Manx Radio And The Interlopers

Clearly you're not with your hilarious name changes. "Turd FM" oh you're a card.

I quite like Energy as it happens. I don't listen to it loads but I listen to it far more than the other 2.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simple fact - Google radio stations and you'll find millions you can listen to. You can find every kind of content you want, every kind of music - and two local stations are absolutely no different fr

Why don't energy and 3fm just pack up - they're both a load of shite anyway - and leave the advertising revenue for MR?

I'd be worried if I was Stu. RB and JT might want a piece of his coffee shop action and want to introduce their own coffee shops into his business.   The theoretical and tongue-in-cheek RBJT propos

Posted Images

I wonder how much MR are getting paid for this:

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=64975

Yet another Government subsity for a loss making radio station.

Bollox, Fact!

The Island of Culture is not financed by the government at all, all money comes from the private sector. MR are obviously lending the name.

Every thought about finding out the facts for yourself or are you just a cardboard keyboard warrior?

I wonder how much MR are getting paid for this:

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=64975

Yet another Government subsity for a loss making radio station.

Bollox, Fact!

The Island of Culture is not financed by the government at all, all money comes from the private sector. MR are obviously lending the name.

Every thought about finding out the facts for yourself or are you just a cardboard keyboard warrior?

It is, Department of Community, Culture! Fact.

What I should have said is many events don't get money, reading about available funding doesn't tie in with the statement on MR a week or two ago when one of the orgainsers said there was no money from IOM gov.

Then again the Sefton group hasn't been illegally rescued, Pineword is a dead-cert to bring in money and...

Cobblers

What I should have said is many events don't get money, reading about available funding doesn't tie in with the statement on MR a week or two ago when one of the orgainsers said there was no money from IOM gov.

Then again the Sefton group hasn't been illegally rescued, Pineword is a dead-cert to bring in money and...

Cobblers

you just a cardboard keyboard warrior

Celebrating all that is great about the Isle of Man. Including the Liverpool Philharmonic.

Erm...

My thoughts exactly; only more of the same. Carry on with what you're doing, and we'll bring over some really interesting metropolitan types to give the locals a few tips and for the great and the good of Mann to rub shoulders with and drink champagne. Then it will all be as you were; the 'Year of Culture' will have blown long thousands of pounds to little effect except to further inflate the egos and polish the vowels of the usual people, not a jot of real difference will have been made to Manx culture and the Arts, and everything will be back where it started.

hope and expect this position will be entirely funded by advertising revenue

New appointment at Manx Radio

Published online at 01/05/2013 13:25:22
INIKELLY%20SMITH%20SENIOR%20BUSINESS%20D

Manx Radio has appointed a new senior business development executive to its sales team, as it approaches its 50th anniversary.

Kelly Smith has joined from Beckmann Visual Publishing in Ramsey, where she was sales and marketing director, and brings years of international experience to her new role.

As well as leading a sales team and managing the global distribution of Beckmann’s products, she was responsible for managing relationships with its key suppliers and industry journalists.

Prior to this, Kelly spent five years at Duke Marketing as International Sales Executive where she had responsibility for the global sales and promotion of its motorsport products and programmes, and with Mannin Media working with its magazine and publishing division.

In her new role, she will look after the strategic advertising, marketing and promotional requirements of Manx Radio’s Island-wide network of business clients.

Curious as to how many folks are in the senior executive team nowadays....

There is no money to live broadcast Roamin' CoMin or Parliamentary Committees

The priorities just seem bonkers to me

Am I alone?

No money for the two Charlies on the commentary team but yet another addition to the dream team up on the Head. What salary are they going to be paying her I wonder and what will be the real added value besides further managerial vanity ? Two weeks ago they had no money.