Airport Passenger Numbers Drop Again - And Again - And Again - And Again - And Again!

Tristan da Cunha manages quite well without an airport. So forestboy, I think you are the one spouting a load of crap.

So you are comparing the IOM with Tristan Da Cunha now? Do you actually intend to post anything intelligent or relevant on here at any point in the near future?

There's no point in asking....

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fact she is still in a job highlights, in a nutshell, everything that is wrong with this rock. Not even qualified for the job in the first place, makes a mess of it, gets a promotion and lives the

I keep air travel to a minimum (although my last flight c/o Easyjet was a much better experience than any with Flybe). THE SECURITY AT RONALDSWAY IS AN ABSOLUTE NONSENSE AND I STRONGLY OBJECT TO BEIN

We're clearly all panicking over nothing IMO.   The Directress long ago assured us and our Leaders who appointed her that next year there'll be 1,500,000 passengers a year passing through the hallow

Posted Images

Tristan da Cunha manages quite well without an airport. So forestboy, I think you are the one spouting a load of crap.

So you are comparing the IOM with Tristan Da Cunha now? Do you actually intend to post anything intelligent or relevant on here at any point in the near future?

There's no point in asking....

We know. Explaining exactly why the IOM (population 85,000) could survive without an airport because Tristan Da Cunha (population 297) doesn't need one might be interesting though. It is also rather noticeable that whenever serious things start getting debated here a whole host of tittish sock puppets seem to emerge to cause chaos in most threads on these forums.

• Like 2

Thank you for demonstrating with antiseptic clarity the meaning of "rhetorical question".

OK Wankleaks, so you think I'm a sock puppet.

Why not come down off the fence, and say whose sock puppet you think I am.

Whatever you are, you're one annoying pointless troll.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just pondering when someone will actually announce that the radar is basically useless, it is out of service now until the 31st January, presumably some major effort to fix it. It seems they figure if we keep it quiet then all is ok and no one need know that someone has wasted 3.5 million pounds. I wonder how the tender stacked up against others ? ............

Just pondering when someone will actually announce that the radar is basically useless, it is out of service now until the 31st January, presumably some major effort to fix it. It seems they figure if we keep it quiet then all is ok and no one need know that someone has wasted 3.5 million pounds. I wonder how the tender stacked up against others ? ............

Only £3.5m?

Only £3.5m?

You beat me to it. I seem to recall a number much bigger than that for the new radar.

Only £3.5m?

You beat me to it. I seem to recall a number much bigger than that for the new radar.

Maybe I am being too kind it is bad enough at 3.5 million who knows.......... all I do know is that it is xxxxxxx useless !! I can hear it now " lessons have been learned, we are where we are,company gone into liquidation etc etc "

Edited by asitis
  • Like 1

There should be a public enquiry into who did what in this fiasco and any person(s) who fell far short of expected commercial competence should be prepared to resign.

• Like 2

There should be a public enquiry into who did what in this fiasco and any person(s) who fell far short of expected commercial competence should be prepared to resign.

If half of the rumours I hear in airline circles are true then the PAC should explore what has gone wrong and why ? All this continuing ongoing maintenance is probably costing the island, certainly in respect of third party resources such as Manx Telecom and also in keeping the old system running which is the backbone of the radar coverage so it seems. Amazing how little of this has been made public knowledge whilst they continue to haemorrhage public money in spades ! Cost savings have to start with honesty and openness something which is very badly lacking at our airport !

• Like 2

Honesty and openess???

Well that is a great ideal but might lead to very difficult questions regarding the gov's requirement to close front line services due to lack of money when this sort of thing is alleged to be going on. I think as time evolves and more cuts are made, then the public need to know about such issues will be clearer. However it might just show how poor some managers are at our expense and I won't be holding my breath for an improvement.

• Like 5

Is it the old radar or the new radar which is out of service?

NEW one, the old, 'we won't be allowed to operate if we don't upgrade now' radar is still the main work horse many years later! and we still operate!?? who'd have thought it? maybe a useless airport director??

• Like 3