Manx Radio And The Interlopers

Border T.V. good ? You must be joking. They'd often lead with stories like 'Postman drops his letters in Hawick on way to deliver them' and other such earth shattering stuff. It used to be the bane of my sulky teenage years, having to watch that. Makes me shudder just remembering it....

Border TV was rather like the IOM - a few steps removed from the rest of the world.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simple fact - Google radio stations and you'll find millions you can listen to. You can find every kind of content you want, every kind of music - and two local stations are absolutely no different fr

Why don't energy and 3fm just pack up - they're both a load of shite anyway - and leave the advertising revenue for MR?

I'd be worried if I was Stu. RB and JT might want a piece of his coffee shop action and want to introduce their own coffee shops into his business.   The theoretical and tongue-in-cheek RBJT propos

Posted Images

Wednesday It's European football night. One of the big English teams are meeting a big-name Spanish team. It's the clash of the week. You've been looking forward to it all day.

7.20pm. You sit down, flick number 3 on the TV remote and see that Coronation Street is on early. Good good, all going to plan. The end titles roll, you open a beer and settle back into the armchair.

Then - HORROR. Jim Whyte appears. Something must be wrong. What's happening? The players on the pitch are wearing blue, not red. Ally McCoist and some bloke called Frank are being asked questions about Cowdenbeath and Partick Thistle.

Argghh. Border TV have struck. They've made one of their legendary 'editorial' decisions, had a Lookaround and put their mast north of the border. They're showing Rangers in the tin-pot cup. Quick, on the roof, move the ariel. Try and get the faint signal from Granada. Or get the radio out and try and get Radio 2 on MW (intermittent, have to keep retuning between the two frequencies).

Night ruined.

How things have changed.

• Like 1

I remember this guy. He used to read out the birthday cards and then toss them behind his back as though they were so much garbage. He was quite funny, but I would not have guessed at that time that he had strong analytical skills.

This guy Myers who is getting paid to do yet another report into Manx Radio...

Any relation to Mike Myers? Maybe his report will say: "Manx Radio should have one million pounds in subvention...no...wait...one billion pounds! Muhahahahahaha!!!"

I understand that a week after the announcement that this UK media mogul guy is to look into the running of the Manx Radio station they are now going to interview him on Manx Radio, but only because they think it will help their cause to give reason to get rid of Energy FM or 3fm following the video interview today on Manx.net

Note: i understand both the woman in charge of news, Ms Kenny and programme controller Mr Tyley, used to work for this radio man so they should have a good chance to protect their jobs

It seems most presenters have upped their game since the announcement of Mr Myers visit

I understand that a week after the announcement that this UK media mogul guy is to look into the running of the Manx Radio station they are now going to interview him on Manx Radio, but only because they think it will help their cause to give reason to get rid of Energy FM or 3fm following the video interview today on Manx.net

Note: i understand both the woman in charge of news, Ms Kenny and programme controller Mr Tyley, used to work for this radio man so they should have a good chance to protect their jobs

It seems most presenters have upped their game since the announcement of Mr Myers visit

That last statement makes it sound as though you're a very regular listener!

P.S. Reasons to get rid of Energy or 3fm? How many would you like?

Edited by Lonan3

You never know. He might produce a report proposing a new supremo who really knows the industry inside out and when the Gov approve the report he might apply for the job and be installed on the payroll. Nah. Too far fetched!

Nah - not enough money. He's used to million pound paycheques and owning groups of stations. 85,000 people with no expansion potential is unlikely to appeal.

That last statement makes it sound as though you're a very regular listener!

A former employee, more like, who was sacked from Manx Radio. Manx1Bloke's sock puppet. I think there was, at one point, a banning order from MR, wasn't there?