Dog Poo On Pavements

If any person was to rush up to a member of the public, push them over, start licking/sniffing them and humping their leg I would consider it "out of order" why should some dog owners think it's OK for them to do it by proxy with their dog?

Because thats normal behaviour for a dog, and not for a human?

I know dog owners who are capable of training their dogs and others who can't who, sensibly, keep them on a lead.

You could argue that it's "normal behaviour" for a dog to bite people or do as it likes if the owner allows it to promote itself as the alpha male/bitch within a family. It's down to the owner to train the animal to behave correctly, I have a mate (a police dog handler) who has trained "unmanageable" "rescued dogs" to be fully licensed animals . They are even trained not to accept food from 'strangers'

So if you have to argue "normal behaviour for a dog" I would venture to suggest you are simply unable to train your animal so just keep it on a short lead and away from mebiggrin.png .

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow. You have real problems and that was at 8.26 this morning! You must have had a right ole barney with someone last night.   If you look at my posts (try 8500 of them) you will see I do always p

I walk all over the Island and rarely see any dog shit. I do wonder how much others REALLY see and how much of it is hot air from dog haters. Litter is a far worse problem, and every river, beach, dit

Posted Images

So if you have to argue "normal behaviour for a dog" I would venture to suggest you are simply unable to train your animal so just keep it on a short lead and away from mebiggrin.png .

Seeing as you have never met me or my dogs....I would venture to suggest you know nothing about me or my dogs or how they behave.

I think for the people who dont mind living in a shit infested place then power to you, personally i like to keep my shoes shit

free.

Harp on about the good ole days all you want but we are in 2012, you sound like arse holes with no real standards of hygene and cleanliness. I dont particulary want to live in a sterile enviroment but there is a limit, the nights are closing in and already i can see a massive influx of shit left by lazy dog owners. FFS its your dog so your responsability to clear up after it/them.

I dont understand why the government when they are so short of money dont jump on this with on the spot fines, name and shame and increases in dog licences for those who dont pick up. This is a huge money maker (short term i would imagine) and our beautiful Island would be on its way to being beautiful.

Also what is with having 6+ dogs.

And i would vote for a blanket ban too given half the chancesmile.png

Edited by Miss Roo

Seeing as you have never met me or my dogs....I would venture to suggest you know nothing about me or my dogs or how they behave.

You did post that you thought it normal behaviour for a dog to bound up to strangers I assumed that your dog/s conformed to this "normal behaviour, if I assumed wrong and you have proper control over your animals you are to be commended biggrin.png .

You did post that you thought it normal behaviour for a dog to bound up to strangers I assumed that your dog/s conformed to this "normal behaviour, if I assumed wrong and you have proper control over your animals you are to be commended biggrin.png .

By normal, I should of put natural or instinctive.

I think for the people who dont mind living in a shit infested place then power to you, personally i like to keep my shoes shit

free.

Harp on about the good ole days all you want but we are in 2012, you sound like arse holes with no real standards of hygene and cleanliness. I dont particulary want to live in a sterile enviroment but there is a limit, the nights are closing in and already i can see a massive influx of shit left by lazy dog owners. FFS its your dog so your responsability to clear up after it/them.

I dont understand why the government when they are so short of money dont jump on this with on the spot fines, name and shame and increases in dog licences for those who dont pick up. This is a huge money maker (short term i would imagine) and our beautiful Island would be on its way to being beautiful.

You are a strange beast, nobody is harping on about the good ole days when stuff was everywhere, rather pointing out that peple generally just got on with a lot more shit, actual and proverbial, and dealt with it, because that is what you did, you know how to deal with it. Things happened they were just the course of life, nothing remarkable; and do you know, we all survived.

Now life just seems so packaged, no one seems to have the easiest life skills. Take it from dealing with a peculiar shaped potato to skipping round dog poo.

I do wonder what we are left with, absolutely no resilience, no tolerance and precious little imaginative thought. But hey, no one stepped in dog poo.

• Like 3

free.

You are a strange beast, nobody is harping on about the good ole days when stuff was everywhere, rather pointing out that peple generally just got on with a lot more shit, actual and proverbial, and dealt with it, because that is what you did, you know how to deal with it. Things happened they were just the course of life, nothing remarkable; and do you know, we all survived.

Now life just seems so packaged, no one seems to have the easiest life skills. Take it from dealing with a peculiar shaped potato to skipping round dog poo.

I do wonder what we are left with, absolutely no resilience, no tolerance and precious little imaginative thought. But hey, no one stepped in dog poo.

Good post Gladys!

free.

I dont understand why the government when they are so short of money dont jump on this with on the spot fines, name and shame and increases in dog licences for those who dont pick up. This is a huge money maker (short term i would imagine)

You sound suspiciously like the Treasury Minister to me.

We are left with campylobactor, roundworm, ringworm, giardia and cryptosporidium to name but a few.

To all you dog owners:

a) if you can't control it, you shouldn't keep it.

b) if you don't pick up it's shit you shouldn't keep it.

My solution is simple to wit YOUR dog can shit in YOUR garden.

• Like 2

What do you do with your shit PK? Dispose of it correctly or just flush it into the sea?

Yawn at all this debate, more people pick up than ever before and if you can't manage to avoid it maybe you shouldn't be allowed out on your own. The odd pile of poo here & there is no biggie, when compared with bygone years when no-one picked up. I had dogs as a child & no-one even thought of picking up. I also spend the entire summer holidays on the beach with my dogs and no-one cared about that either. Nor did anyone die or go blind due to there being a few dogs joining in the fun. Agree with Gladys, this sterile world some people want is no fun. Stay in your sterile homes and leaves the rest of us to enjoy the outdoors with our dogs, horses, children, whatever. I'll bet people catch more from kids than dogs!

• Like 2