Mytv.im

Dhoon Boy

Certainly more professional and polished than MTTV and being vimeo you can embed elsewhere

wouldn't a merger be a better use of resources?

I still prefer the idea of an audio podcast, which would be a much better use of resource for either.

But an audio podcast hardly qualifies as TV, does it?

And I think the whole point of this is that it has pictures as well as words.

I am not really criticising it am I? As a video on demand i said it was polished and professional. An audio podcast would however for me be a better use of resources.

MR has a 'Listen Again' button.

Most radio stations have a 'play audio clip' link in their news stories.

I'm sure you will find them eminently satisfactory sources of audio news. And apart from a silly name, as perfectly acceptable a use of resources as a podcast, if not more so...

I'm sure you will find them eminently satisfactory sources of audio news. And apart from a silly name, as perfectly acceptable a use of resources as a podcast, if not more so...

In Manx Radio's case it's not really true. The 'Listen Again' is a bit unhelpful - you have to know when in the schedule what you want was and the audio clip are just that - a short soundbite, no matter how complex the subject is. Manx Radio don't seem to have done much to improve their online presence for a long time. Which is idiotic when you consider that is where more and more people get their news nowadays.

• Like 1

In Manx Radio's case it's not really true. The 'Listen Again' is a bit unhelpful - you have to know when in the schedule what you want was and the audio clip are just that - a short soundbite, no matter how complex the subject is. Manx Radio don't seem to have done much to improve their online presence for a long time. Which is idiotic when you consider that is where more and more people get their news nowadays.

I thought TT365 was an improvement on their previous on-line presence.

Just sayin, an'that....

I thought TT365 was an improvement on their previous on-line presence.

Just sayin, an'that....

Well given that it's an internet radio station, you would hope so.

But they did nothing about their non-bike online presence - except make their online editor redundant if I remember correctly. Still this new-fangled internet thing will never catch on.

Actually one of the disappointments on the Internal Audit Report is their lack of consideration of MR's internet presence - but that's for another thread.

• Like 1

And how am I supposed to know what the clip is about, on manxradio.com it is titled 'listen again' for a reason, you would have to listen to the show in the first place to know what it is about because MR don't bother adding the date of the program nor a description, also why only list the most recent programme why can't people refer back to a couple of weeks ago?

A real shame because it could be much better if only a bit of thought had been given, frankly if MR are so half-arsed about how they manage digital output then why should anyone bother.

• Like 1

so how is this being funded then? surely not by advertising alone? are we the taxpayers paying for this service? is the Government backing it financially? sorry if these answers are available elsewhere but I've not seen them and would just like to know

is the Government backing it financially?

I'm presuming this is privately funded by 3FM. It's not 100% clear but there's a hint of funding from government later. Whether this is a separate service I don't know.

"He says a proposal for an online TV news service is separate to a planned community programming TV channel which could cost the Manx government almost £250,000 a year."

http://www.isleofman...x?article=44401

It is possible that they are running it at a loss under the assumption that in time the government will agree the funding, though I doubt that it is costing them the equivalent of £5000 a week at the moment.

I had heard that it was originally to be a nightly bulletin but it now appears to be a weekly magazine format, if so the costs have already reduced.

Let's be honest, the Manx Radio website is crap and ergo, a shameful public embarrassment

Quite why govt trains people at college in computing, web design, multi-media, etc, etc - and doesn't push for a more expansive national broadcaster is beyond me

Edited by Donald Trumps