Mhk`s Free Party

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

he's just a plumber masquerading as a tosspot.

Take anything David Quirk says with a pinch of salt,he's just an Onchan Commissioner masquerading as an MHK .

Hmmm. Tea-bagging....

Posted Images

If you look back historically, there has been a post tynwald banquet since Viking times. http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=OUAjS96SVgoC&pg=PA124&lpg=PA124&dq=tynwald+day+banquet&source=bl&ots=PqyuDtujkY&sig=9QiJYXRIVS3nWdwv9OqM7cylleU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ldrqT7rROsm08QPnme3nBQ&ved=0CFIQ6AEwBDgU#v=onepage&q=tynwald day banquet&f=false

This is from a few years back http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/u_turn_over_mount_murray_tynwald_banquet_1_1792657

I'm not sure EORH that you will get the best menu going. The Villa has no catering facilities so whatever is being eaten it will have to be "outside catered". Function food is not always brilliant at the best of times, let alone when its cooked elsewhere and brought in. Still won't be cheap mind!

They do have two quite modern well equipped shiny stainless steel kitchens in there and a list of preferred caterers who come in and use the kitchens..(with a degree of prep but still heavily use the kitchens) I was the night-watchman there most nights from about November 2006 to April 2008...Had many a free feed and was allowed to carry home unused bottles!..Weddings were the best...And parties thrown by the Finance Sector...I did security at one Tynwald Banquet and apart from the usual people they invited many Commoners....It was the Navy's turn that year and it seemed to me that some of the guests were attractive local young ladies recruited from Government Office etc and Finance Sector to make up the numbers and sort of "hostess" guests...A few girls and sailors came up to me to borrow pen and paper and exchange their contact details...I was not allowed to loot the remains of the Tynwald Banquet...Now Scottish Provident (to which Police and Paramedics were called)...well, I carried home bottles like a pack mule!...I thought Tynwald Banquet rather low-key, respectable and sober...(Ugandan discussions excluded!)

I heard that there were no alcoholic beverages to be served at the garden party.

Am I misinformed?

Tea and cakies only, with lots of refined backbiting talk.

A most enjoyable afternoon!

Well, looks like I cannot go after all :( I've been trying to email to say "Hey boy, thanks and see ya there" but their e-mail is totes borked & I cannot even reply to their postmaster because the link on the returned mail from the tynwald email is duffus too. Ahhh well, I was looking forward to going too but now I can't go because I can't even say, thanks and yes. I am actually really very crying upset. P'eeeeeed right off.

He is upset that not enough people are attending Tynwald Hill to celebrate the occasion, it's a pity the volume of people who are not satisfied with the way government is working, could attend and show these lot of trough participants that we want to get rid of them, the same as the Egyptian people have done.

How about a demo outside of the Villa at the Tynwald Banquet, so that's two opportunities which never happen, as we slip back into the sleep for the summer and await the return of this lot in October, to dream up more penny pinching ideas to fleece the public with.

David quirk on the mannin line today just about sums up the attitude of the manx politics people,

What a fucking dick, it really infuriates me with ther attitude. 'oh its not that much really'

Ok, so they have guests invited over, what benefit is that going to make to the island apart from those on a jolly and probably a invite to a uk jolly at more expenses.

Take anything David Quirk says with a pinch of salt,he's just an Onchan Commissioner masquerading as an MHK .

biggest clown of the fucking lot,and a useless plumber to boot.

I heard that there were no alcoholic beverages to be served at the garden party.

Am I misinformed?

Strange, that. I was told the CM was quite partial to a six-pack.

Now that is wicked! laugh.png

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Where did they hold the Banquet this year?,never heard anything about it, was it the Villa again, and if anybody attended it could they tell us how lavish it was, and how many empty champagne bottles were lying about afterwards, would a freedom of info act tell us how much it cost.

I'll bet they were not worrying about the latest tax scams they intend to put on the poor, and not themselves or their rich mates like income tax rises.

• Like 1

Where did they hold the Banquet this year?,never heard anything about it, was it the Villa again, and if anybody attended it could they tell us how lavish it was, and how many empty champagne bottles were lying about afterwards, would a freedom of info act tell us how much it cost.

I'll bet they were not worrying about the latest tax scams they intend to put on the poor, and not themselves or their rich mates like income tax rises.

whatever.gif