Under Govt notices in this weeks Courier I see Douglas Corpy have petitioned Govt for consent to sell Pulrose Manor House for £500,000.

This sale was first considered back in 2005, I wonder what has urged them to sell it now?

Previous thread link http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4225-corpy-land-deal/page__hl__%20corpy%20%20land%20%20deal

Edited by Lisenchuk
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sick to death now hearing that wannabe politician Christian, I hope the gov does destroy his little empire and while they are at it the gov can take on the fucking money wasting horse trams. Christian

The parcel of land at Cambrian Place was sold by the Corpy to a Company named Rural Views in 2006 for £605,000 and the Corpy now plan to borrow £2.5million to buy it back. That doesn't sound like good

So the corpy sold at the peak of the market for 605,000 and now the market's on it's arse with loads for sale and few takers, they expect ratepayers to pick up the tab for what has got to be the worst

Posted Images

Also in the Public Notices section the Corpy are petitioning Govt for consent to purchase land at Cambrian Place for the sum of £2.5 million.

They're also seeking consent under the local Govt act to borrow just over £12 million to buy the land and build a Library,Multi storey car park and offices on the site.

Under Govt notices in this weeks Courier I see Douglas Corpy have petitioned Govt for consent to sell Pulrose Manor House for £500,000.

This sale was first considered back in 2005, I wonder what has urged them to sell it now?

Previous thread link http://www.manxforum...rpy land deal

Went past there today and commented ( to my wife) on the fact that the Duggan family pay next to fuck all for what is a massive house in huge grounds. She said I should bring that up on here " instead of your usual crap". So it is being sold off, for what seems to be a very very low price. What's that about then.

Is it being sold to everyones favourite builder, or are the Duggans getting it for a song?. I can't believe that a manor house that size can be sold off for the same price as a 4 bed house on an estate. Unreal.

Went past there today and commented ( to my wife) on the fact that the Duggan family pay next to fuck all for what is a massive house in huge grounds. She said I should bring that up on here " instead of your usual crap". So it is being sold off, for what seems to be a very very low price. What's that about then.

Is it being sold to everyones favourite builder, or are the Duggans getting it for a song?. I can't believe that a manor house that size can be sold off for the same price as a 4 bed house on an estate. Unreal.

It makes me wonder who they got to value it.

It makes me wonder who they got to value it.

Maybe young Alfie is going to buy it, with a couple of month's salary as a Bus Driver !!zorro.gif

Dandara maybe! ;-)

The Manor House proposal certainly could be the next step on the way to seeing a contractor build on Pulrose Golf Course

Sounds good to me. I really resent paying rates for a golf course and restaurant when we've already got loads in the IOM.

Dandara maybe! ;-)

The Manor House proposal certainly could be the next step on the way to seeing a contractor build on Pulrose Golf Course

Sounds good to me. I really resent paying rates for a golf course and restaurant when we've already got loads in the IOM.

I would prefer it to grow wild than see that greedy shower Dandara gets their hands on it.

• Like 4

But do you really think your rates would drop if they sold it......?

Dandara maybe! ;-)

I would prefer it to grow wild than see that greedy shower Dandara gets their hands on it.

Why? If it was not Dandara that were the biggest house builder on the island it would be another company, I just dont get, the DD/HH hatred.

They have built some decent looking places along with the normal rubbish. What is the problem with them in particular?

• Like 1

But do you really think your rates would drop if they sold it......?

If you look at the Corpy's second proposal to borrow >£12 million for Cambrian Place you can guarantee your rates going up I would say.