Iom Highest Use Of Cocaine

Stavros

What seems to have happened is that a school survey of 15 and 16 year olds was taken back in 2007 (via something called The European School Project on alcohol and other drugs) and UNDOC has taken the figures relating to a small number of teenagers (who of course always tell the truth about what they get up to) and extended them to the entire population.

That's even more laughable than I had imagined. No one at the UNODC thought "that's a bit rubbish actually, we best just say we have no data"? I wonder if one of our concerned MHK's will mention the headline in Tynwald, demanding something should be done.

Unfortunately, I fear that the war on drugs is lost. If Zammo from Grange Hill couldn't push back the tide, then no one can.

• Like 1

Another great win for Tony Brown's drug and alcohol strategy. Knob head!

What's it got to do with Tony Brown? the drug strategy started in 1999, the alcohol strategy in 2000 and ther 'joint' strategy updated in 2005. Brown became chief minister at the end of 2006 - so what has it got to do with him, or are you just as stupid as you often sound?

You been on the old Colombian marching powder and feeling a little bit super confident today? Thank you for the update and the insult. Your sounding angrier and stupider by the week too - your outbursts in the "Bottomless" thread stand out particularly well in underlining your reputation as a fatuous pompous prick.

Edited by thesultanofsheight

You been on the old Colombian marching powder and feeling a little bit super confident today? Thank you for the update and the insult. Your sounding angrier and stupider by the week too - your outbursts in the "Bottomless" thread stand out particularly well in underlining your reputation as a fatuous pompous prick.

Is that your way of saying you got it wrong?

Another great win for Tony Brown's drug and alcohol strategy. Knob head!

What's it got to do with Tony Brown? the drug strategy started in 1999, the alcohol strategy in 2000 and ther 'joint' strategy updated in 2005. Brown became chief minister at the end of 2006 - so what has it got to do with him, or are you just as stupid as you often sound?

Wasn't it promoted as the Chief Minister's Drug and Alcohol Strategy?

Yes it was, and we've had five of those, including the one who actually was chief minister when the separate strategies were announced, and who was back in the hot seat when they were brought together into a unified strategy. And it wasn't Tony Brown despite what talksuttersheight said.

"3.5% of people aged between 15 and 64". Roughly guesstimating the total population of 15 to 64 year olds as 50.000, that would mean 1750 coke heads? Would have thought it's more?

So that must mean that there is around 50kilos of the stuff coming in every week?

"3.5% of people aged between 15 and 64". Roughly guesstimating the total population of 15 to 64 year olds as 50.000, that would mean 1750 coke heads? Would have thought it's more?

So that must mean that there is around 50kilos of the stuff coming in every week?

80,000 alcoholics clinging to an imaginary rock?

W00t? I don't know. I don't do coke. No idea how much of the stuff the average cokehead would consume a week.

W00t? I don't know. I don't do coke. No idea how much of the stuff the average cokehead would consume a week.

About 3.5 grams a day, so 1750 * 7 * 3.5 = 42 kilos, so good guess.

Nor do I but Max's figures suggest that each of the 1750 is using 30g a week.This seemed high to me so I looked on Google.

Apparently an "eight ball" is 3.5g of marching powder and from the comments seems enough to do whatever people use it for so his figures are quite believable.

If you did an "eight ball" every day and a bit more at the weekend 30g would be about right.

Shit 50Kg a week getting in here, must be some people with sore asses coming off the boat. pinch.gif

eta GD4ELI beat me to it!

Seriously ? 3.5g per person per day would be a quite a bit of a habit. If someone is doing 3.5g per day you are going to notice. Sooner or later their boss is going to want to talk to them. 1g between a few friends occasionally would be fairly typical. If they like that sort of thing.

I don't - but surely we've all been around it. I had a boss who was into it. The ignorance here is weird.

ETA: I have no idea how much the stuff costs these days. In the early 90s it was about £60 per gram in London. So 3.5 g per day would have been appx £1500 per week. You need a decent salary for that.

Seriously ? 3.5g per person per day would be a quite a bit of a habit. If someone is doing 3.5g per day you are going to notice. Sooner or later their boss is going to want to talk to them. 1g between a few friends occasionally would be fairly typical. If they like that sort of thing.

I don't - but surely we've all been around it. I had a boss who was into it. The ignorance here is weird.

ETA: I have no idea how much the stuff costs these days. In the early 90s it was about £60 per gram in London. So 3.5 g per day would have been appx £1500 per week. You need a decent salary for that.

So people on this forum actually beleive that there are nearly 2000 people doing £1500 a week on coke on the island

don't be fucking soft, even by Daily Mail standards that's utter shite

• Like 4