Airport Passenger Numbers Drop Again - And Again - And Again - And Again - And Again!

how about offering tickets that the average person can afford. I would fly more frequently if the ticket prices were more realistic. I have cancelled trips away after seeing some of the quotes on flybes site. its no wonder the planes are half empty

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fact she is still in a job highlights, in a nutshell, everything that is wrong with this rock. Not even qualified for the job in the first place, makes a mess of it, gets a promotion and lives the

I keep air travel to a minimum (although my last flight c/o Easyjet was a much better experience than any with Flybe). THE SECURITY AT RONALDSWAY IS AN ABSOLUTE NONSENSE AND I STRONGLY OBJECT TO BEIN

We're clearly all panicking over nothing IMO.   The Directress long ago assured us and our Leaders who appointed her that next year there'll be 1,500,000 passengers a year passing through the hallow

Posted Images

how about offering tickets that the average person can afford. I would fly more frequently if the ticket prices were more realistic. I have cancelled trips away after seeing some of the quotes on flybes site. its no wonder the planes are half empty

Fly with Easyjet then.

You need to look harder! The main three EasyJet, Citywing, FlyBe are all under £40/50 for a one way ticket to anywhere booked at least two weeks in advance. That's cheap.

And if you look at the figures, even EasyJet barely get above half full, even at their cheap levels. The age of low cost is coming to an end on the island I think

Edited by Tarne

We must remember that using Manx Airlines during the 1980's the cheapest return tickets to Heathrow were ITX tickets which should have been combined with a hotel stay or car hire and those were around the £170 mark with other tickets running anywhere from

£225 to £400 . People realised that was the price and paid it. Now everyone expects cut price tickets and suddenly we find airlines are pulling out because they are losing money. We live on a small Island and to sustain our air links we have to expect to

pay higher prices than on the more mainstream routes such as London to Paris. It is a great shame that our Govt were not brave enough to take over Manx Airlines - i am sure they had the opportunity and the increase in value of its slots would have easily offset any

trading losses but as I believe it was profitable when sold that probably would not have been an issue.even recently could the govt not have

Purchased at least two pairs of slots from flybe far better use of funds than throwing it at the Sefton. Could then have brought back

Terry Liddiard to lease whatever aircraft was needed and charge us a commercial fare sufficient to make it break even

If we get stuck with only London access being via the nightmare of Luton or the even more inconvenient Stan stead we will not be seeing any new business heading our way and an awful lot leaving. For people going on holiday it is going to mean the extra expense of overnight stops in London because we will be unable to make same day connections. I hope

our minister and Airport director have their begging bowls out and are in deep negotiation with British Airways

and Easyjet. It has been very quiet since the BA pull out was announced..............

Edited by veuve

I hope our minister and Airport director have their begging bowls out and are in deep negotiation with British Airways

and Easyjet. It has been very quiet since the BA pull out was announced..............

Going by past performance, I'm not holding my breath.

One thing for sure, if as a poster above states Easy are flying half full then that does not fit with their business model which is designed for around 85% load factors !

The bottom line is we have an unsuitable airport (in terms of size and ongoing costs) which at current passenger levels is served by aircraft which for these passenger levels are uneconomic to operate. Certainly whilst trying to cut each others throats price wise.

Edited by asitis

Oh joy!

www.iomtoday.co.im

The island’s air links are to be cut back again.
Today’s Isle of Man Examiner reveals that British Airways is to reduce its service to London City Aiport.

To be fair............................ Recently booked return to LPL for 2 with Easy. Less than a month's notice for a long weekend trip. Total cost paid £101. So £25.25 per person per sector. No bags admittedly. Manx Airlines were charging £26 each way on a Farecracker in 1988/9 before the days of air passenger duty. OK there is a price war on and it probably won't last but I do think to pay less in cash terms than a quarter of a century ago is remarkable.

Since we have returned to discussing fares, I'm requoting this from a few pages back. I was flabbergasted by this deal and I think in all honesty that many of the fares are quite reasonable. The problem is that so many people are really feeling the pinch and optional travel is being binned. It's a vicious circle.

To be fair............................ Recently booked return to LPL for 2 with Easy. Less than a month's notice for a long weekend trip. Total cost paid £101. So £25.25 per person per sector. No bags admittedly. Manx Airlines were charging £26 each way on a Farecracker in 1988/9 before the days of air passenger duty. OK there is a price war on and it probably won't last but I do think to pay less in cash terms than a quarter of a century ago is remarkable.

Since we have returned to discussing fares, I'm requoting this from a few pages back. I was flabbergasted by this deal and I think in all honesty that many of the fares are quite reasonable. The problem is that so many people are really feeling the pinch and optional travel is being binned. It's a vicious circle.

Was on the Easyjet Sunday afternoon flight back from Gatwick yesterday and there wasn't a spare seat on the plane so it seems the Manx public like their cheap weekends away in the big smoke. Can't grumble really at the (current) prices.

Edited by Lxxx

Was on the Easyjet Sunday afternoon flight back from Gatwick yesterday and there wasn't a spare seat on the plane so it seems the Manx public like their cheap weekends away in the big smoke. Can't grumble really at the (current) prices.

EZY seem to do alright at the weekend but seem to be nowhere near full in the week, if they were do you think they would be cutting back their services to LPL this summer?.

I think Robbie Williams might have had something to do with LGw being busy over the weekend, not Ms Reynolds and her grand plan.

From MR: Major savings needed at Ronaldsway

Why are they negotiating with baggage handlers, when the service needs to be privatised?

Because they do not have the cojones to go the full hog and get people in who can run it a lot more efficiently for half the cost.

Even more worrying is the fact that it's taken them this long to do it. Fook me, it's a common-sense, obvious (only?) option that's been being discussed on these boards for at least two years.

If they'e only just getting round to it now, it just shows how far behind the curve IoMG really are in dealing with the economic CRISIS.