Mountain Watch

Mission

10 hours ago, piebaps said:

Indeed. But the facts remains that you aren't a rozzer any more so stop using their jargon. Just google SIO and see what you find. A non-facebook layperson wouldn't have a scooby. Sure as an expert on internet communication you would know this.

7 hours ago, Gladys said:

I know because I watch TV!

I also LSL 

(like saving letters)

• Like 1

Mountain Rd closed until further notice due to snowfall. Crashed car blocking Whitebridge Hill in Onchan but expected to be cleared shortly.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

A couple.of observations from a trip over last night.

The driver of MAN 91 (a Nissan XTrail) is a whopper and an accident waiting to happen.

It looks like the "speed it up to Windy Corner, turn round and race back" people are about again.

34 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

A couple.of observations from a trip over last night.

The driver of MAN 91 (a Nissan XTrail) is a whopper and an accident waiting to happen.

It looks like the "speed it up to Windy Corner, turn round and race back" people are about again.

I travel this route regularly and the driving up there recently has been hideous. I was overtaken couple weeks back by a van, there was an oncoming vehicle and I was going at 45 or thereabouts (slow but driving to conditions). I wouldn’t care if they went off the side but do not endanger others.  

• 2 months later...

Yes, 33rd Milestone, I've just been diverted off at the Creg, 2nd time in a couple of weeks now. No injuries apparently but Police now advising of 3hr road closure.

Posted (edited)

Bloody hell ! How far is that from the road ? I'll bet even Flinty hasn't seen one go that far. That must have been some speed to get all the way down there through peat bog and heather. This doesn't look good.

Edited by Shake me up Judy

5 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Bloody hell ! How far is that from the road ? I'll bet even Flinty hasn't seen one go that far. That must have been some speed to get all the way down there through peat bog and heather.

Could have been the result of a medical issue - heart attack etc. Happened round here recently.