Good Lord, The Ag & The Tax Man Before The Beak

Ive just been told by the Police that i criminal matter i reported is not a criminal matter because we have different legislation from the UK.

MMMMM Strange i thought fraud and criminal acts were the same here and across the water.

I wonder if its because the Director of the company involved is ex Home Affairs.

Seriously how much longer is this shit going to allowed to carry on here.

You're obviously not Manx!

• Like 1
  • Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This encapsulates the problem with so much of the discussion of this case. The question here isn't whether Harding is a nice bloke and the Irvings a bunch of chancers (or vice versa). The question i

Jenny Holt for next A.G. ?

I feel extremely sorry for Mr Harding.   It's bad enough that he has to go through this ordeal once again. In my book if he couldn't be found guilty by a Jury first time round, however mandated u

Posted Images

So it looks as he has been conveniently 'ill' on full pay while it took a year to investigate this case. You do wonder if a lowlier public servant would have been treated so discretely.

^^ I heard that ages ago from peeps in AGs a bit fed up at being leaderless and not knowing when/who would be the new leader. I assumed that by now he would have gone through half pay and onto no pay (inline with civil service regs)

IoM must look pretty shitty from the outside right now sad.png wonder if the two ministers are ever going to make comment and who persuaded Buster to plead guilty so he couldn't be further cross-examined ?

Picture the scene...you spend all your days learning your job, someone does a mind control on you...you realise you've been mind controlled - where is your head at? Not about to take on more chances of getting had over, is it? The big issue really is how this all looks to the outside, is the Isle of Man really fit to self govern?

• Like 1

First, I'm not convinced that the prosecution of high ranking officials does paint the IOM in a bad light - I like the idea that even our highest officials are not beyond the reach of the rule of law. I wish the same level of scrutiny were applied to our politicians, of course.

I don't know enough about the case to be able to comment meaningfully, but if the suggestion that they are being prosecuted for PR reasons is correct, it is just as scandalous as if they were not being prosecuted because of their lofty positions. The prosecutions department has been, in my view, over-zealous on a few occasions (the manslaughter charges for poor sign placement on the TT course being the most obvious example), so I hope they've got their ducks in a row this time

• Like 5

IoM must look pretty shitty from the outside right now sad.png wonder if the two ministers are ever going to make comment and who persuaded Buster to plead guilty so he couldn't be further cross-examined ?

I'm not a lawyer, but surely, now Buster has pleaded guilty, that will mean that he can now be cross-examined. If he was still claiming innocence be could certainly refuse to testify at all, but I would think that now he has admitted guilt he would have to go in the witness box. Or is it more complicated than that? Certainly I can't see how it would protect him from cross-examination any more than before.

Incidentally I wonder if the silence of Watterson and Cregeen is related to that. If they were to issue statement saying "x is a liar" (or "x was completely truthful") during a trial, it might been seen as influencing that trial, if the veracity of x was an issue in it.

Wires crossed, my mistake, it was Woodford I was thinking of, and the fact he was reluctant to name the MET trustees and had to be told to do so by the Deemster, many apologies. Anno Domini catching up

He is not going to be called by the prosecution and I cannot imagine any of the defendants calling him

i said here last week that he should be made to resign from Braddan Commissioners.

Derek, is that you from Ramsey on the Forum? Nice to see another northerner on here - talking some sense! How's that girl of yours, is she still in China?

Sun shining down the north so we're going for a walk around the Garey this morning, but we'll be back after dinner.

What I was wondering..Is due to the fact that HM Attorney general is a Crown appointment, are the Isle of Man courts of justice qualified to prosecute here? Would they need to sort out stuff like Royal prerogative, acts of State and so on?

i said here last week that he should be made to resign from Braddan Commissioners.

Derek, is that you from Ramsey on the Forum? Nice to see another northerner on here - talking some sense! How's that girl of yours, is she still in China?

Sun shining down the north so we're going for a walk around the Garey this morning, but we'll be back after dinner.

But he's not a Braddan commissioner and was let go by them ages ago.

What I was wondering..Is due to the fact that HM Attorney general is a Crown appointment, are the Isle of Man courts of justice qualified to prosecute here? Would they need to sort out stuff like Royal prerogative, acts of State and so on?

No one is above the law on British soil (except the Queen and diplomats). HM Attorney General is not a diplomat, and I'm fairly sure he isn't a Queen.
  • Like 1

Until then it would not be very sensible to post the audit and other documents on here , hope that clears it up for you.

It wouldn't be sensible to let the general public see the evidence until you have shown it to a single member of the media, indirectly employed by the government...I see.