10 Bendy Buses On Way To Isle Of Man

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bell was away for this Keys meeting, which was probably what meant this question got discussed at all. Without his guiding hand (and Teare seems to have gone walkies) only the usual suspects (Watters

I'm starting to not get bothered about this. Yes its stupid, its irrational, it makes no sense whatsoever and its going to be blatantly obvious very soon on that they are totally unsuited to our roads

Posted Images

.. but the BB's were taken down this road when on their trial, for some reason?

possibly to check out the tight turn at the end - the 2 bus spaces are however needed as timetableing seems to place both the Douglas + Ramsey bound buses at the stop within a couple of minutes of each other thus delays to one can block the stop and thus the road - tho not on a school run the 9.14am is a follow up from a school run and the 15.15pm from Douglas becomes a school run on its return from Peel - the exit from the town hall is too tight for most Chelsea prams after dropping off kids at the nursery - however as it took over 4months for the 30yrds or so at bottom of the road I dread just how long it will take for the somewhat longer section to the bus stop. Edited by Frances
  • 1 month later...

So i was wondering, like, isn't the results of the consultation overdue?

It must be 6 weeks or so since we were advised that there would be a decision in, er, 6 weeks was it?

Is Nick Black's re-assignment relevant to the outcome...?

With privatisation on the cards bendy bus's may not happen, privatisation will.

They may still be coming. I heard that they have returned back to base to have the trailing half converted to "en suite". They reckon that will be cheaper than having to supply "pull-ups" for the weak bladdered little dears.

I would have thought that bendys could be problematic as there are unlikely to be many volunteers with an artic licence to drive them if the issues over drivers conditions are not resolved and the strikes continue indefinitely.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha. You guys are good. :-)

Its photoshopped by a flickr user named Garry Luck. You should check out some of his other Isle Of Man Pics. He's got National Transport Pics too.

IOMRS97, I had heard that but I personally find maroon and cream more attractive. Plus, anyone could have added the Bus Vannin logo to an already silver O530G. Also nice user name. That couldn't possibly stand for Isle Of Man Road Services Fleet No. 97, could it?

P.S. I'm not Garry, I did make the request for a Bendy in Bus Vannin livery though.

Check out his other work here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/northernblue109/

Agreed Manannan - the East Yorkshire maroon and cream is better. The silver is not good from a safety aspect either, in terms of visibility in poor light. I know a bus should be obvious but they seem to be invisible to some car drivers! Whatever colour is chosen, it would be nice to have a fleet that has a standard fleet livery - there must be around four in use at the moment, or have I missed any?