to help - and they are brilliant.

FWIW. Used this company a couple of times to ship full and part loads worldwide. LWB Transit, Aland to IOM, £4,500. Same price when we had a Sprinter van pick up a van full in Rhodes and deliver to IOM. Nice guy, dead helpful.

Flexitrans, Felixstowe

Telephone: 01394 458800

E-mail: jamie.read@flexitrans.co.uk

www.flexitrans.co.uk

Always worth speaking to Manx Inde for UK/IOM deliveries - I know they aren't removal guys but worth ringing as they may know someone or may be able to help - and they are brilliant.

Thanks for that link.