Manx Radio And The Interlopers

woolley

Mental Mike - I think I've mentioned my coffee shop twice in the last six months because it was relevant to what we were talking about (employment, planning consent, local economy, consumer trends) and only then in passing. I've also read out a couple of texts from people asking about it, but didn't use any of the opportunities to 'plug' the new business as much as I probably could have done. You clearly have a bee in your bonnet (tinfoil helmet?) about that, and have fantasised about an entire disciplinary process that you'd love to witness.

Tell you what, instead of snide comments here, why don't you write an official letter of complaint to Mr Pugh. Perhaps you can tell him how to do his job too? Or better still, get a life, you loser.

I have heard you on several occasions plugging it and I dont listen every day. Certainly if I was a coffee shop owner it would put me off advertising with Manx Radio even though the overall running costs are subsidised by the tax payer. This is different to the free advertising that Alex Brindley gives the groudle railway because your coffee shop is not a charity. What would be the point of complaining to Mr Pugh? We cant even find out what he is being paid even though the tax payer pumps in over a million pounds plus every year, year in year out to the station and yet he feels hard done to.

I don't remember Stu or anyone saying that the new Coffee Express is in Athol Street (assuming it is there). I have heard the adverts though, and there's no mention of Stu.

Orbit - I vaguely remember mentioning 'my shop' in the context of what we were discussing yesterday. I think if YOU listen again you'll realise I didn't say what it was, where it was or what it's called.

Let me know what you find so that one of us can apologise.

Just heard the young fellow at MR doing the bungee. It would have made great radio if they'd sent Stu too. He has that kind of "out there" attitude to everything. I wonder if he'd have avoided swearing too. Maybe later in the week? Stu?