Ryan Farquhar Quits Racing

In the wake of yet another bleak week for road racing on the island, one which seems to have gone unnoticed on MF, Ryan Farquhar has quit racing. Full story here. It's pretty uncomfortable reading which underlines the devastation for those left behind. One can understand his decision, although it slightly undermines the argument that the risks are all too clear for the competitors.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Riding when you have a family is utterly selfish. Either postpone having children or don't ride.

The people using those reasons are wrong, but they're right that his opinion can't be used as a full justification that the races are definitely not worth it.   He is one man who has decided that fo

Your ego has a problem censorship. PL is one of the few posters on here whose comments I enjoy reading and I do not think I'm alone, sometimes I talk about MF socially, you might find it hard to belie

LooseChange - Ryan Farquhar has decided that "doing what they love" isn't enough to justify the trauma it inflicts on family and loved ones when it goes wrong.

Is he point scoring too when he gives interviews etc saying this?

PL - Ryan said at the TT he was planning on retiring from racing this year to concentrate on running his team. At the moment the death of his Uncle is very raw, and he is also saying that he is unsure whether he can run his team. Time is a great healer and I fully expect to see his team here at the TT next year, probably winning.

This is always good news imo. You are only here once (apparently) and for such a short time so to quit while still alive is a good idea.

"Trevors wife and children are distraught/devastated", and rightly so. You are not invincable on the back on those bikes you are obviously risking everything and for what exactly?

I wish Mr Faquhar all the very best in his retirement and aged just 36 years he has the world at his feet.

we all do things that carries risk, some with more risk than others.

Very different but along the same line, those that smoke and think it wont effect them, that is until they are hit with a near death wake up call. how many stop then?

its always someone else's problem to deal with, until its your own.

Edit: sorry to bring smoking into the thread, substitute with drugs or whatever fits.

Edited by molly

Riding when you have a family is utterly selfish. Either postpone having children or don't ride.

Yes thats the attitude, sod the Wife girlfriend parents grandparents and friends in general. I dont think it s a matter of " if you die " but " when " concidering the speeds the bikes get up to.

I have to say that I agree that racing when you have a young family is very selfish. The kids are not old enough to be able to accept a parents decision to risk his life for his own enjoyment and it is they who are the worst affected.

Ryan Farquar has been considering retirement for some time and I expect that this has helped him decide?

• Like 1

we all do things that carries risk, some with more risk than others.

Very different but along the same line, those that smoke and think it wont effect them, that is until they are hit with a near death wake up call. how many stop then?

its always someone else's problem to deal with, until its your own.

Edit: sorry to bring smoking into the thread, substitute with drugs or whatever fits.

Its nothing of the sort.