Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Pierrot Lunaire

Wiggins Injured In Crash

I live about 3 miles away from where Bradley Wiggins was knocked off his bike, our street is quite busy with traffic, mainly cars, not a very well lit area either, but parents still will not protect their little darlings, kids as young as 4 are out on their bikes in the hours of darkness, riding in the road, with no lights, or protective headgear or high visability clothing. This is an accident waiting to happen.

Poor parenting - the cause of nearly as many of the country's problems as poor governing.

Does anyone know of a shop where you can buy cyclist shaped stickers to put on the side of your vehicle after you have run them over? Ideally in packs of ten.

Does anyone know of a shop where you can buy cyclist shaped stickers to put on the side of your vehicle after you have run them over? Ideally in packs of ten.

You're joking in response to running over kids? I know you're on a sad trolling effort, but that's a low way of getting your kicks.

You're joking in response to running over kids? I know you're on a sad trolling effort, but that's a low way of getting your kicks.

Since when was Wiggins a kid?

Actually kids are more sensible, you never see them riding three/four/five abreast across a main road, just so called 'educated adults'. Unless of course they are with idiots like you taking them up on the mountain road.

As described here. Well, I wouldn't wish this on the lad, but to raise awareness of the vulnerability of cyclists on our roads, there probably wasn't a 'better' victim. Hope he recovers ok.

Quite agree, but Wiggins doing 25-30mpg in the dark, during a busy rush hour does not sound very sensible to me.

Look at the post above yours. If you think trying to troll me is worth putting kids lives at risk then I don't think I'm the idiot.

Look at the post above yours. If you think trying to troll me is worth putting kids lives at risk then I don't think I'm the idiot.

The usual form is: if referring to any post (or part thereof), to quote it. Otherwise a post is assumed to refer to a view of the thread title.

Do you read every comment as being linked to the previous post? How long have you been on here?

I'm not sure making a joke - albeit a tasteless one - is "putting kids lives at risk".

Quite agree, but Wiggins doing 25-30mpg in the dark, during a busy rush hour does not sound very sensible to me.

Making stuff up again Cambon? He was on a mountain bike and it was on a rural road, the crash was just a few yards from a junction. I don't think 25-30mph is likely.

Helix, I disagree. The aggression towards all cyclists put lives at risk, including kids. Albert's trying to get a rise out of me, and he's making a poor job of it. But readers who don't know how poor his sense of humour is will just see another anti cycling post that reinforces the stereotype and puts people at risk.

The usual form is: if referring to any post (or part thereof), to quote it. Otherwise a post is assumed to refer to a view of the thread title.

Do you read every comment as being linked to the previous post? How long have you been on here?

Oh I see. So you want a sticker for your car for every time you run over Bradley Wiggins?

Au contraire.

Ah so you are making jokes about knocking kids off bikes in an attempt to wind me up? I'm flattered Albert, I didn't know you cared.

Making stuff up again Cambon? He was on a mountain bike and it was on a rural road, the crash was just a few yards from a junction. I don't think 25-30mph is likely.

No, not making stuff up. Busy road during rush hour, in the dark, about 50 meters from the junction.

Helix, I disagree. The aggression towards all cyclists put lives at risk, including kids. Albert's trying to get a rise out of me, and he's making a poor job of it. But readers who don't know how poor his sense of humour is will just see another anti cycling post that reinforces the stereotype and puts people at risk.

I don't think anyone reads the joke and goes "You know what? It WOULD be great to crash my car into cyclists!"

Helix, it's my view that bad feelings off the road turns into attitude on the road. People need to stop thinking in terms of drivers, cyclists, horse riders and pedestrians and more in terms of people using the roads. Making 'jokes' about running over cyclists only reinforces the general bad feelings. It's like making racist jokes, is that harmless too?

No, not making stuff up. Busy road during rush hour, in the dark, about 50 meters from the junction.

Nope, the petrol station is on the junction, he got hit just after the turn. Not in the rush hour, it's a rural area. Not going 25-30 mph as he was on a mountain bike. Dusky at nearly 6pm at the time, but he had lights on. Yep, pretty much all made up, again tilting the thread towards the cyclist being at fault.