Dear Mr Bus Driver Please Go On Strike

I aint knocking them its just they are an easy target i think, but once they have finished with them i am sure there will be another department for the chop.

What people don't know is that the private sector has taken pay cuts, i know a tradesman who had to take a £7.50 an hour pay cut or he would have got the sack.

So i think any govt employee needs to realise they are really well off, how could they handle a 30% pay drop?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't get over the rant the picketer had on the radio. Telling us how disgusted he is with people going to work and school - WTF, so we're all supposed to come out in sympathy with you are we and le

Anyone who uses the bus drivers possible strike as a defense for a drink driving offense deserves to have their car crushed and spend a few months inside. There is no excuse these days for drinking an

Sorry but it is the correct decision by the Management. Drivers will have been given their rosters setting out there shifts. Either you are available to work that shift or you are not. You can not pic

Posted Images

Well i personally would like to see anyone in govt to take a 5% pay drop and see how much that would raise.

I know in the uk bus drivers are on about £18k to £20k a year, If i was a govt worker i would be nervous.

And any bus drivers out there reading this, if they offer you a contract of employment take it to a lawyer to see if its stacked toward the govt.

I would imagine that the prison service, police, ambulane, fire service and any other well paid govt job will be reciving the same treatment, its just the bus guys and girls are an easy target.

Who is next lol

Roger Smelly

You may jest about who are next but there are a number of the aforementioned who are actually members of Unite, they could possibly join up in solidarity with the Bus Drivers especially if this is a new stance by Mr Bell's Team.

Now there is a thought for you to sleep on!

Yes but i think you will find that a union is toothless since thatcher got her way, and if you do strike its a breach of contract.

Look in your contract of employment, you might be surprised.

And how many people with big mortgages and outgoings can risk it.

Edited by Roger Smelly

Don't quite understand the hatred of bus drivers or why they should take any cut, fact is they were offered these terms by the bosses and took them. I would imagine if any of the people on here was offered a decent wage rise at work are you saying you would turn it down?

Here, here. All those bad-mouthing the Bus Drivers have now had their wishes granted. Don't get to 'cocky' about it though. You may be next.

That way your bosses can legally outsourse to private contractors on temporary work permits to prove to the nation that the service can be carried out at 2/3 of the current wage bill.

Private contractors cost more, because they have a profit motive. They might pay the workers less, but they want more for themselves.

Edited by Thomas Jefferson

Well who do you think went last year ?

Private contractors were done away with in the first round of cuts, i know a few companies who lost contracts.

A m8 of mine told me they have cut what they can with the private companies, now they can only chop the departments.

They are 2 years in to a 5 year plan of cost cutting.

I bet the top brass don't get the axe.

Well i personally would like to see anyone in govt to take a 5% pay drop and see how much that would raise.

I know in the uk bus drivers are on about £18k to £20k a year, If i was a govt worker i would be nervous.

And any bus drivers out there reading this, if they offer you a contract of employment take it to a lawyer to see if its stacked toward the govt.

I would imagine that the prison service, police, ambulane, fire service and any other well paid govt job will be reciving the same treatment, its just the bus guys and girls are an easy target.

Who is next lol

I agree with your post but why the "lol"?

Well who do you think went last year ?

Private contractors were done away with in the first round of cuts, i know a few companies who lost contracts.

A m8 of mine told me they have cut what they can with the private companies, now they can only chop the departments.

I bet the top brass don't get the axe.

I bet the middle brass don't get cut either

Its being going on for longer than 2 years Roger. There has been a lot of cutting of expenditure behind the scenes, nothing that would make the press but work that government used to put out to private company's that stopped very quickly about 4-5 years ago when the sh1t hit the fan over the Vat reductions.

If the DCCL have got it right the notice periods will be different depending on length of service. Some of them could be forced out within 4wks or so. Nice touch by Ms Moffat, although a bit ironic, there is a bus with a big advert saying .....join Prospect the trade union, nice touch seeing the ppl driving the bus are a little pissed of with Holmes and co at Unite. I wonder if this is where we will see Holmes's trade union cement with him calling his troops from Prospect to take the inspectors out in support of the drivers this is where we see if it's cement or pva that bind the IOM trade unions together.

Well the "lol" was a laugh at the madness that seems to be gripping the isle of man.

I personally feel sorry for anyone who is facing job woes at the moment.

But there aint a job for life anymore with the govt, they seem to be following the conservative plan of slash and burn.

Stop wasting your time with unions, i have had a bit of experience with them and i have found they can do very little now.

Fighting this is a waste of time, your just a number who they can replace, I wouldnt work for the govt too many back stabbers.

Graham Cregeen has been given a tough job here.

Listening to Manx Radio Opinion today with Chairman of the Isle of Man Civil Service Commission Michael MHK Alf Cannan, it seems he has also been given a poisoned chalice. Chris Robertshaw too with his Ministerial responsibilities and his impending Thatcheresque cuts.

But it looks like the old guard on the Council of Ministers are slouching back watching the new boys taking the flak.

To be fair Mulokin, £65k is cheap for this level of incompetence. None of the issues I highlighted to him have been addressed, I think the 3 Wise men have colluded to ignore me, and as you know I am more qualified in the Passenger Transport Industry than the 3 of them together, and their consultants/mates. Hey Ho.

I like you will Halsall, I do.