Mad Sunday - Mountain Road Closed

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whilst not wishing to rain on anyone's parade.... 'Mad Sunday'. Says it all really. What IS mad is to infer to the lunatic-fringe that there's any particular day they can get out there and go, er, ma

Agreed. Its the culture of "RRAAAGGHHHH go faster!!!!!!" that is attached the IOM TT/MGP events that activily encourages people to test themselves against the fabeled TT course.   The difference be

We live in a world of overused superlatives, they have become ineffective through over use like many antibiotics.

This sounds crackers? So now they will be haring around every other road on the island instead. They are not going to stay in their tents and hotels on mad Sunday!

What an accommodating, welcoming soul you are, its to be hoped you receive the same welcome when your on Holiday. Do you think the people of the Island enjoy the usual traffic idiots and snarl-ups there are outside TT/MGP, since we welcomed so many new residents. These I believe are common-place these days, and have nothing to do with bikes. Welcome to all the bikers, you bring a bit of much needed character and colour to our Island, sadly for only a couple of weeks a year

Just been through Parliament Square in Ramsey and I have never seen it so dead, no massive ques up Lezayre Road like normal, where is everyone? Watching the regatta on the Thames?

Went past the sprint too and there would not be more than 100 bikes parked on the rugby pitch area. Practice week seemed busy, have they all gone home now?

Just been through Parliament Square in Ramsey and I have never seen it so dead, no massive ques up Lezayre Road like normal, where is everyone? Watching the regatta on the Thames?

Went past the sprint too and there would not be more than 100 bikes parked on the rugby pitch area. Practice week seemed busy, have they all gone home now?

According to DED their were 15,000 plus at Jurby Day last year, and they will know if there is money to be made or credit to be taken for other peoples ideas.

This sounds crackers? So now they will be haring around every other road on the island instead. They are not going to stay in their tents and hotels on mad Sunday!

What an accommodating, welcoming soul you are, its to be hoped you receive the same welcome when your on Holiday. Do you think the people of the Island enjoy the usual traffic idiots and snarl-ups there are outside TT/MGP, since we welcomed so many new residents. These I believe are common-place these days, and have nothing to do with bikes. Welcome to all the bikers, you bring a bit of much needed character and colour to our Island, sadly for only a couple of weeks a year

I think you missed the point of my post, but as you sound a complete prat anyway who cares.

• Like 1

Surely a "hero" is someone who a person may look up to and admire so it's an individual thing? So people who love motorsport have their motorsport heroes. People who love football have their heroes and so on and so forth.

Yes, I think people use the word 'hero' when it's someone they admire. I have referred to, for instance, Christoph Waltz as my hero but only in the romantic sense. I still appreciate when I read of people who have done truly heroic acts. Heroes seem to be ordinary people who, when confronted with a situation requiring immediate selfless action, have just done what was needed without any thought for their own safety. I think, for example, there was great heroism on the Titanic whereas these days I imagine most women and children would be trampled under foot in the 'everyone for himself' approach...!

Ah Jurby day, thats where they will all be then, thanks. Whose idea was it then? If it entertains them and stops them blasting round the course, falling off at the corners its got to be a good thing, no?

Not 100% sure, but I think 'The Vintage Motorcycle Club', nothing to do with the Government, until they saw the numbers attending and the money to be made. Another event to latch on to and claim for their own.. It is almost pointless getting into any discussion on accidents with someone like you. Suffice to say, I have lost many close friends through Road Racing. I have been lucky to have known them. I have met thousands of bikers and bike fans over the years, and I could count the nasty or disagreeable ones on one hand. Not one person I have ever met through biking has shown anything else but care and concern for anyone injured in accidents. So please don't insult the culture. If you don't like it, avoid it, as I do with Rugby Pubs and Car Rally / F1 crowds
  • Like 1

The big Jurby day organised by the VMCC where there was 15,000 people last year is at the Manx Grand Prix for which the government have withdrawn the financial support for the one this year

The big Jurby day organised by the VMCC where there was 15,000 people last year is at the Manx Grand Prix for which the government have withdrawn the financial support for the one this year

Sorry, getting old. Totally unforgivable, I accept my failings, and will formally apologise via the UK Media, and by letter to the DED in case I have offended them by existing. What an idiot I am.

As I understand it the IOM branch of the VMCC organised "Jurby Day", a free show last year and the year before , not sure what the arrangements are for this year or if it attracts any government funding . That said the number and marques of vintage machinery on show was fantastic and it gave a few 'old boys' a chance to do a lap or two as well as watching some of the ex racers on the track. The event attracted some good publicity for the island among the 'vintage biker' fraternity.

Edited by paswt