Funding Pulled For Filming Of End-2-End

WTF ??? Shorter events for SingleSpeeders?? You gearist... S/S events in the UK and Europe tend to be as difficult as wussy multi geared XC events just with a bit more drinking. And more fun..

My bad, I did mean something like this and yes with the drinking smile.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's the 30 odd years you still have left to go that worry many of us more .

There's the Mannin Short Film lot, why not approach them and see if they could do some sort of filming. They could then edit it to DVD and sell it. Good experience for them, tourist boost to the Islan

Beth's approach is needed on Talking Heads, at present TH is a very lazy production.

Posted Images

For supplying such a good example of world class s/s riding you are forgiven :)

I did SSUK in 09, SSEC in 10 and was planing on doing SSWC last year but I couldn't get away to it.

Edited by =^..^=

A quick look at the End to End website shows that they say with "support from Isle of Man Tourism and Leisure, we are able to offer one of the best value entry packages for a UK Enduro" so there must be some backing if only in terms of guarantees and use of the Villa. However the event is organised by the Manx Mountain Bike Club and I wonder if what we are seeing here a fit of sulks because someone has organised a highly successful event without the need of highly paid civil servants telling people what to do.

Or perhaps a local TV company tried to milk the government cash cow a bit too hard?

Or perhaps Dangerboy people on here have no idea of the costs associated with TV production.

So as an expert, what would you estimate the cost of TV production for the End to End?

It would be interesting to compare the viewing figures from Sky with the number of people who visited the Island after watching the show.

I doubt you could get an advert on T.V. for £8000 and I have not been impressed with the last lot the Tourist Board, or whatever they call themselves, put on, so if you can get coverage of an end to end Island race for this amount I think it is very short sighted to cancel this grant, however this is the man who believes the price of travel has nothing to do with a shortage of visitors and that really says it all.

Is there a clip anywhere of Beth

A photo, I think interviewing one of the Tynwald petitioners this year (but not the singer Corkish, I'm afraid Last Ten)

post-4192-0-41616900-1345205249_thumb.jpg

Edited by Theodolite

WTF ??? Shorter events for SingleSpeeders?? You gearist... S/S events in the UK and Europe tend to be as difficult as wussy multi geared XC events just with a bit more drinking. And more fun..

[media=]

[/media]

I know a guy who rents out go pro's and I may be able to get a few at a small cost, (I also have 2 myself, so would happily lend them out to any one taking part who fancies taking some footage)

He also videos wedding as a side liner, but may be free to do some footage as well, would be worth filming and selling some DVDs at a low cost.

Slinky do you not have access to any camera's, as Bees said I could also ask Will Sutton to do some production work as his video making skills are pretty damn good.