Flybe Reports Losses Of £7.1M

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EORH I am afraid the passage of time may have affected your memory, they both charged for luggage, it was just hidden away in the fare and unless you paid the full economy they charged you to change

My heart bleeds for them.

Will we get an anti-bankruptcy surcharge added to our fares now?

The price of a crossing by ferry..*&^%$$£ !!! and the cheeky blighters on Flymaybe still have the gall to charge you for a crappy coffee on top of the high ticket price, these are the companies who should be on Rogue Traders.

The price of a crossing by ferry..*&^%$$£ !!! and the cheeky blighters on Flymaybe still have the gall to charge you for a crappy coffee on top of the high ticket price, these are the companies who should be on Rogue Traders.

I quite agree but them & others like them never are because they are too big. Money talks.

Don't buy a coffee then. It's not like you're on any Flybe flight for a long time.

• Like 1

You saw the other thread where flybe lost 7m Last year? Do you really think they rip you off and make a massive profit?

You saw the other thread where flybe lost 7m Last year? Do you really think they rip you off and make a massive profit?

well said..........

If anything, I think that then means (as less people need to travel these days and air travel is on it's arse due to the tax on it) that they should be charging more...

Edited by Tarne

I bet this "loss" will not have taken into account the £Millions that they grabbed as "charges" for card transactions.

I would never take any statement from Flybe at face value.

These are audited figures, knowlingly supplying false figures usually results in a jail term or at the least a very stiff fine.

I don't like Flybe one bit but do not doubt the accuracy of these figures.

I am sure that SP & Flybe could reduce there prices if they wanted to, it would mean cutting the frequency of many of there services so that rather going half empty the majority of they time they go less frequently but generally close to capacity. It would probably also result in cutting routes.

We live on a small Island so are never going to have the numbers travelling that make fine margins possible. Equally do we really want an infrequent service to only a few destinations at inconvenient times in return for cheaper fares

I bet this "loss" will not have taken into account the £Millions that they grabbed as "charges" for card transactions.

I would never take any statement from Flybe at face value.

I bet you are right. Those card charges don't go on maintaining the massive infrastructure and security requirements for implementing a busy on line transaction system.

And I am sure they falsify the accounts in the hope no one will ever check or notice.

Seriously. They charge what they charge to provide a service as a business, people whine it's to expensive, and they still don't turn a profit.

Society is screwed up. No one I prepared to pay what it actually costs to provide a service, or product, and expects everything for £3.50. Businesses dont make any money, products and services supplied are crap because they are trying to cut costs at every turn to meet consumers unrealistic pricing expectations. The waste generated by cheap tat is this disposable day and age is a disgrace, but it's almost impossible for a business outside the luxury segment to make a stand and actuall provide quality products and service, at a price where they can turn a profit and survive, because consumers won't pay the extra and would rather save a few quid on some tat that gets shipped in from china having been made by someone who gets a crap wage, and breaks after 12 months. Rinse and repeat.

Flybe are a business. They exist to try and provide a service and make money. I really doubt they sit around the board table discussing ways to rinse an extra fiver out of the IOM route.

I really doubt they sit around the board table discussing ways to rinse an extra fiver out of the IOM route.

I'll bet they do. Whittaker is a billionaire and still couldn't resist slowing down security at Liverpool Airport so that long-suffering families would be forced to pay for the "fast track" service. Businesses want to squeeze extra money out of customers.

• Like 1

i would fly a lot more often if the fares were lower. if i think of going across i get as far as checking the price of the flights and decide against it. in the past year i have missed two family weddings and a 21st and an 18th, purely on the cost of flights. with a family of four the cost of leaving this island is such a rip off. let fly maybe go the way of all the other greedy badly run airlines. i wont miss them. just a shame easy jet doesnt fly to more destinations from here.

i would fly a lot more often if the fares were lower. if i think of going across i get as far as checking the price of the flights and decide against it. in the past year i have missed two family weddings and a 21st and an 18th, purely on the cost of flights. with a family of four the cost of leaving this island is such a rip off. let fly maybe go the way of all the other greedy badly run airlines. i wont miss them. just a shame easy jet doesnt fly to more destinations from here.

Maybe as you say if there were more direct flights and going to more destinations people would use them more,then the volume of local ones to the UK would drop as there would be less call,most local people leaving here are going on holiday,so have to use either Liverpool,Manchester,Birmingham,Gatwick,to hook up with another flight,more direct we need.