Dear Mr Bus Driver Please Go On Strike

spermann

Actually just got a Bus home tonight.The Driver was so pleasant that I was impressed.Just like 90 % of them are.A credit to the service.Unfortunately there are about ten of them that should not be allowed to drive.Who is that Ginger from PSM who has the people skills of Adolf - and does he have a brother that should be manning the towers at Camp Guantarnamo...And as for that half-wit who cannot keep his mouth shut on the route....

monkeyboy...

So the next time that I need a skilled tradesman I can call a Bus Driver on his day off...

Depends what you want doing. If it was a burst pipe I'd call a plumber, lights not working - an electrician, but if you want a double decker backing onto your drive then a bus driver's your man. I would have thought it was obvious.

monkeyboy...

So the next time that I need a skilled tradesman I can call a Bus Driver on his day off...

Depends what you want doing. If it was a burst pipe I'd call a plumber, lights not working - an electrician, but if you want a double decker backing onto your drive then a bus driver's your man. I would have thought it was obvious.

Have you ever seen some of them trying to reverse? Unless you want your wall demolished I wouldn't. On one occasion there was a sudden road closure leaving a bus stuck. The driver refused to "chance his arm" and reverse into a wide open space to turn around without a "banksman" until the gathering crowd shamed him into it.

It' not £35,000 it's £27,000 so that's £160 a week less than you quoted. I think most Plumbers, Electricians, etc are earning that much, or certainly have been through the 'Boom' years. Also what do you consider a 'Skilled' worker is ?, - some-one who stares at a Computer screen for eight hours a day and consumes a gallon of coffee [ before the evening 'Wine - Bar visit ] As far as I am concerned some-one who is responsible for the safety , indeed lives of hundreds of the Public every day, more than qualifies as a 'Skilled Worker'. Less of the snobbery.

"Skilled worker"

Plumbers, electricians, joiners, vehicle technicians - 3 years training & college

London taxi drivers - 3 to 5 yrs on the Knowledge

Manx Bus drivers - ?

Come on, it's not like they're airline pilots

Might have known London would get a mention. I and most others I know served 5 years training with night classes [unpaid as well] as a 'Tradesman'

You fail to agree or disagree about what they earn though. Just how much does the average 'Financial Worker' earn ? and how many years training does the average 'Office Worker' do ? And your still a SNOB

To be fair there are financial workers and financial workers. Some work hard on modest or middle salaries for a whole blameless career providing a service to society. Others seem to rise as stars within a few months doing what appears to be nothing more than gambling the markets taking risk with other peoples' money, not their own, and seem to be extremely highly valued by their employers to the tune of millions of pounds of bonuses every year. What value their machinations are to mankind seems to be a moot point but it would appear that the financial collapse precipitated by such activities has not cured the thrall in which these scumbags are held. As with Nick Leeson and others since, the crime is interpreted as when the deal goes wrong. Nobody questions the system that spawned it and so long as you keep winning crack on for the bonus.

It' not £35,000 it's £27,000 so that's £160 a week less than you quoted. I think most Plumbers, Electricians, etc are earning that much, or certainly have been through the 'Boom' years. Also what do you consider a 'Skilled' worker is ?, - some-one who stares at a Computer screen for eight hours a day and consumes a gallon of coffee [ before the evening 'Wine - Bar visit ] As far as I am concerned some-one who is responsible for the safety , indeed lives of hundreds of the Public every day, more than qualifies as a 'Skilled Worker'. Less of the snobbery.

"Skilled worker"

Plumbers, electricians, joiners, vehicle technicians - 3 years training & college

Manx Bus drivers - ?

Might have known London would get a mention. I and most others I know served 5 years training with night classes [unpaid as well] as a 'Tradesman'

You fail to agree or disagree about what they earn though. Just how much does the average 'Financial Worker' earn ? and how many years training does the average 'Office Worker' do ? And your still a SNOB

Cheeky Boy is a snob? Your a complete nutter fella!

"Skilled worker"

Manx Bus drivers - ?

Cheeky Boy is a snob? Your a complete nutter fella!

Dapper maybe...but never a snob :)

MEA@3% is a nice lift, is Cannan on the board.

According to the website:

Political

Mr E G Lowey MLC (Chairman)

Mr J R Houghton MHK (Deputy Chairman)

Non Political

Mr W D Mummery

Mr M Coleman

Mr J J Reid BSc (Hons)

Mr J S Christian ACA (yup, that one)

Its hard to find a board that Mummery isnt on either outside or inside government.