Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Pierrot Lunaire

April Jones

Still missing since Monday. I'm familiar with Machynlleth and know a couple of people who live there. I really hope this little girl turns up safe soon. Terrible thing for her parents. : ((

• Like 1

Its tragic, there doesn't seem to be many answers and the guy questioned on suspicion of abduction doesn't seem to be giving any clues either.

Just highlights why we should have Sarahs Law here.

Terrible, hope she turns up. What was she doing out in fading light at 5 years old? I'm all for letting kids take risks and don't believe in wrapping them in cotton wool but at 5 years old at dusk?

• Like 1

How does it highlight a need for Sarah's Law?

Because nothing stops somebody like that living next door to you?, what's to say the guy responsible for abducting April doesn't move over to the IOM to start a 'new life' in 8 years time etc

Because nothing stops somebody like that living next door to you?,

Neither does Sarah's Law....

How does it highlight a need for Sarah's Law?

Because nothing stops somebody like that living next door to you?, what's to say the guy responsible for abducting April doesn't move over to the IOM to start a 'new life' in 8 years time etc

Has he offended before? Has there been a suspicion of previous offending?

I can't see how Sarah's Law would have prevented this otherwise?

Terrible, hope she turns up. What was she doing out in fading light at 5 years old? I'm all for letting kids take risks and don't believe in wrapping them in cotton wool but at 5 years old at dusk?

Hate to say it but I agree........

All Sarah's law does is to encourage mob mentality and lynching. Child abduction and other child offences are not pleasant, in fact they are ultra unpleasant, but so is vigilantism, lynching and taking the law into your own hands.

In most cases it is a close family member or neighbour who has not offended before, so Sarah's law is no help there; and 9 out of 10 the vigilante mob gets the wrong person, so I assume thats OK if you support Sarah's law.

• Like 1

All Sarah's law does is to encourage mob mentality and lynching. Child abduction and other child offences are not pleasant, in fact they are ultra unpleasant, but so is vigilantism, lynching and taking the law into your own hands.

In most cases it is a close family member or neighbour who has not offended before, so Sarah's law is no help there; and 9 out of 10 the vigilante mob gets the wrong person, so I assume thats OK if you support Sarah's law.

Yes. I am all for the guilty getting REAL punishment but I don't believe in this kind of mob gratification. I recall the saintly News of the World "outing" some supposed sex offender who turned out to be the wrong person but this didn't stop him being attacked and his home being trashed, Thoroughly bad idea.

I do wonder can there ever be a safe prospect of rehabilitating a child molester into a community without putting children at risk from their predatory behaviour.

I was watching the live interview with the police on telly at teatime and they were asked if the suspect had previously been in a relationship with a family member, the policeman was non commital, understanderbly, I wonder if this little girl knew this man well, she did get in the car without a fuss. I really do not think this story is going to have a happy ending, I pray I am wrong.

I am all for the guilty getting REAL punishment

What is REAL punishment? Sounds nasty.