Dear Mr Bus Driver Please Go On Strike

This sounds like a job for Blakey.

Fed up of bus strikes, bus drivers and bus management. Yes, I DO use the buses and NO I am not a pensioner. I am just one the manx peasants who can't afford to buy a car, let alone tax/insure one.

Really ?

Maybe if you binned the computer/ smart phone and broadband you could buy a cheap motor ?. Just a thought like.

I don't possess a "smart phone" - just an old 2nd hand Nokia - as for the broadband - that is sometimes my only access to the outside world!!! What with being snowed in, no buses, not being able to afford to go to the pub anymore moan moan. I doubt the £24 a month would cover a car, tax, insurance, petrol and repairs. If I had the extra funds I would take a speedy course and become a Bus Driver. Oh wait, beings as though we are going back into the dark ages, maybe a horse and cart would be more beneficial??

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't get over the rant the picketer had on the radio. Telling us how disgusted he is with people going to work and school - WTF, so we're all supposed to come out in sympathy with you are we and le

Anyone who uses the bus drivers possible strike as a defense for a drink driving offense deserves to have their car crushed and spend a few months inside. There is no excuse these days for drinking an

Sorry but it is the correct decision by the Management. Drivers will have been given their rosters setting out there shifts. Either you are available to work that shift or you are not. You can not pic

Posted Images

Just as well the gov have dicked about over uni fees, if Holmes has his way many of these kids at school now will end up not getting any qualifications or enough to go to uni......Strike containment my arse, both parties need taking out, sack the lot start fresh, get rid of Longworth and Holes bring back that nice David Kinrade who use to be there and that nice Mr Hewers from Peel, problem solved.

Fed up of bus strikes, bus drivers and bus management. Yes, I DO use the buses and NO I am not a pensioner. I am just one the manx peasants who can't afford to buy a car, let alone tax/insure one.

Really ?

Maybe if you binned the computer/ smart phone and broadband you could buy a cheap motor ?. Just a thought like.

But those are necessities, a car is a luxury.

Really ?

I don't possess a "smart phone" - just an old 2nd hand Nokia - as for the broadband - that is sometimes my only access to the outside world!!! What with being snowed in, no buses, not being able to afford to go to the pub anymore moan moan. I doubt the £24 a month would cover a car, tax, insurance, petrol and repairs. If I had the extra funds I would take a speedy course and become a Bus Driver. Oh wait, beings as though we are going back into the dark ages, maybe a horse and cart would be more beneficial??

Nah, I think a car would be cheaper to run.

Just as well the gov have dicked about over uni fees, if Holmes has his way many of these kids at school now will end up not getting any qualifications or enough to go to uni......Strike containment my arse, both parties need taking out, sack the lot start fresh, get rid of Longworth and Holes bring back that nice David Kinrade who use to be there and that nice Mr Hewers from Peel, problem solved.

That makes sense to me. I cant believe we can't afford to send our kids to university anymore because were spending all the money on overpaying these uneducated bell ends to fuck up everything they touch. There's no point in trying to get your kids to better themselves anymore when they'll still be able to leave school with no qualifications and get shit loads of money for doing nothing but dicking about driving buses protected by the numbskulls in IOMG and the union.

During a large "all employee" meeting of another department yesterday, the Unite bod seem to intemate that there was going to be some sort of movement on the bus dispute yesterday, and a number of press releases would be issued.

Nothing yet on MR or IoM Today.

Any sympathy I had for the bus drivers has well and truly gone. They aren't hurting their bosses they are hurting school children who will have exams during that period and pensioners that depend on the service. They are also trying to disrupt a time of year when many small businesses that are struggling have the opportunity to make some badly needed money

They seriously need to grow up and see what is happening in the real world. They have jobs that are well paid and don't appreciate them in a time when many are struggling to make ends meet

Time for the government to act. Time to sack them. With a £6M a year deficit, declare the Bus Vannin insolvent (which is a limited company), advertise the service to be picked up by a private operator who can buy the assets and start operating the service more economically.

If these people do not understand just how much of a good thing they are on now, wait till they start desperately looking for £12K to £15K a year driving jobs, if they can find any.

These bus drivers disgust me.

• Like 3

Time for the government to act. Time to sack them. With a £6M a year deficit, declare the Bus Vannin insolvent (which is a limited company), advertise the service to be picked up by a private operator who can buy the assets and start operating the service more economically.

Agreed. But they won't. It would require balls.