New Football Pitch For Onchan

I think David Quirk is a really pleasant fellow, piss poor politician, but credit where credit is due he has put some hours in regarding Onchan Football Club and I am delighted that they have got their own pitch, good luck to them, anything that keeps the kids off the street and gives them an interest, especially outdoors has got my vote, David never will, but that is another matter.

All very laudable. But there are other perhaps more pressing issues at the moment and for that we hear zero from him..... he's well and truly pocketed the CM's shilling, the favour has been returned for his loyalty.

I say again, would COMIN have over-ridden the independent inspectors decision if it was anyone other than DQ representing Onchan Football Club?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It'll be a nice site for Heritage Homes in ~ 5 years.

A key difference with Laxey is they're ultimately in control of the pitch, its use and its ongoing maintenance. With the stadium, outside of Saturday afternoon - it's subject to Onchan Raceway (and th

Quirk is bought now.   He will vote in favour of Cinemanx

Posted Images

To be fair to Quirk, we really ought to wait to see if he is transformed into a lapdog first before actually denouncing him for it. By the way has anyone else had the impression that he seems to have been asking a lot of quite interesting questions over the last six months? I wonder if those who might have been supplying Karran in the past have switched to his fellow member for Onchan.

To be fair to Quirk, we really ought to wait to see if he is transformed into a lapdog first before actually denouncing him for it. By the way has anyone else had the impression that he seems to have been asking a lot of quite interesting questions over the last six months? I wonder if those who might have been supplying Karran in the past have switched to his fellow member for Onchan.

I have a problem with the whole concept of some "shady" organisation being behind questions by PK and now others, being asked in Tynwald. I am not suggesting you think that Roger but plenty do.

This is the Isle of Man, not the USA or some other huge nation. Who or what would be doing this? Its hardly going to be a group of oligarchs hell bent on taking over the island so that they can plunder our natural recourses for their own profit.

Could it not just be as simple as, either the members mentioned are not as thick as some people assume and can write their own questions, or they have partners or friends that like to help them out and take an interest in local politics?

The way people talk about, especially PK, makes you think he has a setup behind him that rivals MI5/6 in the UK or SPECTRE in Pinewood Films ---

Oh hold on, are we not about to go into business with them? I take it all back, PK and others might well have secret organisations writing their questions, the facts are there for all to see.ph34r.png It all makes sense now.............................

Blade Runner - I wasn't suggesting there was anything wrong with it - quite the opposite. After all Madame President is hardly likely to allow for questions to be shouted out from the Public Gallery or read out a selection of the best comments from Manx Forums over the past month. Let's face it she gets fairly shirty when even the elected members start to get curious about the status quo.

So if someone wants a question asked publicly of the powers that be, then they have no option but to get an MHK to do so. It always struck me as rather revealing how indignant Bell and others tended to get if they think this has happened - as if Tynwald was supposed to be some sort of reverse exam where the examinees were allowed any help they could get (in this case the civil servants writing the answers for the minister and being on hand to assist if they got stuck), while the examiners were to get no help in asking the questions at all.

It's also revealing, as you point out, that any such outside help was denounced as coming from shadowy outsiders with hidden agendas. You wonder where Bell and co could they have got the idea from that Manx politicians could only operate if manipulated by such dark forces.

• Like 1

David Quirk MHK might be a good guy for Onchan but he is a shit, shit national politician.

Slightly off topic I know, but I'm sure you don't offer this sentiment in the belief that this makes Quirk unique....??

Cannell

Henderson

Houghton

Cregeen

etc

etc

David Quirk MHK might be a good guy for Onchan but he is a shit, shit national politician.

Slightly off topic I know, but I'm sure you don't offer this sentiment in the belief that this makes Quirk unique....??

Cannell

Henderson

Houghton

Cregeen

etc

etc

Good point, well made.

Simple truth - Onchan should be a bastion of Manx football.

Huge catchment, no other clubs in district - shite facilities - FACT to coin a famous Spanish manager.

Well played Quirky lad ...

Simple truth - Onchan AFC Juniors needed a new pitch. One of the local MHKs who's been involved with the club for a long time did his best to apply whatever influence he had to help them. Nothing whatsoever wrong with that. The question ought to be, what support was being given to the project to the other local MHKs?

Or perhaps one of these three will be able to sort it out?rolleyes.gifhttp://www.manxradio...d.aspx?id=60120

Love the ...

"Quirk is shit"

"Corkish is shit"

"They're all shit"

... brigade.

Grow some balls and stand you ****ing spineless halfwits.

Next time!

...maybe

Edited by Albert Tatlock

AT - you said that last time as well!

I assisted some others last time.

I have some things I want to finish/achieve over the next 3 or 4 years. Major positive changes are happening in my life at the moment.

Plus there's a 4 year wait for a frontal labotomy at Nobles!

I agree though. It's all very well moaning on here - but some of us on here, and some not on here, should give it a go. We are all being badly let down.

Albert - What constituency do you reside in? Or should I say - Where would you stand, if you did?

Thanks.

AT - you said that last time as well!

I assisted some others last time.

I have some things I want to finish/achieve over the next 3 or 4 years. Major positive changes are happening in my life at the moment.

Plus there's a 4 year wait for a frontal labotomy at Nobles!

I agree though. It's all very well moaning on here - but some of us on here, and some not on here, should give it a go. We are all being badly let down.