Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Hermes

'doctor Admits Webcam Sex Act'

hello judy, no we're off to douglas this morning. We were going to go yesterday but we heard on Manx Radio that it was raining, it was fine down here.

We haven't been over to Peel for a little while. I was asking the other day whether big Ronnie's wife was still doing those lovely crab sandwiches in the little hut on the pier, but nobody answered. We'll probably have our dinner in Harry's Cafe today, no gulls in there! Are you feeling any better?

I think Yoko ono said something about society hang on I'll away and look it up. No, it was John Lennon and he did say

“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight." The Romans were at it all over the place, having baths together, when did we get so boring? Look at how many pubs there used to be compared to now, there were less people but more pubs and clubs, we are dull.

• Like 1

"Man shares erotic moment with girlfriend over the internet behind locked doors?"

Big f*cking deal.

In fact, well done both of you. Impressed with your passion.

It's a completely non newsworthy event. The GMC are duty bound to check the facts once its reported though. I wonder who felt the need to report it and why?

Edited by ballaughbiker

How did he get caught out? By the sounds of it it does seem like a private moment between 2 people, the only questionable bit is the fact he did it at work, ala Leslie Grantham. Far worse things have gone on in the health sector, & elsewhere for that matter that have been concealed by the authorities to avoid embarrassment.

Was there an implication that he was stitched up by someone at a staff party?

It was on IOM on line from 3 hours before the opening post in this topic, so much for conspiract theories

He's done a naughty think at work which could have brought the profession into disrepute. It is right that the professional body examines the case.

His fitness to practice does not appear to be in question, and there is no suggestion there has been or will be any formal criminal action.

Exposing him to such media scrutiny for such a minor indiscretion is barbaric, destroying his family and private life, threatening his career and ruining his hard-earned reputation.

The GMC hearing should have been in private with a statement issued afterwards if a sanction is imposed. There was no need for this.

• Like 6

there are plenty of doctors who are wankers, where's the news in this??

• Like 2

I think he thought he was on embarrasing illnesses, "Nurse the screen"

Dr Grantham will see you now

leslie-grantham.jpg

The world is full of ways for adults to share sexual experiences via technolgy and has been for a century or more thanks to that nice Mr Bell (the other one). If we're going to start dragging everyone who's had webcam naughties with their partner through the courts there won't be time to prosecute the REAL wankers who are pissing Government money away on idiotic no-hope schemes that feather their own nest in the process.

And as for all that misconduct in the workplace bollocks. That's going to put thousands in court this Christmas for alcohol-induced gropings in the stock cupboard and behind the filing cabinets. I don't expect a doctor to be immune to his or her hormones, and I can't see his surgery is any less appropriate a place for a wank than anyone else's office.

Things like this only get reported to sell newspapers, whether it's Leslie Grantham, Max Mosley, Hugh Grant or some unfortunate private person, such as a doctor.

People have sex and there's nothing wrong with it. Pretending they don't in order to feign headline-grabbing outrage for profit is, on the other hand, an act which is genuinely sordid and despicable.

• Like 2