Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Grumpy

Nano Sims... There Aren't Any...

A good read smile.png

I never knew that Apple spent so little on R&D.

That was the most surprising thing in the piece for me. I had assumed that they would be using huge percentages of their profit in R&D. They may be the biggest Co in the world right now but not for much longer with that approach, nothing is trendy for ever.

New iPhone 5 = new docking station, new nano sim, new protective carry case, new screen protector, new contract, new itunes update, new memory due to the size of 8 megapixel images, new in-car charger!

Surely I have missed something!?

FFS its really one big freakin fashion accessory!

new nothing required for me fella cos I don't buy overpriced apple shit. Never have never will.

Dan Lyons. Really? You'll base an opinion on his reporting?

The guy is a hack.

zykkO.png

It might be based on the AT&T “leaked” roadmap where nanosims were not part of the plan until October sparking a flap for some US chaps, other than that can't find anything about delayed nanosims. If there is mention of sure getting them and mt not getting them I would call bullshit as there are limited companies that manufacture sim cards and at some point they will all be in bed with each other.

I love my £10 Tescos phone, I also love my Ipod. I cannot imagine having a phone that costs as much as the Iphones cost, my phones need to be able to fall out of my pocket & maybe lay in the garden for a day or two, I try to be careful but it's a phone. Would be ace if people with wi-fi would open part of it to all so I could use my ipod for internetty things while wandering about more.

New iPhone 5 = new docking station, new nano sim, new protective carry case, new screen protector, new contract, new itunes update, new memory due to the size of 8 megapixel images, new in-car charger!

new nothing required for me fella cos I don't buy overpriced apple shit. Never have never will.

I have been reliably informed that Microsoft own 49% of Apple

I love my £10 Tescos phone, I also love my Ipod. I cannot imagine having a phone that costs as much as the Iphones cost, my phones need to be able to fall out of my pocket & maybe lay in the garden for a day or two, I try to be careful but it's a phone. Would be ace if people with wi-fi would open part of it to all so I could use my ipod for internetty things while wandering about more.

Well if you damage your phone and Tesco's don't have any in due to the Ben not sailing you can always use two tin cans and a length of wet string, you'll hardly notice the difference biggrin.png

Just go and fix those traffic lights that you've cocked up in Onchan wll you please.

Well if you damage your phone and Tesco's don't have any in due to the Ben not sailing you can always use two tin cans and a length of wet string, you'll hardly notice the difference biggrin.png

Nah, it's a great little phone, battery lasts for weeks, gets texts, makes calls, all you need from a phone......and it was a tenner, not £600.

....and another thing.....Iphones, I'm yet to see one that hasn't suffered some kind of damage, my mate had one with a completely smashed face, it still worked but loads of them are trashed, if my £10 Tescos phone gets smashed - byeeeee, £10 new phone. People smash their Iphones and keep holding on to the damned things because ...well, why ever they do, not something I relate to.

Apple is the emporers new clothes. People will still buy the iphone 5. But I think the trick is wearing thin nowadays. There is a reason that most of the world uses Windows and not Mac. Apple are having their moment now in the phone space. But that moment is passing.

If you have Apple stock, sell.

• Like 1

Strange but I am finding more companies are moving from PC based sewrver networks to Apple based systems. I am starting to think that is the way forward, from my limited experience of Apple machines they seem easier to set up and the software works straight out of the box every time.