Manx Radio And The Interlopers

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simple fact - Google radio stations and you'll find millions you can listen to. You can find every kind of content you want, every kind of music - and two local stations are absolutely no different fr

Why don't energy and 3fm just pack up - they're both a load of shite anyway - and leave the advertising revenue for MR?

I'd be worried if I was Stu. RB and JT might want a piece of his coffee shop action and want to introduce their own coffee shops into his business.   The theoretical and tongue-in-cheek RBJT propos

Posted Images

flaps - The Public Service Broadcasting Committee isn't made up of those people, they were presumably just giving evidence to it.

The members of the PSBC are actually all MHKs - Ronan (Chair), Rodan and Hall. Sorry can't provide any links as MF's commenting system seems to have stopped the ability to import stuff for me.

flaps - The Public Service Broadcasting Committee isn't made up of those people, they were presumably just giving evidence to it.

The members of the PSBC are actually all MHKs - Ronan (Chair), Rodan and Hall. Sorry can't provide any links as MF's commenting system seems to have stopped the ability to import stuff for me.

Yes. I think it was in response to a proposal from Ron Berry wasn't it? MR were irked that any credence was given to it in the first place given the vested interests involved. Admittedly there are substantial vested interests on both sides of the argument.

Aah, I see. Thanks.

I remember seeing Ron Berry's proposal on manxnet. It was a 40 minute video of his presentation. The gist seemed to be; Give the government money to me instead, and I'll broadcast my iPod on shuffle. That was the impression I got, anyway.

• Like 1

Who cares what Paul Moulton thinks about Manx radio? What has it got to do with him? He's a bloke that makes poor quality internet videos. And Ron Berry now claiming it was just a document to stimulate debate? That's a U turn and a half! It was a forty min power point! I'd hate to have seen a presentation of something he actually wants carrying out?

• Like 2

Who cares what Paul Moulton thinks about Manx radio?

You are of course right, they should only listen to the 'experts' from Manx Radio to get a balanced viewwhatever.gif

Though I do suspect that whatever you may think of Paul Moulton personally or professionally he has a lot more experience in broadcasting than you, and I certainly would have more confidence in him than anyone up at MR at the moment. Also by the sounds of it, his idea that the BBC should be forced to provide a service makes sense, then we may finally get some real journalists and independent editorial decisions, and this leaves space for a commercial operator.

Yes. I think it was in response to a proposal from Ron Berry wasn't it? MR were irked that any credence was given to it in the first place given the vested interests involved. Admittedly there are substantial vested interests on both sides of the argument.

Agreed, of course there is. If you didn't have a vested interest why bother getting involved in the debate?

I still think the emphasis on this is all in the wrong direction - it's the communications commission decisions that should be being looked at, and their decisions to place 3 large fish in what is an advertising goldfish bowl. That always had taxpayer implications.

• Like 2

All vested interests still have to raise valid arguments to justify their standpoint. Of course Ron Berry wants to feather his own nest much like the management of MR want to preserve the status quo (and Ace of Bass), long past its sell by date.

I think you do but for your benefit, the headline says 'Longer Sentences for Sex Offenders' then shows a picture of your mate Juan Watterson.

No, still not seeing a problem

Perhaps my mind works completely differently to everyone else, but I tend to join the headline and the photo immediately before I read any further, after all its Manx Radio so the story is likely to be of no real interest.

So for me it immediately implied that the subject in the photo was the subject of the story.

I think you do but for your benefit, the headline says 'Longer Sentences for Sex Offenders' then shows a picture of your mate Juan Watterson.

No, still not seeing a problem

Perhaps my mind works completely differently to everyone else, but I tend to join the headline and the photo immediately before I read any further, after all its Manx Radio so the story is likely to be of no real interest.

So for me it immediately implied that the subject in the photo was the subject of the story.

I understood, just didn't have a problem with it

• Like 1