Unpaid Parking Fines - Your Car Will Be Taken By Government

It'd be better going back to when you got a lovely 3 day break in 99 Victoria road for non payment of fines!!

You advocate prison for non payment of parking fines? Dick! Criminalising the pointlessness of Manx parking regulations. Anyone who suggests that would be progress needs their head testing.

In what way are the regulations pointless?

They are all valid, and there for a reason. Break the law, get caught, pay the fine. If you can't be arsed to pay the fine, expect it to be taken further.

You obviously don't think it's justified, but I do. You might think applying the same principle to shoplifting is justifiable while a shoplifter may not. Where do you draw the line? I would suggest you draw the line at the point someone breaks the law.

You sad twats would have enjoyed living in Nazi Germany. You think that putting people in prison for not paying parking fines that are extortionate and not necessary in the first place is good policy? FFS sake no wonder the island is in such a frigging mess of pointless regulations and stupid tinpot arseholes enforcing pointless regulations.

Explain to me why the parking regulations are pointless. Maybe you can make me see your point of view.

I can see valid reason for all the parking regs in town, but you obviously have valid reasons and a reasoned argument to disagree?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What drivel. That just means the registered keeper is not necessarily the vehicle owner. You can use other means to prove ownership.

No its not it is just proper enforcement of the law.   About time they got serious with people who refuse to pay their fines.   If you dont like it, dont commit the offense in the first place, its

One hopes that they have done their homework on this in advance and looked at how many long term fines are outstanding and cars involved otherwise in typical IOMG style we will probably find that the

It'd be better going back to when you got a lovely 3 day break in 99 Victoria road for non payment of fines!!

You advocate prison for non payment of parking fines? Dick! Criminalising the pointlessness of Manx parking regulations. Anyone who suggests that would be progress needs their head testing.

In what way are the regulations pointless?

They are all valid, and there for a reason. Break the law, get caught, pay the fine. If you can't be arsed to pay the fine, expect it to be taken further.

You obviously don't think it's justified, but I do. You might think applying the same principle to shoplifting is justifiable while a shoplifter may not. Where do you draw the line? I would suggest you draw the line at the point someone breaks the law.

You sad twats would have enjoyed living in Nazi Germany. You think that putting people in prison for not paying parking fines that are extortionate and not necessary in the first place is good policy? FFS sake no wonder the island is in such a frigging mess of pointless regulations and stupid tinpot arseholes enforcing pointless regulations.

Explain to me why the parking regulations are pointless. Maybe you can make me see your point of view.

I can see valid reason for all the parking regs in town, but you obviously have valid reasons and a reasoned argument to disagree?

Douglas does not have a parking problem - it has a parking enforcement problem as there is no shortage off street spaces and no shortage of multi story spaces just too many ticket writing muppets ripping you off. As Boredom said above being 4 minutes over on your disc is not a crime and should certainly not result in a £60 parking ticket. It is state licensed robbery and achieves nothing. The people are not parking dangerously or causing a nuisance it is a minor breach of rules that are fairly pointless in the first place.

I am absolutely stupified that anyone would be thick enough to think that some low income worker who can't afford to pay a £60 fine should get sent to prison for 3 days, have a conviction on his record, then have to disclose this on any job application, and basically have his career options dramatically curtailed because the state wanted to steal £60 off him for parking for 5 minutes too long. It is morally objectional and downright wrong that any society should act like that - and anyone who supports or suggests that prison is a suitable remedy for that is severely retarded.

Edited by hboy
  • Like 1

Douglas does not have a parking problem - it has a parking enforcement problem as there is no shortage off street spaces and no shortage of multi story spaces just too many ticket writing muppets ripping them off. As Boredom said above being 4 minutes over on your disc is not a crime and should certainly not result in a £60 parking ticket. It is state licensed robbery and achieves nothing. The people are not parking dangerously or causing a nuisance it is a minor breach of rules that are fairly pointless in the first place.

I am absolutely stupified that anyone would be thick enough to think that some low income worker who can't afford to pay a £60 fine should get sent to prison for 3 days, have a conviction on his record, then have to disclose this on any job application, and basically have his career options dramatically curtailed because the state wanted to steal £60 off him for parking for 5 minutes too long. It is morally objectional and downright wrong that any society should act like that and anyone who supports that is severely retarded.

So where would you draw the line in Your example? At what point do you issue a ticket? 4 minutes, 10, 20, 300.

What about drink driving . Do you let people off at 5% over, 10, 50, 400?

Rules are there for a reason. With no cut off point people will take the piss. Break the rules, pay the fine. What's the problem?

Edited by trmpton

Douglas does not have a parking problem - it has a parking enforcement problem as there is no shortage off street spaces and no shortage of multi story spaces just too many ticket writing muppets ripping them off. As Boredom said above being 4 minutes over on your disc is not a crime and should certainly not result in a £60 parking ticket. It is state licensed robbery and achieves nothing. The people are not parking dangerously or causing a nuisance it is a minor breach of rules that are fairly pointless in the first place.

I am absolutely stupified that anyone would be thick enough to think that some low income worker who can't afford to pay a £60 fine should get sent to prison for 3 days, have a conviction on his record, then have to disclose this on any job application, and basically have his career options dramatically curtailed because the state wanted to steal £60 off him for parking for 5 minutes too long. It is morally objectional and downright wrong that any society should act like that and anyone who supports that is severely retarded.

So where would you draw the line in Your example? At what point do you issue a ticket? 4 minutes, 10, 20, 300.

Rules are there for a reason. With no cut off point people will take the piss. Break the rules, pay the fine. What's the problem?

Drink drinking puts lives at risk and can kill. How is that in anyway on the same scale as legally and soberly parking in a safe parking place in a multi storey carpark and staying 10 minutes too long? If you need that difference pointing out to you then you are thicker than you already sound. Some kid who earns £150 a week gets a £60 fine from this government that is more than a third of his weekly wage and can't pay it - so people want to fuck his life up forever by jailing him for 3 days and giving him a crimminal record? Its completely insane to suggest that any remedy for anything.

Edited by hboy
  • Like 1

Unless your a traffic warden, the simplest answer is to have free parking available at certain designated sites. Have free park and ride and make the prom a no park zone.

Unfortunately, that isn't a money generator and therefore unlikely to happen.

I can agree with hboy on this as fully agree that no-one should go to prison for petty crimes.... Having said that, I'd be surprised if there's two people currently in the news who don't go to jail, which to me, would clearly emphasise a two tier system of those who are connected and those who do not.

I look forward to seeing how this is reflected in comparison to other lesser crimes.

Edited by manxy

Drink drinking puts lives at risk and can kill. How is that in anyway on the same scale as legally and soberly parking in a safe parking place in a multi storey carpark and staying 10 minutes too long? If you need that difference pointing out to you then you are thicker than you already sound. Some kid who earns £150 a week gets a £60 fine from this government that is more than a third of his weekly wage and can't pay it - so people want to fuck his life up forever by jailing him for 3 days and giving him a crimminal record? Its completely insane to suggest that any remedy for anything.

But it's a rule, there for a reason, the same as the drink driving limit.

If we ignore one we ignore the other. You can't leave these things to personal ideas of what is and what isn't wrong. I don't have an issue with people going over their time by 4 minutes, but people should know tha if they do, hey have gone over the imposed limit and will be fined. It's not then their choice if they pay the fine or not.

Incidentally, I have not been thick enough to go over the limit in a pay and display. If I am not sure if I can do wha I need to do in a given time slot, I make sure I pay for a bit more time. If I didn't I would full expect to get a ticket.

But it's a rule, there for a reason, the same as the drink driving limit.

If we ignore one we ignore the other. You can't leave these things to personal ideas of what is and what isn't wrong. I don't have an issue with people going over their time by 4 minutes, but people should know tha if they do, hey have gone over the imposed limit and will be fined. It's not then their choice if they pay the fine or not.

Incidentally, I have not been thick enough to go over the limit in a pay and display. If I am not sure if I can do wha I need to do in a given time slot, I make sure I pay for a bit more time. If I didn't I would full expect to get a ticket.

I give up - as I said idiots like you would love living in Nazi Germany. Lots of pointless rules to police and you would even get to shoot people who transgress them wearing your big hat. No wonder the Island is in such a complete and utter mess if people like you are actually allowed to vote! If you have not noticed the government is a few hundred million in the red and we are cutting back on health and education and all sorts of services but there are people like you THICK enough to think that traffic enforcement should even be on anyones radar. Its pointless and irrelevant in the context of the real issues affecting the population and jailing people for not paying fines that border on the criminal is not the way to achieve anything.

Enforcement of all types should be on the radar. You still haven't explained why the Parkn regulations ar "pointless".

Should we just let everyone park in town for as long as they like and cripple all the shops? Should we just let people bypass the rules they don't think are justified?

• Like 1

A parking fine would not result in a criminal record and destroy lives as you once again dramatise an issue. it is irrelevant of whatever you do to be fined the fact is you don't pay it, then it's prison. If your on a low income you'd be on a bus or walking, because lets be honest it isn't cheap to drive these days. I am a driver, I do get angry if I get a ticket, but with myself. I overstayed, I forgot my disc.... So I then pay the fine. Quite simple really.

I can feel your tension from here hboy, you need to slow down a bit, relax a little, maybe a massage off mrs hboy

• Like 1

Oh my God. I thought brainwashed people like this were just the stuff of urban legends but they really do exist. The sad thing is, they think they're 'normal' as well and it's everyone else who is weird.

Edited by Lxxx

A parking fine would not result in a criminal record and destroy lives as you once again dramatise an issue. it is irrelevant of whatever you do to be fined the fact is you don't pay it, then it's prison. If your on a low income you'd be on a bus or walking, because lets be honest it isn't cheap to drive these days. I am a driver, I do get angry if I get a ticket, but with myself. I overstayed, I forgot my disc.... So I then pay the fine. Quite simple really.

I can feel your tension from here hboy, you need to slow down a bit, relax a little, maybe a massage off mrs hboy

People who think like you are destroying this Island. Complacency is killing this place stone dead - you will accept every stupid rule, shit decision, bad policy or any other pile of crap we bring in to copy the UK because your fucking sheep. The Manx used to be proudly beligerent but as there are hardly any Manx left what else should we expect. Stupid English comeovers with stupid English views turning this place into any other over regulated stupid English town is all we can expect.

Edited by hboy
  • Like 1

I'd watch it if I were you, you're making far too much sense. You might make the robots get a bit of cognitive dissonance and their heads will blow off.

People who think like you are destroying this Island. Complacency is killing this place stone dead - you will accept every stupid rule, shit decision, bad policy or any other pile of crap we bring in to copy the UK because your fucking sheep. The Manx used to be proudly beligerent but as there are hardly any Manx left what else should we expect. Stupid English comeovers with stupid English views turning this place into any other over regulated stupid English town is all we can expect.

Why are the parking restrictions "stupid rules"? You obviously don't agree with them, but you still haven't given a reason why we would be better off without them.

Why are the parking restrictions "stupid rules"? You obviously don't agree with them, but you still haven't given a reason why we would be better off without them.

Oh fuck off who can be bothered arguing with a robot ...

• Like 1