Mr Ian Longworth And Mr Nick Black Admit They Are Under Paid

today i was shown a document from the DCCL, that states that mr ian longworth and mr nick black both say that they are under paid for the jobs they do.so we now have what they both think are over paid driver's. and they are under paid managemet.

• Like 1
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, if these two tossers are such high calibre managers, they are welcome to QUIT the public sector; I'm sure some private sector employer will pay them the salary they deserve. I hear McDonalds are

Sarah, I agree with you wholeheartedly. My question (as a cynical old manxman) is: “are the specific grading systems the Civil Service adopt flawed”? I ask because Nick Black for example may well have

What is the yardstick being used to say they are underpaid? Is it relative to the IOM market or is it a comparison with the UK?   If the latter it would also be a good thing to introduce the same id

Mr Black is surely underpaid i agree.

Any ibecile that writes on a DCCL headed letter that "best practice does not have to be undertaken in relation to health and safety contracts when undertaking work" is clearly underpaid.

The mind boggles remind me again how many times he has been shuffled around differend Departments.

today i was shown a document from the DCCL, that states that mr ian longworth and mr nick black both say that they are under paid for the jobs they do.so we now have what they both think are over paid driver's. and they are under paid managemet.

Well, if these two tossers are such high calibre managers, they are welcome to QUIT the public sector; I'm sure some private sector employer will pay them the salary they deserve. I hear McDonalds are always on the look out for new staff.

Edited by Thomas Jefferson
  • Like 5

Ive had staff tell me this several times over the years and the sensible answer is always "If that is true then go and take a chance and work for someone else if you believe I'm not paying you enough". I'm amazed government is thick enough to play these games with people - if you don't think you're paid enough then prove yourself right and f**k off and unlock your true value if that is what you believe it is. Sadly most civil servants cant as they are well overpaid for what they do as nobody in the private sector considers sitting on your ass all day having meetings and creating policy about nothing as part of the job description.

• Like 2

Ive had staff tell me this several times over the years and the sensible answer is always "If that is true then go and take a chance and work for someone else if you believe I'm not paying you enough". I'm amazed government is thick enough to play these games with people - if you don't think you're paid enough then prove yourself right and f**k off and unlock your true value if that is what you believe it is. Sadly most civil servants cant as they are well overpaid for what they do as nobody in the private sector considers sitting on your ass all day having meetings and creating policy about nothing as part of the job description.

You can employ me if you want. I get paid next to nothing, and I am able to do the same workload as at least half a dozen full-time permanent civil servants. I never take vacations or go off sick, and don't have tea, coffee, gossip or smoking breaks throughout the day.

You can employ me if you want. I get paid next to nothing, and I am able to do the same workload as at least half a dozen full-time permanent civil servants. I never take vacations or go off sick, and don't have tea, coffee, gossip or smoking breaks throughout the day.

Sadly you sound like a whinging big girls blouse so i think i might pass on that.

Sadly you sound like a whinging big girls blouse so i think i might pass on that.

I bet you'd pay me even less than these f-ckers, anyway!

I'm underpaid for what I do, haven't had a pay rise for five years. This is due to the economic climate and, as we are told, 'we are all in it together'.

Having said that I have no idea how much these guys get paid nor how much work they do and their effectiveness.

Edited by Max Power

I bet you'd pay me even less than these f-ckers, anyway!

That chip on your shoulder buffs up quite nicely doesn't it TJ? I pay any staff what i think they are worth. If they dont like it they can leave and take their chances with another employer if they think that they will be treated or rewarded any better. The general sense of "entitlement " in the public sector disgusts me and anyone who pulls the "I could get paid more" routine deserves to have their bluff called as in 90% of cases they are either lying or lack the guts to vote with their feet. Eitherway the minute you have that conversation with someone their time is up anyway as there is no loyalty to anyone but themselves and they will leave at some stage and probably try to take some of your clients with them.

• Like 1

Are you Metal Mickey?

That chip on your shoulder buffs up quite nicely doesn't it TJ? I pay any staff what i think they are worth. If they dont like it they can leave and take their chances with another employer if they think that they will be treated or rewarded any better. The general sense of "entitlement " in the public sector disgusts me and anyone who pulls the "I could get paid more" routine deserves to have their bluff called as in 90% of cases they are either lying or lack the guts to vote with their feet. Eitherway the minute you have that conversation with someone their time is up anyway as there is no loyalty to anyone but themselves and they will leave at some stage and probably try to take some of your clients with them.

Well, I have never gone to a private sector employer and told them they don't pay me enough, because I actually feel they have always paid me a fair amount. When I've worked in the private sector (as a temp), I've been paid more than DOUBLE for doing about a quarter of the amount of work compared to the pay and work I've done in the public sector (as a temp).

The reason I have a chip on my shoulder, oldmanxfella, is not because I'm "underpaid" or whatever; it's because other people in government are [over]paid two or three times more than I am --- not including all the extra perks (e.g. pension, paid leave, sick pay, pay rises) --- for doing the same job. I believe in equal pay for equal work --- don't you?

Edited by Thomas Jefferson

Rugger, I am not questioning your ability to read but could the document possibly read "over" paid?

• Like 1

Rugger, I am not questioning your ability to read but could the document possibly read "over" paid?

sorry will. i did read it right, they do think they are under paid. how they work that one out i would not know, but as some have said if they think that, then give the job up. go else wear, but i suppose if your a bankcrupt like longworth its hard to scam another job in the uk.
  • Like 1