Whats On The Prom,jubilee Lock End.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As it's sanctioned by DDP and Douglas Corp ( with the organisers, not the corpy or DDP, bearing all the costs ) one would assume that the required permits to trade are in order.   Why do some people

In the Market Hall would be a good venue for Christmas. The popularity of the preserved foods,such as Salamis,cheeses,etc.does suggest that a good delicatessen would do well in Douglas.

It's a 'European' food and craft market, you know, stalls from the continent that have been brought over. I get plenty of manx produce from all the manx food markets during the year, but it's nice to

We spotted it today and thought we'd have a peek. The only problem being, there wasn't a parking place to be had, so we didn't bother.

But that's Douglas for you. ;-)

You could always have chanced it. You can often get up to 8 milliseconds before one of Douglas' 3000 highly motivated nazi parking controllers will sting you for £40.

So - this event is actually on Loch Promenade, then? Not on Queen's Promenade, as reported on MR News, Mandate and Webpage?

Outrageous, heads must roll for that mistake. Imagine going down to Queens Prom and not finding the market, you might see some sort of market further round the bay on Loch Prom but it would obviously never enter anyone's head to try looking there. thumbsup.gif

Thanks Mojo, but I didn't actually say that I couldn't find it. I was merely pointing-out yet another instance of sloppy journalism from the MR newshounds.

went for a stroll along there this afternoon, couldn't get near any of the stalls to see what they had and didn't have time to stand in a queue for hours to get closer !

thought they could have held it in the 'town square' :lol:

I now have a fridge full of chorizo, salami and all that other stuff for a tenner. Can we share some recipes please?

Mine:

Fry some chorizo slices, add chopped chicken breast. Add chopped chillies and peppers. Add to cooked pasta, put grated cheese on top. Melt cheese in oven. Eat. Bloat. Count cholesterol.

Anyone else?

I got the same £10 deal plus some extras from another stall. smile.png

Homemade Pizza for me. I use Jaimie Olivers recipe for the base, just change the topping to what you want including that yummy chorizo and salami!

http://hotcooking.co.../homemade-pizza

EDIT: oh and you can freeze the pizza dough in portions if you make too much.

• Like 1

I never got there in the end and very disappointed about that especially as while having coffee with the mother of a Steam-packet employee she told me its unlikely that they will come back as they had booked on as normal passengers to come over but someone had been sent (from SP) to take all the number plates of the vans and they would be charged as freight to get back ... How true this is as one would imagine once the tickets were purchased they would be valid ... But I really hope they do come back !!!

Just been down there - lots of peeps around despite the rain. Really hope it comes back/expands for Xmas.

I'd like to see i back for Christmas, but think it would have to be located somewhere else as it would clash with the Christmas parking on the promenade walkway.

I'd like to see i back for Christmas, but think it would have to be located somewhere else as it would clash with the Christmas parking on the promenade walkway.

There's probably room on the Quay, or maybe an inside venue if there is one available.