Just been looking at some of the things that our Government have done to piss me off.

Then ive been looking upm photos of the Auswich concentration canmps, 10 year old kids batterd to death.

No matter how bad it is thank god your kids dont have to face what happened n the 1940s,

Lets face it the Germans and the Japenese were sadistic bastards thank god they didnt win the war.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Godwin's Law in a single post, that'll save some time.

Err, seeing as it was a fairly serious event in the history of the modern world, do you not think that you should at least be able to spell it?

Is Auswich just down the road from Prestwich? Or are you referring to Auschwitz?

really lucky!! look how well some british soldiers treat prisoners. marines charged with murder in the past month, Mau Mau's tortured to death in the 50's,and the list goes on. we are just the biggest bastards that won so get to tell the stories how we want them told.

Godwin's Law in a single post, that'll save some time.

Ah, beat me to it. Looks like the internet is now complete.

ETA: just remembered what this reminded me of -

Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out.

Edited by Bobbie Bobster

Wars are horrific things and the crimes committed by one side or the other truly terrible. But the Holocaust is a whole added dimension beyond war crimes.

There has been mention on the Forums reasonably recently about German massacres in France - such things dot Britain's colonial history, but there isn't really anything to compare with Einsatzgruppen and the gas chambers.

The mechanized evil of the Holocaust isn't something to be trivialized.

No country behaves well in war, but I feel it is vital to heed the warning of the Holocaust's inhumanity. People can become to so immune to killing that they can proudly report a death camp's efficiency.

That should make all of us shiver.

The fascist denial of a people's humanity has to be challenged and defeated. The allied victory did end something truly evil, and the exposure of the Holocaust's crimes is something far more than victor's justice.

The warning of History is real, and I genuinely hope we will never see a repeat of anything like the Nazi's ideology.

Edited by Chinahand

'never see a repeat anything like the nazi's ideology' !! where the fuck have you been hiding, that mentallity has been happening all over the place since the end of WW2 but the news of it gets out quicker and it gets stopped ( ish ) quicker. slobodan milosevic is just coming to trial now.

No country behaves well in war, but I feel it is vital to heed the warning of the Holocaust's inhumanity. People can become to so immune to killing that they can proudly report a death camp's efficiency.

That should make all of us shiver.

But it won't. Not really. We still quite easily go to war. I think people are rather numb to killing until it is something they are close to it.

...slobodan milosevic is just coming to trial now.

Really? Just now? I would love to see that on the telly. Some tough questions being composed to a corpse.

LOL, Wrong 'ic' , meant Radovan Karadzic.

Humanity has the capacity for acts of indescribable evil and also of outstanding compassion. That is the way nature made us and we are unlikely to evolve away from it. Multi ethnic lands where people have lived side by side for centuries suddenly blow up with neighbour butchering neighbour. Happening right now in Burma I see, and yes, it can and will happen again pretty much anywhere. To be secure, you need to be top dog and civilisations on the way up learn this and put it into practice. After they peak and start to decline into decadence they routinely forget those lessons at their peril.