10 Bendy Buses On Way To Isle Of Man

10 bendy buses are going to be on the roads of the isle of man by next april.and longworth is selling off another 16 double deckers (to his friends).instead of refurbing the old deckers at a fraction of the cost. longworth is buying 10 old bendy buses that no one wants. and refurbing them. and the DCCL want's to save money. didn't mr cretney say there will not be bendy buses on the island last year. when everyone said they where to big for the roads over here, so whats changed.apart from the DCCL minister changing twice . and remember longworth wants the speed limit put up to 50mph for buses. you can see it now bendy buses doing 50mph with 100 standing passangers on it. be it school kids or the general public. contact your MHK ask them to ask at the next seating of the house of keys.if they are coming.i have and i'm waiting for answer. as i've said before what longworth wants, longworth gets. and his new diesel train is to big to fit over the points in port erin station so they will have to dig them up . at more cost for it to fit.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bell was away for this Keys meeting, which was probably what meant this question got discussed at all. Without his guiding hand (and Teare seems to have gone walkies) only the usual suspects (Watters

I'm starting to not get bothered about this. Yes its stupid, its irrational, it makes no sense whatsoever and its going to be blatantly obvious very soon on that they are totally unsuited to our roads

Posted Images

10 bendy buses are going to be on the roads of the Isle of man by next April. Longworth is selling off another 16 double deckers (to his friends); instead of refurbishing the old deckers at a fraction of the cost.

Longworth is buying 10 old bendy buses that no one wants. and refurbing them and the DCCL want's to save money?

Didn't Mr Cretney say there will not be bendy buses on the island last year?

When everyone said they were too big for the roads over here, so whats changed? Apart from the DCCL minister changing twice.

And remember Longworth wants the speed limit put up to 50mph for buses.

You can see it now, bendy buses doing 50mph with 100 standing passengers on it; be it school kids or the general public.

Contact your MHK ask them to ask at the next seating of the House of Keys if they are coming. I have and I'm waiting for answer.

As I've said before what Longworth wants, Longworth gets; and his new diesel train is to big to fit over the points in Port Erin station so they will have to dig them up; at more cost for it to fit.

(Fixed so people can read without exploding).

10 bendy buses are going to be on the roads of the isle of man by next april.and longworth is selling off another 16 double deckers (to his friends).instead of refurbing the old deckers at a fraction of the cost. longworth is buying 10 old bendy buses that no one wants. and refurbing them. and the DCCL want's to save money. didn't mr cretney say there will not be bendy buses on the island last year. when everyone said they where to big for the roads over here, so whats changed.apart from the DCCL minister changing twice . and remember longworth wants the speed limit put up to 50mph for buses. you can see it now bendy buses doing 50mph with 100 standing passangers on it. be it school kids or the general public. contact your MHK ask them to ask at the next seating of the house of keys.if they are coming.i have and i'm waiting for answer. as i've said before what longworth wants, longworth gets. and his new diesel train is to big to fit over the points in port erin station so they will have to dig them up . at more cost for it to fit.

Hi Rugger,

Please indicate the source of this information and I will gladly approach my MHK about it.

I will also express my concern about bus drivers being expected to drive for over 4 consecutive hours, without even being able to go to the toilet, because it's a violation of basic workers' rights, and also because I think it's dangerous --- not only to passengers (which include women and children), but also to other drivers on the road. We're not talking about motorways where it's all in nice straight lines; this island has a lot of very narrow roads which require constant attention and, as someone who gets the bus at least a dozen times each week, I can fully understand how four straight hours of this is an accident waiting to happen. If anything, they should get more breaks, not less. I found the letter in the paper by some of the bus drivers to be very informative. I had not heard before about the offer to take the reduced pay if the management also did it. It would be comical if it wasn't so tragic.

If they do bring in bendy buses, or if they bring in "scabs" (strikebreakers) during any industrial action by our bus drivers, then I for one will boycott the buses and purchase a push bike to get to work and back. If these clowns can screw the bus drivers, and blatantly VIOLATE a written contract, then who is next, and why would businesses and governments outside of the Isle of Man want to do business with a government which breaks contracts and doesn't keep its promises?

As a conservative, I've just about had it with the Isle of Man Government and the way it treats the workers on the lowest end of the pay ladder; whether it be temporary workers or blue collar workers. The bus drivers are well-paid compared to others who are being shafted. It's only the lowest paid they seem to be targeting with reductions in pay. It just defies any logical explanation other than the obvious --- they're not interested so much in cost-effectiveness as much as in maintaining their own high salaried positions. What sickens me the most, though, is the sheer "banality" of it all; the way they casually speak of "cost-effectiveness" and shaft the low paid workers, while they give themselves pay rises. It just boggles the mind; these people are completely self-brainwashed, and think they are entitled to these pay rises, and I think they are genuinely deluded enough to not see the contradiction. Hannah Arendt's thesis on the banality of evil applies just as much to our government's phony cost-efficiency programme as it does to the Eichmann trial.

Edited by Thomas Jefferson

Hi Rugger,

Please indicate the source of this information and I will gladly approach my MHK about it.

I will also express my concern about bus drivers being expected to drive for over 4 consecutive hours, without even being able to go to the toilet, because it's a violation of basic workers' rights, and also because I think it's dangerous --- not only to passengers (which include women and children), but also to other drivers on the road. We're not talking about motorways where it's all in nice straight lines; this island has a lot of very narrow roads which require constant attention and, as someone who gets the bus at least a dozen times each week, I can fully understand how four straight hours of this is an accident waiting to happen. If anything, they should get more breaks, not less. I found the letter in the paper by some of the bus drivers to be very informative. I had not heard before about the offer to take the reduced pay if the management also did it. It would be comical if it wasn't so tragic.

If they do bring in bendy buses, or if they bring in "scabs" (strikebreakers) during any industrial action by our bus drivers, then I for one will boycott the buses and purchase a push bike to get to work and back. If these clowns can screw the bus drivers, and blatantly VIOLATE a written contract, then who is next, and why would businesses and governments outside of the Isle of Man want to do business with a government which breaks contracts and doesn't keep its promises?

As a conservative, I've just about had it with the Isle of Man Government and the way it treats the workers on the lowest end of the pay ladder; whether it be temporary workers or blue collar workers. The bus drivers are well-paid compared to others who are being shafted. It's only the lowest paid they seem to be targeting with reductions in pay. It just defies any logical explanation other than the obvious --- they're not interested so much in cost-effectiveness as much as in maintaining their own high salaried positions. What sickens me the most, though, is the sheer "banality" of it all; the way they casually speak of "cost-effectiveness" and shaft the low paid workers, while they give themselves pay rises. It just boggles the mind; these people are completely self-brainwashed, and think they are entitled to these pay rises, and I think they are genuinely deluded enough to not see the contradiction. Hannah Arendt's thesis on the banality of evil applies just as much to our government's phony cost-efficiency programme as it does to the Eichmann trial.

Sorry, but I think you'll find that driving for 4 hours in a straight line on the motorway is far more dangerous than driving 4 hours over here.

PS Barry Stevens is your Dad and I claim my £5 rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Sorry, but I think you'll find that driving for 4 hours in a straight line on the motorway is far more dangerous than driving 4 hours over here.

Thank you for pointing that out; I am not a driver myself, so I wouldn't know.

What I do know, however, is that when I'm a passenger on the bus, I always worry the driver might have a heart attack or nervous breakdown --- or crash. It just amazes me every time they manage not to crash --- especially when they go so fast.

P.S. Guess again!

Edited by Thomas Jefferson

What I do know, however, is that when I'm a passenger on the bus, I always worry the driver might have a heart attack or nervous breakdown --- or crash. It just amazes me every time they manage not to crash --- especially when they go so fast.

P.S. Guess again!

Well don't stand there boring them, take a seat and leave them to drive.thumbsup.gif

PS Ok, Barry Stevens is your Mum then

Edited by dilligaf

Maybe that explains the strange looking lorry with L plates? It looks like a truck with a rigid trailer but with another trailer attached to it of equal length, was wondering if the drivers are getting some practice in.

The drivers often stop and use the toilet at the Manx Arms, it is rubbish that they cannot get out of their seats for over 4 hours, when the swap bus's they can stretch their legs, what a lot of poppycock there is being bandied about. They are well paid for what they do and should be glad to have a job with a pension in this present financial climate.

• Like 2

Yep bendy buses are on their way, but not on all routes and they will actually save money. Don't believe all thecrap floating about when people start saying how it would have been cheaper to refurbish the old buses that were sold as the new owners spent a lot on getting some of them back on the road. The new fleet of buses have proper maintenace contracts from the manufacturers and the rediculous amount of spares for the missmatched old fleet has gone.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of articulated buses, any plan to replace 16 double-deckers with only 10 of them, suggests an intention to require 6 less drivers by next April, on top of everything else that's going on. That's another £270k per annum saved...........

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 1

P.S. Guess again!

They do crash. Especially the new Merc's.