Vw Camper Van Hire

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Mum, Dad, and 3 kids - maybe. But for a singleton, or just a couple they're fine

Fingers crossed you'll not need to use the insurance PK Our van is a shed but I like it, it's cost loads and bits keep falling off it but you know, it has a certain appeal - in a clapped out heap of

I've had a couple of these vans, slow, rusty and bloody unreliable over a long trip. You can fix them easily though, door hinge popped on when the throttle pedal parted company iwith the chassis for

Posted Images

an iconic vehicle with an amazingly strong cult following.

Tiny little typo there...... ; ))

Not at all. Jamie Oliver got rid of his some while back.

Go on, try again, lot's of tiny minds out there for some reason only you know how to please....

They are nice to look at but impractical to live/camp out of for anything more than a picnic.

For Mum, Dad, and 3 kids - maybe. But for a singleton, or just a couple they're fine

Yep, not knocking it, ive done the vw camper bit etc, the novelty does wear of making up beds and stuff though,

i toured all over europe when younger in a comma pop top so im aware of what a small van is capable of.

You know jealousy is a very ugly word...

Nah not jealous, not knocking it either,i do think you make many sacrifices for the 'iconic' side of things though.

looks a lovely van

Edited by molly

Nah not jealous, not knocking it either,i do think you make many sacrifices for the 'iconic' side of things though.

You're absolutely right of course. For the same wedge we could have purchased something a lot newer, a lot bigger and with a lot more equipment.

But no-one waves at a Winnebago.

Not at all. Jamie Oliver got rid of his some while back.

Go on, try again, lot's of tiny minds out there for some reason only you know how to please....

How ironic. Just like your van! ; ))

We decided to get one of these simply to have fun. After all, interest rates are on the floor and the money in the bank wasn't giving us any fun at all!

So we had a complete resto done and had it painted pillar box red and white. The canvas is unusual in that it is 3-inch bold red & white stripes. The idea, after all, is to raise a smile.

As a classic vehicle it WILL break down. When you drive it you just hope it's not today. However as a classic it will not only hold it's value but increase rather nicely year on year. Fancy our tiny minds realising, like so many others before us, that it's a smart investment.as well....

However as a classic it will not only hold it's value but increase rather nicely year on year. Fancy our tiny minds realising, like so many others before us, that it's a smart investment.as well....

You may be right, but my instincts tell me you may be being slightly over optimistic. I've had a couple of these in the past, and used them for various trips and festivals. Not luxurious, but great fun and much better than camping. (ie in a tent). But I found selling them for what I thought a fair price difficult, and the only people interested in them were tightarse antipodeans looking for something to live in for six months while they did their tours of the UK. That said, they were pretty tatty looking vans. Your's admittedly looks fantastic so should appeal to a much larger demographic. Makes me quite nostalgic actually! The good old days of rolling up to Glastonbury in the early hours, abandoning the van in a field and hopping over the wall in order to get one's wrist stamped on the way back - Happy Days.......!........... ; ))

You may be right, but my instincts tell me you may be being slightly over optimistic. I've had a couple of these in the past, and used them for various trips and festivals. Not luxurious, but great fun and much better than camping. (ie in a tent). But I found selling them for what I thought a fair price difficult, and the only people interested in them were tightarse antipodeans looking for something to live in for six months while they did their tours of the UK.

It's illegal to make a profit out of insurance but the agreed valuation was more than we thought it would be....

My missus has always wanted a camper but they're a bit out of our reach price wise. They certainly seem to be a worthwhile investment, don't think I've seen a cheap one yet that's not just a box of parts with an attached VIN plate. Probably just as well though, two rust magnets is more than enough at the moment.

I've spent the last six months (and a pile of cash) on renovating "Katie". She's now on the road and will be headed for Mannin shortly.

When you got that wreck we all thought you were mad.

We still think you're mad. It's v nice though.

You may be right, but my instincts tell me you may be being slightly over optimistic. I've had a couple of these in the past, and used them for various trips and festivals. Not luxurious, but great fun and much better than camping. (ie in a tent). But I found selling them for what I thought a fair price difficult, and the only people interested in them were tightarse antipodeans looking for something to live in for six months while they did their tours of the UK.

It's illegal to make a profit out of insurance but the agreed valuation was more than we thought it would be....

So some day when things are a bit tight, that cap wearing corsa driver could infact be doing you a massive favour at say the qb roundabout lol