Motorhome/campervan Parking

Oh dear. They are not outside houses. The law has been changed but people already own them. And if you have a consultation then because there are more people who dont own the vans than people who do, its clearly not a fair consultation.

If you are going to post then please post something useful.

But maybe is a representative one of the population as a whole.

In our area we have had motorhomes owned by none area residents dumped outside our houses with some regularity. They're irritating in the extreme and some are as aesthetically pleasing as a skip.

I'll say what I want on here by the way. So I suggest that you may wish to aim your orders towards someone may give a damn?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

very true, really pisses me off that one, i love to take the young fella out camping and light a small controlled fire to cook on, but Its the same old rambler brigade making the same old noises and b

A campervan IS a dual purpose vehicle, would like to see someone argue against that.   If its a coach sized vehicle I could see the argument but if its the same size as a Transit van...........

If you think camper vans are badly done to you want to try owning a tent! Not allowed to pitch on the Ayres, Mooragh Park, even need a bloody permit for the Claddagh these days! Seems campers are not

Posted Images

I share some of your views,in as much as there should be a reasonable limitation on what size of vehicles are parked in residential areas,but to pass legislation without an alternative parking scheme is unacceptable.

As I have said earlier I see no justifiable reason why people who own small van based campers should be denied residential permits,providing the vehicle is frequently used and isn't left parked for weeks on end.

Oh dear. They are not outside houses. The law has been changed but people already own them. And if you have a consultation then because there are more people who dont own the vans than people who do, its clearly not a fair consultation.

If you are going to post then please post something useful.

So sorry that only your views are useful--Dont forget you started this topic because you didn't like the fact that you might have to move your van. It seems that the law may have been changed because the majority of people who responded dont want large vehicles parked in their streets. Obviously the street you live in doesn't and quite honestly i dont think many others would welcome so many large vehicles either. I'm sure that many residents of this area will probably be contacting the authorities to see if the law has changed and if these vans can be moved. Thanks for bringing it to our attention .

I would draw the line in legal terms ie. if the vehicle is within in the legal limits to park in residential areas then fine . if it is outside those limits them expect the law to be enforced . If the law has changed because the majority wanted it changed then surely that is democracy.

The particular area of Onchan that has become the focus of this is due to the fact that people from all over have been parking vehicles--mainly motorhomes - for months at a time and has been causing the residents a lot of problems . Because a dozen or more vans park along a stretch of road next to OnchanPark and the tennis courts then there are few spaces for visitors etc, So people visiting the park then have to park all along Belgravia Road, causing the residents to have to park some distance away.

The fact that these vans are not parked directly in front of houses is irrelevant because it forces other car visitors to the area to have to take the spaces that residents would hope to use.

I'm not convinced there was any democracy involved in the changes to legislation,or ever have been,and I certainly don't agree with unreasonable legislation that includes every owner of a small van based camper being excluded from residential parking.

To adopt the principle 'it's the law therefore it must be right' without question seems a bit of naive justification to me.

Final words from me on the subject.

Thanks to Lisenchuk for your objective participation in the debate.

I had intended to make alternative arrangements and the intention of my posting was to clarify the legal position and to find assistance in doing so but actually others here have merely resolved me to not move the vehicle.

Carry on camping!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Well spotted, would that mishtake make the notice legal? I wonder.

As for where to park, I don't know where you live so can't answer. All I suggested was that you follow the advice. The rest is up to you, you bought the thing so you must have researched the subject, if not then more fool you.

It's what the police put on vehicles to shut up neighbours who complain, I've had some when I parked my artic up at lunchtime..(Don't blame them though, it was huuuuuge.