Airport Passenger Numbers Drop Again - And Again - And Again - And Again - And Again!

But it's NOT her fault!!.

Remember, they told us we are in a much more fortunate position than the other airports

In that there appears to be a bottomless pit of Government money when it comes to the Airport

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fact she is still in a job highlights, in a nutshell, everything that is wrong with this rock. Not even qualified for the job in the first place, makes a mess of it, gets a promotion and lives the

I keep air travel to a minimum (although my last flight c/o Easyjet was a much better experience than any with Flybe). THE SECURITY AT RONALDSWAY IS AN ABSOLUTE NONSENSE AND I STRONGLY OBJECT TO BEIN

We're clearly all panicking over nothing IMO.   The Directress long ago assured us and our Leaders who appointed her that next year there'll be 1,500,000 passengers a year passing through the hallow

Posted Images

Relax everyone - if you look at the winter timetables rather than the loaded flights there still three weekday flights ex IOM 0730, 1300, 1745 and ex LCY 0915, 1450, 1930. All that seems to have happens is they have loaded the lunchtime flights with cheap (for BA) lead-in prices first

BA would be mad to drop the London route before they saw the effect of the ending of Flybe's LGW route next year. (I know airlines aren't famous for their sanity but still).

Not surprised it was only a third full. Last couple of times I've looked at booking, it was more expensive that Flybe and a lot less convenient in terms of onward connections.

Great if coming in from the continent though - one ticket etc.

Not many destinations and very expensive

Or BA code share with Flybe via LGW or Air France via BHX or Man

Have you seen the times for the new LCY route? . Great for business!!

Anyone fancy setting up an emigration agency.

The Government don't appear to know it, but they already are running one.

I wouldn't be so sure - they did say use it or lose it, and I think we might end up losing it

I never have, not convenient and too dear, just booking for a September trip now for two. £117 on Ezy, £131 on Flybe and £323 on BA. Not even close.

The same every time I have looked. I think at the prices they charge and reckon we'll lose the slot and be left with no day return to London at all. A sorry state of affairs.

Who cares, its been well established now that this Island and the airport are run for the benefit of the IOM government and civil service, until the money really does run out they really don't care about what is needed by the business users who actually create most of the tax receipts the Island receives.

I've been speaking to a lot of people recently who no longer see much benefit in basing their businesses from here anymore.

Who cares, its been well established now that this Island and the airport are run for the benefit of the IOM government and civil service, until the money really does run out they really don't care about what is needed by the business users who actually create most of the tax receipts the Island receives.

I've been speaking to a lot of people recently who no longer see much benefit in basing their businesses from here anymore.

I'd say they're already voting with their feet. I've been on a few Gatwick "red-eyes" recently where there couldn't have been more than 30 people on the flight. No way did those flights pay for themselves; not long ago they used to be packed with business types off to Head Office in London or wherever. Edited by Non-Believer

I'd say they're already voting with their feet. I've been on a few Gatwick "red-eyes" recently where there couldn't have been more than 30 people on the flight. No way did those flights pay for themselves; not long ago they used to be packed with business types off to Head Office in London or wherever.

I'm planning on moving my business back to the UK because I can't plan and take on more work if I cannot get to London for a day return at a few days notice. As 100% of the company's income comes from off island it's going to be a double whammy for the IoM economy. Short-sighted politicians who cannot see past the end of their snout in the trough will be the downfall of this once lovely place to live.

I'd say they're already voting with their feet. I've been on a few Gatwick "red-eyes" recently where there couldn't have been more than 30 people on the flight. No way did those flights pay for themselves; not long ago they used to be packed with business types off to Head Office in London or wherever.

I'm planning on moving my business back to the UK because I can't plan and take on more work if I cannot get to London for a day return at a few days notice. As 100% of the company's income comes from off island it's going to be a double whammy for the IoM economy. Short-sighted politicians who cannot see past the end of their snout in the trough will be the downfall of this once lovely place to live.

Thats a common story. In many respects this place has had it - its dying under a thick crust of red tape, incompetence, and a failure from government to step up to the plate and deal with its own issues.

• Like 1

It's the final hearing of the Open Skies Review Committee tomorrow. Surely it's a case of shutting the barn door as the horse has now well and truly bolted.

Would the Isle of Man benefit from following the lead set by their counterparts in Guernsey to protect their lifeline air routes?.

I believe it would.

It would. They were told ages ago this would happen, but are just putting on a show of putting on the committee to make it look like they are doing something. In the end nothing will happen though.

It's the final hearing of the Open Skies Review Committee tomorrow. Surely it's a case of shutting the barn door as the horse has now well and truly bolted.

Would the Isle of Man benefit from following the lead set by their counterparts in Guernsey to protect their lifeline air routes?.

I believe it would.

To do that it would need the cash to do it. To get that cash it would need to slash spending somewhere to free it up. That would mean some people may have to get off the gravy train. The train is set on full throttle till it hits the buffers. Go figure. Edited by Lxxx
  • Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-23058917

E
asyJet will do a double daily flight from Gatwick to Inverness when FlyBe pull off. The plan the airport here has is that EasyJet will happily do the same here, but we shall see.

The £40,000 raised from the increased parking charge will go a long way towards persuading them :P

Edited by Tarne

I believe it would.

I read somewhere that they lose £300,000 a year on Aurigny. In context thats only a bit extra on parking in Cretney's brain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-23058917

EasyJet will do a double daily flight from Gatwick to Inverness when FlyBe pull off. The plan the airport here has is that EasyJet will happily do the same here, but we shall see.

The £40,000 raised from the increased parking charge will go a long way towards persuading them tongue.png

Its not clear what the service will be other than there will be an early departure to and a late departure from LGW. So the aircraft may just leave in the morning and not come back till last thing at night with the crew night stopping.

I am sure the "Great One" will have to throw some of our money at them to do something similar. But remember its not her fault!!!.

Notice that EZY are down to 9x weekly to LPL for July/August, yet they have a commitment with the airport to do 10 according to Ms Reynolds in Hansard at the Open Skies hearing of 15th March 2013 ( line 810 onwards)