Manx Radio And The Interlopers

Or that. Either way, BS clearly detected. No point continuing the charade.

It wouldn't diminish the validity of what he has to say if he told us which station (Energy or 3) he works for, in fact it would add weight to his contributions as someone who actually knows the industry
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simple fact - Google radio stations and you'll find millions you can listen to. You can find every kind of content you want, every kind of music - and two local stations are absolutely no different fr

Why don't energy and 3fm just pack up - they're both a load of shite anyway - and leave the advertising revenue for MR?

I'd be worried if I was Stu. RB and JT might want a piece of his coffee shop action and want to introduce their own coffee shops into his business.   The theoretical and tongue-in-cheek RBJT propos

Posted Images

Or that. Either way, BS clearly detected. No point continuing the charade.

It wouldn't diminish the validity of what he has to say if he told us which station (Energy or 3) he works for, in fact it would add weight to his contributions as someone who actually knows the industry

Methinks I detect a paradox in that final statement.

Methinks I detect a paradox in that final statement.

is that because I work for Manx Radio? or was it Isle of Man Newspapers? or the police? or the civil service? I can't keep up - express a view in support of something and you must work there...

Dear oh dear! I have to thank Tugger (of all people!biggrin.png ) for explaining what I meant. Really, Censorship, you must beware of seeing everything revolve around you personally or you'll end up like LDV!

Back on topic - I was driving out of Shaw's Brow this evening whan what did I see before me but a fine looking new coffee shop on Athol St in an advanced stage of preparation for an imminent opening.

Does anyone know anything about it? I think it's called Coffee Express Exchange.

Edited by Bobbie Bobster

Bobbie, did your employer know you were looking at things and wondering, when in fact you should have been thinking of tomorrow's (no doubt) honest toil? They might accuse you of stealing from them, apparently.

Would love to meet MF posters at the shop, balaclavas or not (no free coffee though). Funnily enough, two of our suppliers (people I've only just met) are regulars here on the forums, which is nice. We're hoping to open properly next Monday, if the water and electrics are both working by that time.

Sarahc - we thought that too, but we have a superb location on Athol Street surrounded by offices full of people who will appreciate a fast latte and doorstep toast to go in the morning, and somewhere to meet during the day. Wouldn't have considered it on Strand St/Victoria St. We're aiming at business people and aiming for the holy trinity - good local products, fast efficient service and friendly staff. Children under 16 and disagreeable people would be banned if we had that option.

Funny guy - I thought of you today! One of the suppliers turned up with the cleaning chemicals and was talking about R2 and D10 and I imagined you wheeling around in your wheely bin with a mop clicking and beeping in morse code.

Stu, I take it there would be no problem with prams and dogs tied up outside? Or are you going to adopt that silly rule of many eateries to refuse to heat up a baby's bottle or pureed mush? It just that your establishment is kind of on our way home and we may like to drop anchor while one of us enjoys a latte for an hour or two accompanied by several friends and their below-school-age offspring taking up a couple of tables. Or are you pitching for a different clientele?

Stu, I take it there would be no problem with prams and dogs tied up outside? Or are you going to adopt that silly rule of many eateries to refuse to heat up a baby's bottle or pureed mush? It just that your establishment is kind of on our way home and we may like to drop anchor while one of us enjoys a latte for an hour or two accompanied by several friends and their below-school-age offspring taking up a couple of tables. Or are you pitching for a different clientele?

Stu, a whole new world of pain awaits.