Parliament Street In Ramsey Is Starting To Look Great But

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe if Wilfie kept his own " house/ yard " in check and tidier then he would have been taken more seriously regarding the "free" car park overhaul ! Nothing is for free these days....don't you be

Fattest brown envelope wins every time

I think Wilfie takes a perverse pleasure in ruining the view from the adjacent apartments and the Town Hall!! Wish he'd do something about the house though - it's got a reasonably sized garden and co

Posted Images

It really is but has anyone else noticed how the road is slopping inwards?

I can only assume it's by design and that it's part of the plan for drainage - looks like it is intended to keep the parking side clear of water so you don't step into a 3 inch deep puddle when you park there.

Are you going to be able to park on the new paving? I thought it was going to be a pedestrian area, if cars park there the oil on those smooth radioactive granite blocks will be fun to walk on..........................................................................

It isn't going to be pedestrianised (I really wish people would stop saying that). That may very well be the long-term aim of those in charge but it most certainly isn't on the agenda right now and I and many others will vigorously oppose it if and when it does get proposed.

I don't really understand where the water is supposed to go if it is being encouraged to drain off into the middle of the road as there are no drains there and it looks like there will be 'ramps' at both ends. It could make a nice water feature alongside the gardens I guess. :)

I'm glad they're spending money us Ramseyites (rather than just talking and putting off our god awful pier). But yes, when it rains it's going to form a nice little swimming pool :P

Not just me then. The time and workmenship going into this is fantastic and i hate to be complaining about it when Ramsey is so overdue a face lift, but it just seems like there will be trouble with what will be a river at a later date.

I would hate to see Parliament st pedestrianised as i dont think there is enough parking in the surrounding area.

The Quay parking is, as i have said before a bit lame as the road is far too narrow. No one can overtake as a car parks up, unlike in douglas. This might not sound like a ploblem but you have to see it to believe it especially when people cannot park for love nor money. Long vehicles park up and stick out way past they should which also creates havoc.

Not just me then. The time and workmenship going into this is fantastic and i hate to be complaining about it when Ramsey is so overdue a face lift, but it just seems like there will be trouble with what will be a river at a later date.

I would hate to see Parliament st pedestrianised as i dont think there is enough parking in the surrounding area.

The Quay parking is, as i have said before a bit lame as the road is far too narrow. No one can overtake as a car parks up, unlike in douglas. This might not sound like a ploblem but you have to see it to believe it especially when people cannot park for love nor money. Long vehicles park up and stick out way past they should which also creates havoc.

The very reason why I never park on the Quay and try to avoid driving past if at all possible - just too hazardous for my liking. Not enough room to avoid a collision with limited sightlines if something moves into your path from a parked position.