Unpaid Parking Fines - Your Car Will Be Taken By Government

I like the looks on the faces of those untaxed uninsured UK drivers you see on TV when they get stopped by the law and told that the car will be take away and crushed. "You can't do that!" "Oh yes we can!" Oh for more laws like that where the sanction truly fits the crime.

Quote from the Gruniad:

"The upshot is that – despite common claims to contrary – the embodied emissions of a car typically rival the exhaust pipe emissions over its entire lifetime. Indeed, for each mile driven, the emissions from the manufacture of a top-of-the-range Land Rover Discovery that ends up being scrapped after 100,000 miles may be as much as four times higher than the tailpipe emissions of a Citroen C1."

Taking the car off the offender is sufficient, the fate of the car after that maked no difference to a chav

Crushing makes no environmental sense unless the vehicle is totally clapped out

Much better would be to take the car to an approved yard and let a professional decide on the best realisation of value

Crushing for scrap, breaking for parts, or re-sale

Conisider not only punishment for the offender but value for the environment and the taxpayer

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What drivel. That just means the registered keeper is not necessarily the vehicle owner. You can use other means to prove ownership.

No its not it is just proper enforcement of the law.   About time they got serious with people who refuse to pay their fines.   If you dont like it, dont commit the offense in the first place, its

One hopes that they have done their homework on this in advance and looked at how many long term fines are outstanding and cars involved otherwise in typical IOMG style we will probably find that the

It is about revenue generating, yes. But if there were no restrictions at all it would be crazy. First come first served in the morning and if you wanted to go into town for a short stay during the day, well, forget it. Law of the jungle you are advocating.

• Like 1

Some of the parking zones are a joke here. 1 hour zones littered between office buildings where people need to park for work etc. I'm all for fining people for disabled spots, parking badly, double yellows, dangerous parking etc, but the time limited ones in dumb areas are just to push people to the overpriced pay&displays nearby, and are a disgrace.

What?

The time limited ones are for people popping nto town to the bank, shopping, for an appointment etc. They are not for people to park in while they are at work. That's what the numerous, good value, long term car parks are for.

Find a town anywhere with as many offices as Douglas where people can park all day while they are at work for less than you pay in Douglas?

Exactly - I've just checked the costs for all day parking in my birthplace - a small market town in East Anglia. A town centre multi storey carpark there charges £7 for all day parking, Chester Street is £4.50

And in many parts of London, £1 will get you 15 minutes of parking on a meter. When I had friends over from London recently, they couldn't believe we could park in the centre of town for two hours at no cost. For them, the cost of parking would have been almost equal to that of of the pub lunch we had in that time.

Fuck me, you sound like LDV's long lost couain lxxx.

Heehee. We're all serfs anyway, we don't truly own anything and we're not free. You try and opt out of complying with any number of the bollox statutes, not laws, and you'll soon find out where the power lies.

I would mention the birth certificate scam but that's old hat now.

Yes I agree with your point on the abusive rule by statutes,but statute is interpretable, and it depends on who presents the most convincing interpretation.(Lawyers do it all the time)

I've known several instances where the Authorities have been contested on interpretation of statute and rather than risk exposing the whole action as a scam,they back down or try to make a settlement.

Any advice on contesting parking tickets on this basis in the IOM?

Not really to be honest.

Its a grey area although the parking enforcers that are employed by G4S do seem like they ignore their own comanys vans that park illegally.

Just look on Athol Street every day the G4S vans are not emergency vans but park with abandon on the pavements and double yellow lines whrereever they want. Priceless really.

On a side not when i worked ther we had sort of diplomatic imunity from parking wardens .

just have a look and see how many G4S vans flout the parking regs each day you would be surprised.

My only brush with them was once outside government office for just a few minutes. Forgot to put the disc up and the bastards got me. Worse still the reason for being there was to pay a hefty tax bill. You have to laugh....................

Not really to be honest.

Its a grey area although the parking enforcers that are employed by G4S do seem like they ignore their own comanys vans that park illegally.

Just look on Athol Street every day the G4S vans are not emergency vans but park with abandon on the pavements and double yellow lines whrereever they want. Priceless really.

On a side not when i worked ther we had sort of diplomatic imunity from parking wardens .

just have a look and see how many G4S vans flout the parking regs each day you would be surprised.

You do know that they CAN park on double yellow lines to deliver or collect goods, don't you ?. If they are parked partly on the pavement, it is to allow the free movement of other traffic, ie YOU. FFS

It'd be better going back to when you got a lovely 3 day break in 99 Victoria road for non payment of fines!!

You advocate prison for non payment of parking fines? Dick! Criminalising the pointlessness of Manx parking regulations. Anyone who suggests that would be progress needs their head testing.

Wow seriously uptight hboy!! Loosen up or you'll end up in the slammer getting bummed by the big boys with that angry response 😲. You do realise that by calling me such names its breaking the law, something to do with foul and abusive language rings a bell, so carry on and them boys will sort you out😄😄😄😄👮

It'd be better going back to when you got a lovely 3 day break in 99 Victoria road for non payment of fines!!

You advocate prison for non payment of parking fines? Dick! Criminalising the pointlessness of Manx parking regulations. Anyone who suggests that would be progress needs their head testing.

In what way are the regulations pointless?

They are all valid, and there for a reason. Break the law, get caught, pay the fine. If you can't be arsed to pay the fine, expect it to be taken further.

You obviously don't think it's justified, but I do. You might think applying the same principle to shoplifting is justifiable while a shoplifter may not. Where do you draw the line? I would suggest you draw the line at the point someone breaks the law.

In what way are the regulations pointless?

They are all valid, and there for a reason. Break the law, get caught, pay the fine. If you can't be arsed to pay the fine, expect it to be taken further.

You obviously don't think it's justified, but I do. You might think applying the same principle to shoplifting is justifiable while a shoplifter may not. Where do you draw the line? I would suggest you draw the line at the point someone breaks the law.

You sad twats would have enjoyed living in Nazi Germany. You think that putting people in prison for not paying parking fines that are extortionate and not necessary in the first place is good policy? FFS sake no wonder the island is in such a frigging mess of pointless regulations and stupid tinpot arseholes enforcing pointless regulations.

• Like 1