substitute

Twelve quid for ten sausages!

That's insane. Sausages are supposed to be cheap, using and disguising as they are supposed to do, the less salubrious cuts from an animal, particularly the pig. That's the whole point of a sausage. And I celebrate that!

There may be the odd German and resident of Cumberland who disagrees with you.

Oh I'm a canny shopper, I only ever buy the deals and I cross check all prices with Tescos online, I do not waste money kids :) They were sending me catalogues every month and so I told them "Any more and I stop buying from you." - they stopped with the catalogues and now only send E-mails which usually have a code for free delivery, they'll also refund the whole shop if the delivery is delayed, their customer service is proper.

Twelve quid for ten sausages!

That's insane. Sausages are supposed to be cheap, using and disguising as they are supposed to do, the less salubrious cuts from an animal, particularly the pig. That's the whole point of a sausage. And I celebrate that!

worryingly find myself agreeing with Pierrot....

• 4 weeks later...

Oh I'm a canny shopper, I only ever buy the deals and I cross check all prices with Tescos online, I do not waste money kids smile.png They were sending me catalogues every month and so I told them "Any more and I stop buying from you." - they stopped with the catalogues and now only send E-mails which usually have a code for free delivery, they'll also refund the whole shop if the delivery is delayed, their customer service is proper.

Subscribed to them shortly after you made this post

http://www.donaldrussell.com/offer/butchers_beef_selection_october/?offercode=chs12e1307&utm_source=cheetahmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=chs12e1307

Got this through and while not completely a bargain I'm willing to give it a whirl!

Mrs Baps went to Teares in Ramsey last week and secured a piece of lamb shoulder and damn nice it was too.

It was also £2 per lb cheaper than that available from a nearby "Manx to the max" supermarket!

Added bonus was that she was known to the staff and able to have some banter while there too. On the whole, she reports a very pleasant shopping experience.

Edited by piebaps

Try the new Onchan butcher

He makes brilliant sausages in all flavours

And his ham is good too

If he stays open of course with all those stupid roadworks

I took there Meatpack offer that was on the Isle of Man deals site recently.

Used the Pork Chops & Stewing steak so far - both delicious.

Problem was getting to the bloomin shop with the roadworks!

Edited by Jam_Sandwich

on the pension we now have to look at getting cheaper cuts of meat so I'm wondering is it possible to get hogget locally cheaper than lamb? and

beef cheeks (featured on Saturday Kitchen - http://www.bbc.co.uk...heeks_and_14349 ) ?

btw not arse cheeks wink.png

BEEF CHEEKS The muscles on either side of the cheekbones, braised beef cheeks (and veal cheeks) are popular French bistro fare. They are an inexpensive cut with rich flavor. In Italy, pork cheeks (guancia) are used in dishes and sausage-making.

Edited by on_a_pension

on the pension we now have to look at getting cheaper cuts of meat so I'm wondering is it possible to get hogget locally cheaper than lamb? and

beef cheeks (featured on Saturday Kitchen - http://www.bbc.co.uk...heeks_and_14349 ) ?

btw not arse cheeks wink.png

BEEF CHEEKS The muscles on either side of the cheekbones, braised beef cheeks (and veal cheeks) are popular French bistro fare. They are an inexpensive cut with rich flavor. In Italy, pork cheeks (guancia) are used in dishes and sausage-making.

Yes you can get them. Just ask

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...