Good Job On Tyres

Yeah they are good at national but too busy lol, that why i usually pop down and see the lads on the quay.

Both very good firms and never had a prob with em

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Neil at National tires ftw. The shop doesn't look the best, but the boys really do a professional job. Good prices too. Highly reccommend them

+1 for National Tyres.

Derby Square, National Tyres - never, ever a problem.

I tried National tyres today and I can see they have a lot of thumbs up from people on here - give them there due they where very busy but after standing in the office for 10 minutes awaiting somebody's attention and a further 5 minutes stood by the garage entrance being completely ignored I got in my car and drove off.

A simple "I'll be with you as soon as I can mate" would have pacified me

It is saturday, not full staff and neal the boss is away,, hey are busy for a reason.

Am I allowed to pinpoint the useless bastards on here without getting into trouble?

I have used a garage in Ramsey to buy tyres and never had an issue, But there are 3 garages in Ramsey and i'm unsure which one you mean. I've had an issue with one, but it isn't a back street garage?

I tried National tyres today and I can see they have a lot of thumbs up from people on here - give them there due they where very busy but after standing in the office for 10 minutes awaiting somebody's attention and a further 5 minutes stood by the garage entrance being completely ignored I got in my car and drove off.

Funny that as I had the exact same thing about 2 years ago after being recommended to try them, I stood for around 10 minutes, said a loud 'Well fuck you then' and I went to GBM tyres instead where at the time it actually worked out cheaper!

It is saturday, not full staff and neal the boss is away,, hey are busy for a reason.

Funny that as I had the exact same thing about 2 years ago after being recommended to try them, I stood for around 10 minutes, said a loud 'Well fuck you then' and I went to GBM tyres instead where at the time it actually worked out cheaper!

If this is the one on the Quay in Doolish, first there is NEVER an excuse for lack of 'basic' social skills..even IF the main man is away.

I also had exactly the same experience of being absolutely and totally ignored.

It is a customer facing business, get this aspect wrong and you simply don't get repeat business....very very shortsighted.

It also is very harmfull to that all important aspect, 'tradesman trust' where most of 'Joe Public' rely on the integrity and honesty of those looking after their 'four wheeled piece of engineering'

Trust begins with simple manners and respect.....so there!!(no emoticons of irony available!!)

I recently got a couple of tyres at ATS on the quay. They were about 12 quid more expensive per tyre than the cheapest I could find online from a trusted name. (For the exact same product) The price however included fitting and balancing so in my opinion a good price for a local service which was both prompt and friendly. No complaints from me. Unlike at National in Derby Square, where like others I too have been left standing like an idiot to the point of walking out. How good can a company be to justify that? After all, all they do is take wheels off and put tyres on them. And put the wheels back on again. I'm struggling to understand how so many people can judge them to be so much better at this incredibly simple task than other firms.

• Like 1

I recently got a couple of tyres at ATS on the quay. They were about 12 quid more expensive per tyre than the cheapest I could find online from a trusted name. (For the exact same product) The price however included fitting and balancing so in my opinion a good price for a local service which was both prompt and friendly. No complaints from me. Unlike at National in Derby Square, where like others I too have been left standing like an idiot to the point of walking out. How good can a company be to justify that? After all, all they do is take wheels off and put tyres on them. And put the wheels back on again. I'm struggling to understand how so many people can judge them to be so much better at this incredibly simple task than other firms.

Trouble I've found with ATS,although admittedly their other branch when it was there, is that they always try & sell you more than you want. You go in for a couple of tyres they'll also tell you the other 3 are on or near the legal limit to scare you into getting them done too. If you go in for a back box for your exhaust they'll tell you the rest is rotten too.

Now I'm all for doing a good thorough job, but after having this every time I went in & seeing some of the tyres they told me needed replacing (which had atleast six months left on them) I decided to go to a garage who's advice I could trust.

I was just reading about GBM oddly enough:

http://www.gov.im/registries/Tribunals/employment_decisions.xml

Those Tribunal write-ups give a good insights as to how much some companies care about doing a good job:

"On Wednesday the 4th April 2012 the Claimant was sacked at the end of the day allegedly because of a customer complaint. The allegation was that a

customer had complained that one of the wheels of his car had not been properly secured"

"The Tribunal noted that in spite of being a trainee the Claimant's work had not been checked"

i've stood there for a while too, once,and this is i think why. there isn't ONE office person, they all seem to be in and out and the person with empty hands answers the phone. if you can't be bothered to communicate with next face that passes you, to make them aware that you haven't yet been spoken to and explained what you want, you only have yourself to blame.

• Like 1

Oh well that's ok then - when the boss is away everything falls to shit - Neal put your foot in your staffs arse and teach them some customer relation skills.

You won't be busy if they are not capable of the basics of customer service.

Edited by Punisher

Oh well that's ok then - when the boss is away everything falls to shit - Neal put your foot in your staffs arse and teach them some customer relation skills.

You won't be busy if they are not capable of the basics of customer service.

sure he will be gutted to lose such a polite customer