Vw Camper Van Hire

So some day when things are a bit tight, that cap wearing corsa driver could infact be doing you a massive favour at say the qb roundabout lol

So another classic vehicle would be lost forever. No thanks.

Yesterday saw a 1959 Morris Minor 948 with damson body and cream soft-top. An absolutely stunning example of someone's pride and joy.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Mum, Dad, and 3 kids - maybe. But for a singleton, or just a couple they're fine

Fingers crossed you'll not need to use the insurance PK Our van is a shed but I like it, it's cost loads and bits keep falling off it but you know, it has a certain appeal - in a clapped out heap of

I've had a couple of these vans, slow, rusty and bloody unreliable over a long trip. You can fix them easily though, door hinge popped on when the throttle pedal parted company iwith the chassis for

Posted Images

I've had a couple of these vans, slow, rusty and bloody unreliable over a long trip. You can fix them easily though, door hinge popped on when the throttle pedal parted company iwith the chassis for example.

Currently converting a London Taxi into a camper for one, plastic pig of course, could be the new combi!

• Like 1

I seem to recall that a Type 1 that was in fr work at Autologic was intended to be a rental camper, might be worth giving them a buzz and asking the question.

I seem to recall that a Type 1 that was in fr work at Autologic was intended to be a rental camper, might be worth giving them a buzz and asking the question.

A type one is a Beetle, that would be a pokey camper.

I've had a couple of these vans, slow, rusty and bloody unreliable over a long trip. You can fix them easily though, door hinge popped on when the throttle pedal parted company iwith the chassis for example.

Currently converting a London Taxi into a camper for one, plastic pig of course, could be the new combi!

Don't understand............. I've had seven type 2s over the years, splitties and bay windows and even one with a Porsche engine which we tried at Santa Pod without too much success.

We travelled all over Europe and most of the UK many times and honestly, the only time we broke down was in Honfleur with a duff rear wheel bearing which was soon fixed at the side of the road.

I would say that as with all vehicles lack of maintenance will cause all sorts of problems and don't forget that these vehicles are very old now so unless they have been looked after or re-built of course they will be rusty or un-reliable. I think the first I had was a 1958 and the last was a 1972 so as I said, they are very old now.

However, I still think real Land Rovers are best.

I am not a VW camper buff, basically the early ones are status symbols and the latest ones are hideously expensive for what is still a bloody van

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

The latest ones are the status symbol because they couldn't be more unlike a "bloody van" in a million years. For a cool £50k you get one of these http://www.danburymo...c=detail&id=290 I seem to recall they go up to £66k with all the bells and whistles.

The really early ones aren't "status symbols" at all. Basically keeping vintage vehicles roadworthy requires a great deal of time and effort. It's a hobby, simple as. Mention the word "status" to a vintage vehicle greasemonkey and you'll be laughed off the park....