Unpaid Parking Fines - Your Car Will Be Taken By Government

A parking fine would not result in a criminal record and destroy lives as you once again dramatise an issue. it is irrelevant of whatever you do to be fined the fact is you don't pay it, then it's prison. If your on a low income you'd be on a bus or walking, because lets be honest it isn't cheap to drive these days. I am a driver, I do get angry if I get a ticket, but with myself. I overstayed, I forgot my disc.... So I then pay the fine. Quite simple really.

I can feel your tension from here hboy, you need to slow down a bit, relax a little, maybe a massage off mrs hboy

People who think like you are destroying this Island. Complacency is killing this place stone dead - you will accept every stupid rule, shit decision, bad policy or any other pile of crap we bring in to copy the UK because your fucking sheep. The Manx used to be proudly beligerent but as there are hardly any Manx left what else should we expect. Stupid English comeovers with stupid English views turning this place into any other over regulated stupid English town is all we can expect.

Why are the parking restrictions "stupid rules"? You obviously don't agree with them, but you still haven't given a reason why we would be better off without them.

Oh fuck off who can be bothered arguing with a robot ...

Well done.

Give me a valid reason why we shouldn't have parking restrictions and enforce them and you might convince me that you are right.

Appears you either can't be arsed, or realise you are being a dick.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What drivel. That just means the registered keeper is not necessarily the vehicle owner. You can use other means to prove ownership.

No its not it is just proper enforcement of the law.   About time they got serious with people who refuse to pay their fines.   If you dont like it, dont commit the offense in the first place, its

One hopes that they have done their homework on this in advance and looked at how many long term fines are outstanding and cars involved otherwise in typical IOMG style we will probably find that the

Your not only extremely tetchy but very rude to boot. The point to the thread is your car will be impounded if you don't pay the parking fine. My response, about 3 days up the road, was initially a jokey comment as to how far this great island used to go, only a couple of years ago as it happens. Then as per you take it up another level with a bit of abuse, I actually agree to your point that we do get shafted in many ways, parking fines being one of them, along with road tax, petrol costs etc... I then stated that if your fined for whatever reason, not necessarily criminal reasons, dog fouling, fly tipping, non payment of child maintenance, you must pay up or accept the next level of punishment which ultimately is prison. Moral of the story just pay the bloody fine!!!!

Hope I can help and calm Hboy down, the warrant for imprisonment for non payment of fixed Penalty tickets is not there, It used to be on the old Parking fines bit that was some time ago. So Hboy you can sleep easy as no one is getting banged up for not paying a Fixed Penalty FIne.

The new proposals forcars to be siezed and held are in respect of repeat offenders, I know of 1 personwho has a vey large number of outstanding tickets! If you recieve a ticket and don't pay it before it's handed to the Coroners, then you can speak to the Coroner who will in most cases be able to accept payments by way of instalments.

There are some people who think that rules do not apply to them - one I have seen in the past regularly parked on double yellow lines, and stuck an old parking ticket on their windscreen when they left the car! I don't know what made them think that this made them exempt, and I'm sure most traffic wardens would be able to work out whether the displayed ticket was recent!

If everyone parked on double yellow lines, road junctions, etc., traffic would soon come to a standstill.

These people are not being clever, but very selfish, like those who regularly park on disabled spots when they are perfectly capable of walking the extra few yards.

A parking fine would not result in a criminal record and destroy lives as you once again dramatise an issue. it is irrelevant of whatever you do to be fined the fact is you don't pay it, then it's prison. If your on a low income you'd be on a bus or walking, because lets be honest it isn't cheap to drive these days. I am a driver, I do get angry if I get a ticket, but with myself. I overstayed, I forgot my disc.... So I then pay the fine. Quite simple really.

I can feel your tension from here hboy, you need to slow down a bit, relax a little, maybe a massage off mrs hboy

People who think like you are destroying this Island. Complacency is killing this place stone dead - you will accept every stupid rule, shit decision, bad policy or any other pile of crap we bring in to copy the UK because your fucking sheep. The Manx used to be proudly beligerent but as there are hardly any Manx left what else should we expect. Stupid English comeovers with stupid English views turning this place into any other over regulated stupid English town is all we can expect.

Why are the parking restrictions "stupid rules"? You obviously don't agree with them, but you still haven't given a reason why we would be better off without them.

Well done.

Give me a valid reason why we shouldn't have parking restrictions and enforce them and you might convince me that you are right.

I'm going to ignore the whole jail time thing for parking tickets (but +1 to Hboy for enacting Godwins Law....on a parking ticket thread no less)

Thing is, I seem to remember having this conversation with Hboy a couple of years back. He was pissing and moaning about getting a ticket outside government house for whatever reason. He was just as hostile then when it was pointed out the only person to blame for getting a parking ticket was not the person who wrote the ticket, but Hboy himself.

The only people who tend to call parking tickets "revenue generation" are those who have been ticketed themselves. Its so bloody simple, if no-one parked illegally, there would be no tickets. As I have saod before, its an idiot tax.

(Queue foamy mouth explitive ridden response from Hboy)

Well done.

I'm going to ignore the whole jail time thing for parking tickets (but +1 to Hboy for enacting Godwins Law....on a parking ticket thread no less)

Thing is, I seem to remember having this conversation with Hboy a couple of years back. He was pissing and moaning about getting a ticket outside government house for whatever reason. He was just as hostile then when it was pointed out the only person to blame for getting a parking ticket was not the person who wrote the ticket, but Hboy himself.

The only people who tend to call parking tickets "revenue generation" are those who have been ticketed themselves. Its so bloody simple, if no-one parked illegally, there would be no tickets. As I have saod before, its an idiot tax.

(Queue foamy mouth explitive ridden response from Hboy)

That wasn't me MDO and I don't recall ever moaning about a ticket. I object to the system but I have rarely had a parking ticket myself I just despise such a pathetic badly managed system that does nothing to ease parking and everything to steal money off motorists. Thanks, as always, for proving that you're a bigger angrier dick than most people on here. As for rabidly foaming at the mouth that's usually your trick you sad pathetic excuse for a human being.

Edited by hboy
  • Like 1

Has Ramsey traffic regulation improved since the introduction of chevron parking and the ensuing invasion by traffic wardens? No.Quite the contrary. There are now many added hazards. What has happened is that coffers are swelling and Ramsey businesses are having to contend with regeneration works and hyper parking attendants. Result? Businesses are suffering.

But if you think it's good and for our benefit well I guess you are the sort that likes following orders even when they don't make sense and have obviously been invented to improve revenue whilst having a negative effect on traffic flow and safety. But your country needs you. Those who blindly follow orders are essential to keep the power control in place.

Has Ramsey traffic regulation improved since the introduction of chevron parking and the ensuing invasion by traffic wardens? No.Quite the contrary. There are now many added hazards. What has happened is that coffers are swelling and Ramsey businesses are having to contend with regeneration works and hyper parking attendants. Result? Businesses are suffering.

But if you think it's good and for our benefit well I guess you are the sort that likes following orders even when they don't make sense and have obviously been invented to improve revenue whilst having a negative effect on traffic flow and safety. But your country needs you. Those who blindly follow orders are essential to keep the power control in place.

Edited by boswellian
  • Like 1

steal money off motorists.

How is it stealing? You park illegally, you get fined. If you dont park illegally, surprisingly enough you don't get fined...shocking isn't it?

"Thanks, as always, for proving that you're a bigger angrier dick than most people on here. As for rabidly foaming at the mouth that's usually your trick you sad pathetic excuse for a human being." - Oh look, the foamy mouth explitive resposnse I was expecting.

The idea of town center parking limits and regualtion is to be fair and to stop some people from parking in the same spot all day and stopping others from parking. Its supposed to keep teh supply of spaces flowing and rotating

There are lost of long term spaces so why, if you need a long term space, park in a short term space

There is no prison for fixed penalties.

Many people who get multiple tickets ignore them, others pay and others observe the rules, not enforcing discriminates agauinst those who observe or who pay up

The initiative also covers cars which arre just abandoned, allowing them to be removed. That is for the benefit of all legitimate motorists and pedestrians

• Like 2

Really Lxxx. Whoever they may be employed by, if they are outsourced, the fines,do not go to G4S but to Government, they are paid to the Fines Office by cheques to IOM Government. Have you a link to confirm its outsiourced to G4S? Or tat G4S get the money collected